A postgraduate diploma in Australia is a shorter qualification than a Master’s degree. It is taken up by students who want to learn more after a Bachelor’s degree. Australia has more than 40 universities that offer quality education to international students. Moreover, many universities provide job placements and internships. More than 15 Nobel laureates are from Australian universities. Hence, it is a great destination to pursue a postgraduate diploma. Keep reading to know more about post Graduate diploma in Australia eligibility requirements, top universities,
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Post Graduate Diploma in Australia?
A postgraduate diploma is taken by students who want additional instruction after completion of a bachelor’s degree. Australian universities are known for innovative teaching methods and learning techniques. There are several reasons you should choose a post graduate diploma in Australia. Some of them are listed below:
- Australian universities offer a balance of theoretical and practical education. Hence, it is a perfect destination to study PG diploma.
- Pursuing a postgraduate diploma is a great learning experience before applying for a Master’s at an Australian university.
- Australian universities have easy and flexible semester systems. Moreover, they provide plenty of course options to students. For example, the University of Southern Queensland offers several PG diploma courses
- Taking up a PG diploma in Australia will make the students familiar with the education system of the country.
Also Read: Diploma Courses in UK
PG Diploma in Australia Eligibility Requirements
Generally, to be eligible for a PG diploma in Australia a student must have completed a bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution. The additional requirements for admission in Australia are listed below:
- Must have completed a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized institution. Moreover, the student must meet the grade set by the university for admission. Do note that the GPA/minimum marks vary from university to university.
- Additionally, the student must meet the English language requirements. For example, clear IELTS/TOEFL/PTE
- Clear additional entrance exams, if required by the university.
- Must have practical experience, if required by an Australian university.
Best PG Diploma Courses in Australia
Australian universities provide several postgraduate diploma courses for students. Depending on the interest a student who meets the eligibility requirements can apply for the course. Some of the best PG diploma courses in Australia are listed below:
- Medical Science
- Business Management
- Computing and IT
- Health Sciences
- Business Analytics
- Australian Law
- Digital Enterprise
Top 10 Colleges to Study Post Graduate Diploma in Australia
Some of the top colleges to study for Post graduate diplomas in Australia are listed below. The ranking of the universities, the fees, and the duration of the courses are provided for your reference. While looking for universities it is a good idea to go for the top-ranked institutions.
|University Name||Course||Duration||QS World Ranking 2024||Tuition Fees|
|Southern Cross University||Graduate Diploma in Project Management||2 years||Under the top 660 university||INR 14.92 lakh|
|The University of Southern Queensland||Graduate Diploma of Business (GDBZ)||1 year||410||INR 2.12 lakh|
|The University of Technology Sydney||Graduate Diploma in High-Performance Sport||1 year||90||INR 10.37 lakh|
|James Cook University||Graduate Diploma of Psychology (Bridging)||1.8 years||415||INR 17.19 lakh|
|The University of Tasmania||Graduate Diploma in Business Start-Up||1 year||307||INR 20.10 lakh|
|Australian Academy Of Music And Performing Arts||Graduate Diploma of Music (Performance)||1 year||NA||NA|
|Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology||Graduate Diploma in Education (Early Childhood)||1 year||NA||INR 16.61 lakh|
|Asia Pacific International College||Graduate Diploma of Project Management||1.3 Years||NA||NA|
|Global College Australasia||Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning)||1.9 years||NA||INR 11.35 lakh|
|Keystone College of Business And Technology||Diploma of Human Resources Management||NA||NA||NA|
To study for a postgraduate diploma in Australia several documents need to be submitted. The documents are required to verify the student profile. Some of the important documents required by Australian universities are listed below:
- Academic transcripts of the student
- Passport and visa
- Updated CV/Resume
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Proof of finances
- Statement of purpose
- Letter of recommendation
- TB test certificate
Also Read: Study in Australia: Comprehensive 2023 Guide
The application process to study in Australia can be complex. Hence, it is always best to consult study-abroad experts. For example, reach out to leverage edu. Follow the steps below to get admission to postgraduate diploma courses in Australia.
- The Leverage Edu experts will start the application process with the respective university in Australia.
- Next, documents such as LOR, SOP, TOEFL/IELTS score needs to be submitted
- The accommodation process, application for student visas, scholarships, and loans would be started.
- Finally, the student would receive the offer letter within 4-6 weeks.
Career after Post Graduate Diploma In Australia
After completing a Postgraduate Diploma in Australia students can apply for any job in the chosen sector. However, to move forward in the career enough experience is required. Below we have listed some of the popular career options after a PG diploma in Australia.
|Designation||Average Annual Salary|
|Human Resource Management||$119,446|
There are several career options a student can take up after completing a PG diploma in Australia. However, the career options depend upon the diploma course the student has taken up. For example, after completing a PG diploma in project management a student can become a project coordination, or information technology project manager, among others. Similarly, after completing a diploma in Human Resource Management career options such as Human resources assistant, Benefits administrator, and Payroll specialist, among others.
Yes. Students can pursue a postgraduate diploma in Australia. To be eligible for the course students have to meet the eligibility requirements. That is, a student must have completed Bachelor from a recognized institution. Additionally, they must have scored the minimum grade required for the relevant course.
A PG Diploma in Australia can cost approximately INR 20 lakh to INR 21 lakh per annum.
Yes. IELTS is required for a PG diploma in Australia. The minimum IELTS score required by Australian universities is 6.5. However, some universities do accept an IELTS score of 6/9.
A postgraduate diploma in Australia is a course taken up by students who want to learn more after a bachelor’s. However, the course is below the level of a Masters degree. Post graduate diplomas in Australia can provide a variety of career opportunities for students. For example, clinical psychologist, human resource management, among others. To discover more articles like this one, consult the study abroad experts at Leverage Edu.