Canada has emerged as a highly valuable country for those students who want to pursue their higher education abroad. It is widely chosen for its quality education and high employability skills. Each year more than 1,00,000 Indian students choose Canada to pursue their bachelor’s and master’s. A master’s degree in courses like dentistry in Canada is much more affordable than in UK or USA. Universities in Canada help students to acquire the right set of skills that ultimately lead to a successful dentistry career abroad. Let’s learn more about it through this article.
This Blog Includes:
What is Masters in Dentistry in Canada?
Master in Dentistry in Canada is a 2-year full-time course offering student-focused learning which ultimately promotes patient-centred care and outreach through research, scholarship, and partnership. It is a trusted, respected, and integral course in Canada. There are different universities offering different types of courses with varying duration and subjects. Before moving on to them in detail, let us figure out why Canada is the best country to pursue a master’s in dentistry.
Why Pursue a Masters in Dentistry in Canada?
There can be multiple reasons why a student might want to pursue masters in Canada. Although, below are some of the major reasons:
- Canadian Universities are known for their rigorous academic standards and globally recognized degrees
- Dentistry courses are high in demand and their scope is at its peak these days
- An average salary of a Master in Dentistry student in Canada is USD 1,26,750 per year
- This course is considered one of the top-notch courses in Canada which leads your way toward attaining permanent residentship in it
Top 5 Universities to Pursue Masters in Dentistry in Canada
Here is a list of some of the top universities that a student can opt for:
|University||QS Ranking 2023||Program Offered & Duration||Total Tuition Fees (in Canadian AUD)|
|University of Toronto||21||MSc Program (Dental Biomedical Sciences), 3 Years||$45000 per year|
|University of Alberta||111||Masters (MSc) Dentistry||$1,901.52 per year|
|Dalhousie university||298||Master of Periodontics, 3 Years||$82,948.97 per year|
|Western University||114||Master of Orthodontics, 3 years (full-time)||$57233 per year|
|McGill University||30||M.Sc. in Dental Sciences program, 2 Years||$28361.06 per year|
Note: Every year fees get updated, kindly update yourself with the university’s official website.
The eligibility criteria for carrying a master’s in Canada may vary from university to university. Though, below are the common/general guidelines that you need to meet:
- A candidate must carry a graduate degree from a recognized university in the dentistry field
- Aspiring students must have at least a 50-55% percentage in their undergraduate exams
- Some of the colleges and universities also conduct their own entrance exams, which a student must clear.
- The most obvious requirement to study abroad is to clear the English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE
Before taking a step forward toward applying for any specific university, make sure that the following listed documents are ready alongside yours:
The following are the steps that you need to take in order to apply for your master’s in Dentistry in Canada:
- Before initiating the process, make sure to have your college transcripts or final mark sheet of the 12th handy with you
- After that prepare a statement of purpose, to help the universities understand your solo motto of going to that particular university to pursue your master’s
- After getting all this, the initial step you have to take is to figure out the course and the country for studying abroad. In deciding this, you can take the help of Leverage Edu’s expert AI Course Finder tool
- From there onwards, visit particularly to the website of an individual university and start to apply thereby adding the right information in the respective fields
- After you are sought, and gotten the offer letter from the respected university, just accept it and start looking for the funds
- In the end, just apply for the visa application and fly to your dream university
Must Read: Study Dentistry Abroad
Cost of Pursuing Masters in Dentistry in Canada
The total cost to pursue your master’s in dentistry in Canada depends upon the particular university to which you are applying for admission. However, in general, the average cost lies between 50 CAD to 60 CAD per annum.
Cost of Living in Canada
Living cost in Canada is slightly higher than in India. For instance, food prices are 502.67% higher, house rent prices are 750.90% higher, healthcare prices are 28 times higher and much more.
Your salary package is a total depends on your job profile, the right set of skills, and the job requirements for which you are applying for a post. On average a Canadian student who has completed his mastery in dentistry earns around USD 1,26,750 per year.
The exact duration of the course, of course, depends on the type of university in which you are enrolling yourself and other considerable factors. However, on average your master’s in dentistry can end in near about 3 years.
Yes, Indian students can pursue masters in Canada after completing their BDS from India.
On average MDS in Canada can cost you around 26,500- 44,580 CAD annually.
The information included in this blog covers all the relevant information you require to pursue your masters in Canada. For further help, our expert team at Leverage Edu is all time here to handhold you. For smooth help/assistance just drop us a call at 1800572000 today to get an absolutely free counseling session!