Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships have fully funded scholarships that are available for international students to study undergraduate and postgraduate courses in New Zealand. The Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships are introduced to increase the skills, training, and knowledge of students and to build their capacity to contribute to sustainable development in the home country. The scholarships can be availed by all students from developing countries. However, priority will be given to students who want to pursue courses that are listed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Keep reading to know more about the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship eligibility criteria, benefits, and the application process.
|Scholarship Name||Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships for International students|
|Eligibility Criteria||Be at least 18 years of age, meet the visa requirements, English eligibility requirements, and have work experience for postgraduate courses|
|Eligible Countries||Be at least 18 years of age, meet the visa requirements, English eligibility requirements, and have work experience in postgraduate courses|
|Scholarship Benefits||Cover full tuition fee, living allowance, establishment allowance, travel expenses, and vaccination expenses, among others.|
This Blog Includes:
This Blog Includes:
Several types of Manaaki scholarships are available. They have listed below:
|Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate study||Full tertiary scholarships for International students to study full-time in New Zealand|
|Short Term Training Scholarships for Pacific and Timor-Leste citizens||Short term scholarships offered to students from eligible countries for skills training and on-the-job work experience|
|Short Term Training Scholarships for citizens of Southeast Asia and Timor-Leste||Short scholarships for skill training for Southeast Asia and Timor-Leste students|
|English Language Training for Officials Scholarships (NZELTO)||Government officials from African and Asian countries who have come to New Zealand for English training|
List of Universities Offering this Scholarship
There are several Universities that are offering the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships. Some of them are listed below
- The University of Auckland
- Victoria University of Wellington
- The University of Otago
- Auckland University of Technology
The Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships eligibility depends on several factors. It includes the age of the student, country of citizenship, work experience, and whether New Zealand offers scholarships in the home country of the student. Below is the scholarship eligibility criteria for students. Do note that the interested student can check the eligibility requirements at the official website as well.
- The minimum age of the student needs to be 18 years at the time of sending the application. There is no maximum age limit. However, the scholarship providers prefer students who are below 40 years of age.
- Meet the student visa requirements on the immigration website
- Meet New Zealand’s border requirements and the Covid 19 vaccination requirement
- Meet the English language requirement for the course that you are applying to
- The scholars should be willing to contribute to the development of the country for at least two years after the completion of the course.
- Students who are applying for postgraduate program scholarships and other higher education scholarships require work experience. The same goes for students who have completed their education for more than 3 years. A year of work experience or two years of part-time work experience is required. However, the work experience can be paid or unpaid.
Also, Read- Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in UK
Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships are available to students from eligible countries. Below is the list of countries that are eligible for the scholarship.
|S.No||Countries Eligible for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships|
|1||Pacific countries||Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji (postgraduate only), Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu|
|2||African countries||Cambodia, Indonesia, Jordan, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Viet Nam|
|3||Asian countries||Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Djibouti, Eswatini, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe|
|4||Caribbean countries||Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname|
|5||Latin American countries||Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela|
|6.||Commonwealth countries||As a result of COVID-19, we regret to advise that no tertiary scholarships are available for the Commonwealth for the 2023 selection round.|
The Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship is a fully tertiary scholarship provided to International students. The scholarship has several benefits which are listed below.
- The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees of the student
- NZ$531 per week stipend will be given as a living allowance
- If the student is completing his education online then the living stipend will depend on the living expenses in the home country.
- Additionally, an establishment allowance of NZ$1000 is granted to the student.
- Travel expenses from the home country to New Zealand and vise-versa.
- Covers the entire travel expense of the student
- Scholars studying in New Zealand for more than 1.5 years are allowed to back to their country for visitation purposes. In this case, one -two visitation travel expenses will be coveted under the scholarship.
- The financial support for managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ) is given if required during return to the home country.
- Covid-19 vaccination costs and covid-19 pre-departure test costs will be covered.The costs will be covered for both New Zealand and the home country.
- NZ$1000 as reintegration costs. That is, the cost of setting up after returning to the home country.
Also, Read- WBMDFC Scholarship
Recommended Research Topics
Below are the recommended research subjects that can be taken up by students.
|Food security and agriculture||Farm management, agricommerce, diary systems, agribusiness, agricultural technology, horticulture management, rural development, supply chain management|
|Renewable energy||Government, public policy, public management, and governance.|
|Governance||Government, public policy, pubic management, and governance.|
Also, Read- Top 4 Japan Scholarships for Indian Students You Never Knew Existed!
Scholarship Application Process
The application process for the new applicants and the existing applicants will be different. Previous applicants need to reset the application password and then fill out the form. Below is the scholarship application process for the new applicants.
- The new applicants need to confirm their eligibility and then register for the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships. Use email for registration.
- The system will check the email address that has been previously used. If the email address is new you can register with the help of the ‘eligibility code’ that you have written down.
- An email will be sent to the account through which the student can register for the scholarship.
- Fill out the application form and submit it before the deadline to be considered for the scholarship.
- Is New Zealand fully funded scholarship 2023 2024?
The Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships for International Students is a fully funded scholarship provided for international students. The living allowance. of the scholarship is NZ$531 per week and is given to the scholars with the tuition fees, and travel expenses.
- How much is Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship?
The Manaaki New Zealand scholarship is fully funded. The living expenses of NZ$531 are provided to the student. The establishment allowance of NZ$1000 is granted along with the travel expenses, covid testing expenses, and reintegration expenses. The tuition fees of the student will be fully covered by the government.
- How do I get a full scholarship in New Zealand?
Students can get a fully funded scholarship by visiting the official scholarship website of the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships. The next step is to register for the scholarship after checking your eligibility status.
Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship is offered to International students to complete their studies in New Zealand. The scholarships are available for graduation, postgraduation, and higher education programs. The benefits of the scholarships include coverage of tuition expenses, travel expenses, re-establishment expenses, covid test expenses, vaccination expenses, and living expenses. To discover more articles like this visit the study abroad experts at Leverage Edu.