Brandon University, a public university located in Canada ranks in the top 100 universities. For all those students looking to study at this university with the help of scholarships can apply. There are many types of scholarships which are offered to international students. International students looking for financial assistance can apply for this scholarship and can check out all the details of the scholarships awarded by this university. These scholarships are very helpful for one’s studies and career. In this blog, you will find information regarding scholarships that are offered by Brandon University to international students.
This Blog Includes:
- Top Reasons to Study at Brandon University Scholarships
- List of Scholarships at Brandon University for International Students
- How to Apply
Top Reasons to Study at Brandon University Scholarships
- Brandon University promotes excellence in teaching, research, creation and scholarship. The university is responsible for educating its students so that they can go on to make a meaningful contribution to society as engaged citizens and leaders.
- The university also provides training and support for student researchers and faculty members
- The university holds one-to-one interactions with professors and research opportunities often not available at larger institutions.
List of Scholarships at Brandon University for International Students
Brandon University offers its future international students with various types of scholarships. Here are the types of scholarships which are offered to everyone.
- Board of Governors Entrance Scholarships
- IB (International Baccalaureate) Scholarships
- AP (Advanced Placement) Scholarships
- Automatic Considerations & Applied For Entrance Scholarships
These scholarships (money) are offered to students on the basis of their excellent academic standing, though there may also be additional requirements.
Board of Governors Entrance Scholarships
Brandon University evaluates candidates from approved Canadian high schools for Board of Governors (BoG) Entrance Scholarships, recognising the effort necessary to perform academically in high school.
Students must enrol at Brandon University straight out of high school to be eligible for this award; however, a one-year “gap year” is allowed as long as you don’t pursue any post-secondary education during that time.
|Name of the Scholarship||Board of Governors Entrance Scholarships|
|Offered By||Brandon University|
|Amount||Starting at $800 and going up to $2,000|
IB (International Baccalaureate) Scholarships
According to the following chart, high school students who have earned the full IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma and are entering college for the first time will be eligible for an IB (International Baccalaureate) Scholarship:
|IB Diploma Score||Scholarship Amount|
Only those students who have completed both the IB Diploma as well as a regular Canadian high school diploma will be eligible to receive either an IB (International Baccalaureate) Scholarship (according to IB Diploma score) or a BoG Entrance Scholarship.
AP (Advanced Placement) Scholarships
In addition to any sums granted under the BoG Entrance Scholarship programme, high school students who have excelled in AP (Advanced Placement) courses and are entering university for the first time will be recognised:
|AP Course Score||Scholarship Amount|
Automatic Considerations & Applied For Entrance Scholarships
High school students with exceptional academic status (equal to Tier I BoG eligibility) are automatically eligible for a variety of specific admission scholarships in addition to the Board of Governors (BoG) admission Scholarships. You do not need to submit a separate scholarship application, but you must fulfil all of the requirements listed below:
- The student should have applied to Brandon University by 1st March.
- They should have also submitted their transcripts by 1st March.
- The student should have been directly from a recognised Canadian high school to Brandon University.
- However, a one-year gap will be permitted as long as they do not pursue any post-secondary education during that time.
- The student should have got a minimum of 85 per cent in their class 11 and 12.
- Lastly, the student will have to submit an online application and any required supporting documents in advance of the published deadline.
How to Apply
Follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for the Brandon University scholarships:
- Claim your BU ID: It is very important for the student to be enrolled in Brandon University in order to apply for the scholarships. Once admitted, the student’s BU ID will be activated so that they can apply for the scholarship.
- Login into your Student Information Portal: The student information portal is a hub where all the personal details of the student are mentioned. It includes information like the course the student has registered in, his/her grades, financial statements, scholarship application, and much more.
- Add awards to your application: Once the above steps are done, the student will then be able to select a specific scholarship, award or bursary.
- Upload supporting documents: In the next stage, the student will have to submit their application even if they don’t have all the necessary paperwork. The necessary documents can be mailed in or uploaded later.
- Review the information and submit your application: In this step, the student will have to get their information verified. This will include their current address, awards and supporting documents. After this, the student will have to apply for bursaries or scholarship bursaries, they must complete the online budget to self-declare their financial need. Once this is done, the student will be able to click on ‘Submit application.’
|Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students in Canada 2024|
|Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada: A Guide|
|University of Sunderland Scholarships for International Students 2024|
|Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)|
A1. Firstly, the student will have to claim their BU ID.
Then they will have to log in to their Student Information Portal.
Each and every student will have to add their awards.
Upload supporting documents.
Lastly, review the application and submit the application.
A2. The acceptance rate at Brandon University is 66.47 per cent.
A3. Brandon University is a public university.v