MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship is an initiative launched by MPOWER Financing, which will help students in pursuing their higher education courses in partner universities and colleges in the USA and Canada. MPOWER Financing is a fintech which provides loans to international students, DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and citizens of the USA. Under this scholarship, students will receive a scholarship amount of up to $10,000.
MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship is launched with the objective of creating globally-minded, culturally-competent graduates, who can deal with all sorts of problems and can come out with positive conclusions in fields of science, technology, business, environment, etc.
|Scholarship Name||MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship|
|Organising Body||MPOWER Financing|
|Eligibility||Graduation from the USA or CanadaDocuments to study in the USA or Canada|
|Benefits||Grand Prize – $10,000 Runner-up – $2,000 Honorable Mention – $2,000|
This Blog Includes:
To successfully receive MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship, candidates will be judged or selected based on the essays they have submitted. Winners will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- The quality and vocabulary of the candidate’s essay.
- The essay should demonstrate good communication skills, a compelling objective, and clarity of thought.
- Candidate’s potential in the field of science, technology, entrepreneurship, etc.
- Leadership qualities of the candidate and how well can you come up with positive conclusions.
To successfully apply for this scholarship, follow the steps given below.
- Visit the official webpage of MPOWER Financing mentioned above.
- Click on the ‘Scholarships’ section.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’.
- Fill out the application form by entering all the required information.
- You will have to enter your name, contact details, country of origin and residence, and education qualification.
- At the bottom of the application form, you will have to write an essay/ poem/PowerPoint/ any other written material, with a word limit of 200-500.
- The topic for the Essay/ Poem/PowerPoint can be ‘ Describe how you have already made an impact on in your family, home and at the international or scientific community’.
- This essay will become your deciding factor for receiving this MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship.
- After you have written your Essay/ Poem/PowerPoint, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Also Read: Study Abroad Scholarships that you Must Explore!
Here is a list of all the documents which you have to submit while applying for the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship.
- An essay/ poem/PowerPoint with a word limit of 200-500.
- Candidate’s Identity Card
- Education Qualification Certificates
- Achievements Certificates
- F1 Visa (International Students)
Before applying for the scholarship, candidates must make sure that they possess all of the following eligibility criteria.
- Students should be pursuing or have applied for a full-time course at any partnered university in the USA or Canada.
- Candidate should have a valid F1 visa or a Green Card (permanent residence) or a DACA recipient status for partnered universities and colleges in the USA.
- Candidate should be a permanent resident or should have a Canadian stupe permit for partnered universities and colleges in Canada.
- Candidate should have sufficient funds in his or her bank account as proof to show financial support.
Under the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship, meritorious and capable students will be given financial assistance so that they can pursue their higher education without any financial problems. MPOWER Financing was founded in 2014, and this company declared its objective to provide financial support for international education. With one of its branches in Bangalore, India, this fintech is determined to empower international students so that they become capable enough to lead future generations, businesses, government and society.
Here is a table highlighting the scholarship amount under MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship.
Terms and Conditions
In order to successfully receive MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship, candidates will have to be eligible for all the terms and conditions of this scholarship. Here are all the conditions.
- Attempt to transfer scholarship is not allowed, and if done, the entire scholarship amount will be taken back from the candidate.
- The winners will be announced within 8 weeks of the time limit.
- After the winners are announced, they will have to submit an affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and a Publicity Release, with the candidate’s signature on them.
- The number of entries received and the quality of essays submitted by candidates will determine the odds of winning.
- Winners will not be allowed to substitute their awarded prize. This scholarship prize cannot be sold or transferred to any other student.
- Also, this amount is only to be spent for academic purposes.
MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship is applicable for students pursuing high education courses at partnered Universities and Colleges in the USA and Canada.
To become successfully eligible for MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship, students must have taken admitted to any partnered University or college in the USA and Canada and should possess a valid Visa for USA and Canada.
MPOWER Financing is a public benefit corporation, created in 2014, with the objective of providing financial assistance to students pursuing higher education from partnered universities and colleges in the USA and Canada.
MPOWER Financing is a USA-based public benefit corporation, which was established with the objective of providing financial assistance to meritorious students in the field of science, technology, engineering, business, etc. so that they do not face any financial barriers.
If you are planning to study abroad in the upcoming intakes get in touch with our study abroad experts at 1800-57-2000. And stay tuned to our scholarships page for more information related to various scholarship schemes to study abroad.