The HPI Visa is issued by the immigration department of the UK, through which applicants are given permission to stay in the UK for at least a period of 2 years. This time duration can be extended by switching to another visa, for example, a Skilled Worker Visa, also known as the UK PR Visa. The UK Immigration Department issues several types of visas for individuals with high potential or exceptional talent, which often depend on their specific circumstances and educational qualifications. With an HPI visa, immigrants who have recently completed their higher studies from any top university in the world can come to the UK without any job offer. In this article, we will cover all the aspects of an HPI visa.
This Blog Includes:
How to Apply for an HPI Visa?
The application process for the HPI visa is quite similar to the other work visa applications. The application form is to be filled out online. Applicants are required to fill out all the details mentioned on the application form and if any false information is entered, their application will be rejected and the visa processing fee will not be refunded. After entering your details in the application form, you are required to pay the visa application fee and upload the required documents such as your latest passport-size photo and scanned copy of biometrics (fingerprints). Follow the below-given instructions to apply for an HPI visa.
- Visit the website of the HPI visa at https://www.gov.uk/high-potential-individual-visa/.
- On the webpage, look for the Apply Now option and click on it.
- Fill out the application process by entering all the information.
- After you’ve entered the details, make sure to cross-check, in case you’ve entered any wrong information.
- The next step is to pay the visa application fee, which is £252 (INR 25.8K).
- Upload all the necessary documents in the required format.
- After the documents are uploaded successfully, submit your visa application form and you’ll receive a confirmation message.
The time period for the approval of the HPI visa varies for applicants applying from the UK and outside the UK. for candidates who are applying from the UK, their visa approval may take around 8 weeks. Applicants applying from outside the UK will receive their visa approval in about 3 weeks.
Also Read – How to Apply for Visa?
While filling out the HPI visa application, applicants are required to provide a set of documents in PDF format. Here’s a list of all the documents required for an HPI visa.
- A valid passport or another international travel document highlighting your identity and nationality.
- Proof of English proficiency score in any following tests; IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, etc.
- The statement provided to you by Ecctis while verifying your qualifications.
- Applicant’s biometric residence permit (BRP)
- Candidates who are switching from another visa are required to show online proof of their immigration status.
- If you are bringing your partner or children with you, then you must provide proof of your relationship with them.
*Note – If any candidate is not having their documents in English or Welsh, you need to provide a certified translation.
Eligibility Criteria for an HPI Visa
The British government initiated the HPI visa program on 30th May 2022 with the objective of providing organisations and employees in the UK with a larger number of talented employees. To successfully apply for an HPI Visa, it’s very important that you fully understand what are the eligibility criteria required for this UK visa. The eligibility criteria include educational qualifications, language proficiency, and visa financial requirements. The table below highlights all these requirements.
|Educational Qualification||Candidates are required to complete their bachelor’s degree from any top university in the world, with not more than last 5 years. Candidates must not have any backlogs in the bachelor’s.|
|Language Proficiency||Language proficiency determines that you have a proper hold over the English language. Candidates are required to appear for any English proficiency test, such as IELTS, PTE, Duoling, etc. and must have scored a minimum of 60%.|
|Visa Financial Requirements||Candidates must ensure that they are financially strong to support their expenses for staying in the UK while they are unemployed. Candidates are required to have a minimum cash of £1270 (INR 1.3 lacs) while completing their application. This money must have been there in the applicant’s account for the past 28 days.|
Also Read – Types of UK Visa for India Students
Benefits of an HPI Visa
- The High Potential Individual Visa brings with it numerous benefits which you can avail. Here’s a list of all the benefits which you can enjoy on an HPI visa.
- You will be eligible for jobs in most organizations as a skilled employee.
- You will have the option of becoming self-employed.
- You can live in the UK for a minimum of 2 years with your partner and children if they also fulfil the requirements.
- You can travel to another country and return back to the UK.
- The employment laws in the UK are transparent and fail for both the employer and employee, which will make your job search quite easy.