The interview process for US student visa applications is the last step of the application process. At the time of the interview, the candidates are expected to carry all the required documents to get a student visa. There may be times when the immigration officers may not be convinced by the given documents therefore, the students need to know the correct list of US student visa documents. Go through the below article to learn about the US student visa documents.
US Student Visa Interview Process – Overview
After receiving the acceptance letter from the college or university in the US they will receive an I-20 form to start the visa application process. In the interview, the candidates will be asked about their intent to visit academic background, US, financial capability, etc.
List of US Student Visa Documents
The most important part of the application process is to submit the correct documents. Students planning to apply for a US student visa must know the required documents. Check them mentioned below:
Mandatory Documents Required for US Student Visa
- A printout of the DS-160 Confirmation Barcode
- An original I-20 form, approved and signed by the candidate and the University authority
- Fee Receipt of SEVIS
- Applicant’s copy of fee receipt of original, valid Axis or CitiBank VISA
- A valid Passport
- A copy of the appointment letter of the interview
- A Certificate of birth of the applicant
Academic Documents Required for US Student Visa
- Degree certificates of Bachelors or Masters or Provisional Degree Certificates (Original)
- Mark sheets of 10th and 12th standard, and graduation (Original)
- Provisional mark sheet for any pending results (if any)
- Diploma mark sheets, original diploma transcripts (sealed and stamped), and diploma certificate (Original)
- Certificates of Extracurricular Activity (Original)
- Certificates showing professional courses/examinations done (Original)
- Scholarship certificates/awards (if any) (Original)
- Copies of your research work/project
- Relevant test scores, for exams such as GRE, GMAT, TOEFL SAT, or LSAT in Original.
- Bonafide certificate from college (in case the degree is not received )
- An updated resume
Financial Documents Required for US Student Visa
- A C.A. statement which is authentic and original showing a summary of fixed and liquid assets dated 4-5 days before the date of the visa interview date.
- The candidates should have enough proof of liquid assets sufficient to pay for the first year of education and living expenses along with proof of readily available funds to cover the remaining year(s) of studies, dated 3-4 days before the date of visa interview.
- Income tax papers of Sponsor(s) for the last three years from visa interview date (Original)
- Proof of income of sponsor(s) like salary certificates or payslips for the past six months from visa interview date, appointment letter, (Original)
- Affidavit of Support from Sponsor/s dated 4-5 days before the date of the visa interview. (Original)
- Documents are required for every item stated in the C.A. statement as proof. (Original)
- Bank statements of Sponsor(s) for the past six months (savings account) OR Passbook/s of sponsor/s (savings account) dated 4-5 days before the date of the visa interview. (Original)
- Proof of income of sponsor(s) like payslips/salary certificates for the past six months appointment letter, from visa interview date (All original)
- Balance sheet of business of last three years from visa interview date (Original)
- Proof of all liquid assets declared in the C.A. Statement including shares, fixed deposits, PPF, investments and so on (Original)
- Proof showing the amount that can be withdrawn against various liquid assets like LIC Policy, shares, Provident fund etc. (redeemable value), Original)
- Valuation Certificate(s) from Chartered Engineer for every property declared in the C.A. statement (Original)
- Letters regarding Fixed Deposits, PPF, Provident funds, mutual funds, shares, etc proving that they are liquid and can be redeemed before the maturity date. (Original)
- agreement of sale, Proof of Ownership, and share certificate for all fixed assets declared in the C.A. statement. (Original)
Documents Required for Admission or Rejection
- All rejection and acceptance letters from universities applied to in original form
- All financial aid and scholarship grant documents received from universities applied (original)
- Copies of any correspondence emails from any professors of the university to which you are going to
- Complete the application packet of the university to which you are going such as SOP, technical documents, Recommendation letters, Resume, Financial documents, and other documents which you had sent to the University.
- Admit card from the university you have been admitted to. (Original)
- Financial Aid Offer Letter from the university to which you are going. (Original)
- Any advance payment Receipt made to the university.
Work Experience Documents Required for US Student Visa
- Resume showing professional accomplishments
- Working professionals will required to provide their original documents like Recommendations from employers, Pay-slips/salary certificates for the last six months, work experience letters, IT Returns for the last 3 years, appointment letters
- Documents showing work accomplished (Original)
Biometric Documents Required for US Student Visa
- A valid passport
- Confirmation page of DS-160
- Confirmation page of Appointment
- Fee Receipt of Visa application
- A photograph is required by applicants who are below fourteen years of age
Usually, after 10 business days of the interview, the candidates are issued a US visa.
The different types are mentioned below:
Work Experience Documents
The candidates can check the status of their passports after the interview through US passport tracking or CEAC visa status checks.
There is no minimum fixed balance limit, but you should have at least 10,000 USD or 833,120 INR in your bank account which should be reflected in the statement for the last 6- 9 months.
We hope you know the list of documents required for a US student visa, the different types of documents, etc. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!