The availability of part-time work options and the student-friendly immigration policies in existence are two major benefits for international students seeking higher education in Cork, which is concurrently the second-largest city in Ireland. The Irish Student Visa regulations governing part-time employment should be known by Indian students who want to attend one of the country’s best universities. For detailed information about part-time jobs in Cork read this complete article.
|Part-time working hours||20 hours per week|
|Part-time income per hour||€13.50 per hour|
|Part-time income monthly||€2,100 per month|
This Blog Includes:
Benefits of Doing Part-Time Jobs in Cork
There are several benefits to doing part-time jobs in Cork. Hence, lets look at a few reasons mentioned below:
- International students might benefit from doing part-time jobs in Cork in a number of ways. First of all, you will be able to pay for a portion of your monthly living expenses, which include rent or housing, food, groceries, transportation, and entertainment.
- Having a part-time job in Cork can enhance your CV or resume by demonstrating to potential employers your ability to work diligently and adapt to various work settings.
- Working part-time jobs in Cork, you will also learn skills like teamwork, communication, and decision-making. Hence, opting for a part-time job is always recommended.
Rules and Regulations for Part-Time Jobs in Cork
Before taking on part-time jobs in Cork, you should be aware of the applicable rules and regulations:
- You must have the right to work a part-time job and must also be eligible to apply for any urgent or sick leave, the same as full-time jobs.
- Students are eligible to work up to 20 hours a week.
- Furthermore, the required skills and remuneration may vary depending on the type of job and position offered.
- During regular days, students are eligible to work part-time, and on holidays and breaks, they are eligible to work full-time.
List of Part-Time Jobs in Cork
There are a lot of part-time job opportunities in Cork that students can explore as well as earn a competitive salary.
|Job Positions||Average Salary|
|Typist||€20 – €22 per hour|
|Healthcare Assistants||€13.20 – 15.18 per hour|
|Administrative Assistance||€12 – €15 per hour|
|Retail Associate||€12 – €15 per hour|
|Accounting Associate||€11 – €14 per hour|
|Part-Time Sales Assistant||€11.60- €15.60 per hour|
|Hotel Receptionist||€12 – €15 per hour|
|Call Center Agent||€11 – €14 per hour|
|Tutor||€12 – €15 per hour|
|Delivery Driver||€11 – €14 per hour|
|Social Media Manager||€12 – €15 per hour|
|Teacher’s Assistant||€15 – €18 per hour|
Eligibility Requirements for Working Part-Time Jobs
The eligibility requirements for part-time jobs in Cork can vary depending on the type of position. Therefore, here we have given a general eligibility requirement for part-time jobs in Cork:
- The student must be at least 16 years old.
- A student must have a valid right to work and study in Cork, Ireland.
- The student must have the necessary skills and experience for the job.
Top Companies Offering Part-Time Job Opportunities
Here is a list of the top companies that hire students for part-time jobs in Cork:
- Morgan McKinley
- JD Sports Fashion
- Boston Scientific
- Radisson Blu Hotel Cork
- The Montenotte Hotel
- MK Electrical limited
- Apex Global Resources
- Cork International Hotel
Must Read: Part-Time Jobs in London
In Cork, part-time or informal employment for up to 20 hours per week is permitted for international students studying there. International students must comply with this requirement. However, during their breaks and holidays, they are only permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per week.
Irish employment rules, tax legislation, and tax duties must all be followed. Although it’s not necessary, previous work experience will definitely increase your chances of landing a part-time job in Ireland. Ireland’s minimum wage for part-time labour is between €12 and €14 per hour in places like Dublin and Cork.
During the regular college days, Indian students are permitted to work up to 20 hours per week part-time, and during the holidays, up to 40 hours per week. When it comes to living abroad and personal finances, part-time work offers numerous benefits.
This was all about part-time Jobs in Cork. If you want to read more information on Part-time Jobs in various cities and countries follow our page on Leverage Edu.
You might also like to read: