A 4-year education that teaches you about the pharmacy industry is called a Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm). Pharmacists are essential to the development and improvement of pharmaceuticals. They guarantee that drugs are effective and safe. Jobs at pharmacies are in high demand and pay well. Following a BPharm, you have a variety of career options, including clinical pharmacy, industrial jobs, and regulatory roles.
Pursuing a degree in BPharma Abroad will open a door for students to start their career journey according to their area of interest. Some of the best countries, like the UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom, offer a wide range of career options after BPharma.
This Blog Includes:
- Benefits of Pursuing BPharm in Abroad
- Career Opportunities after BPharm Abroad
- Leading Countries & Universities to Pursue BPharm
- Eligibility Requirements for Pursuing BPharma Abroad
- Skills Acquired After B Pharmacy
- Top Recruiters For B.Pharmacy Graduates
|Job opportunities||Pharmaceutical Outside Sales Representative, Research Scientist, Pharmacy Manager, Biotechnology Consultant and many more|
|Average Starting Salary||$40,000 – $80,000|
|Employment Areas||Research and Development, Research labs, Pharmaceutical Industry and wholesalers and many more|
Benefits of Pursuing BPharm in Abroad
There are several benefits to pursuing BPharma Abroad; here we have mentioned a few of them:
- International students with B Pharma degrees from foreign universities are given favourable consideration. This is a result of the high calibre of instruction provided in the field by institutions. You will learn valuable skills that will enable you to play a vital role in the healthcare system. You will learn how to provide medication for various illnesses.
- For international B Pharmacy graduates, there are stable work prospects. It assists in gaining a broader understanding of various international practices in the sector. It also creates new possibilities for both the personal and professional spheres.
- In comparison to their contemporaries, BPharm. graduates earn a very high average pay in Abroad. Taking the course to study abroad is the greatest option. Some foreign universities assist students with their applications for permanent residence.
Check the brief information about How to Become a Personal Support Worker in Canada.
Career Opportunities after BPharm Abroad
One of the few degrees that offers students a range of post-graduate options is the B Pharm. Despite being primarily advantageous, this can occasionally be unclear. You should empower yourself with as much knowledge on all of your post-B. Pharm. options as you can in order to prevent this uncertainty. You’ll be better able to see your career path thanks to this.
Most Popular Job Options After BPharm
There are several career options after BPharm. that you can explore and earn a competitive salary. Here is a list of some of the best career options after BPharm.
Clinical Research Associate: The pharmaceutical sector depends heavily on clinical research. A clinical research associate’s career is therefore essential to the cause. They play a significant role in the clinical research process. Associates in clinical research take part in all phases of the study process, including formulation, testing, development, experimentation, reporting, and documentation. They collaborate with the scientists conducting the research.
|Average Starting Salary||$60,000 – $80,000|
Sales and Marketing Representatives: This position is comparable to an MR, however, some organisations demand that MRs have a management degree. Additionally, the sales of the drugs produced by their organisation are the responsibility of the sales and marketing team. They do more than just market, though; they also take orders. To order medications, they communicate with doctors, hospital and clinic staff, pharmacists, and other parties. They need to make sure that sales are high and that medications are administered promptly. The success of a pharmaceutical company depends on having competent sales and marketing executives.
|Average Starting Salary||$40,000 – $60,000|
Hospital Pharmacist: The hospital pharmacist is responsible for delivering pharmaceuticals in a hospital setting, similar to how the community pharmacist does. They are in charge of running the hospital’s internal pharmacy and delivering drugs to nurses in accordance with doctor’s directions. They are in charge of managing inventories, monitoring medications, keeping track of prescriptions, replenishing drug inventories, managing other employees in the pharmacy, and creating reports for hospital management. A responsible job description like this one.
|Average Starting Salary||$80,000 – $100,000|
Read about How to Become a Health Educator
Drug Inspector: The job of the drug inspector starts whenever a medication is authorised for widespread use. They are in charge of making sure that pharmaceuticals are correctly prepared and packaged. They are responsible for the calibre of the product and the packaging. The quality and effectiveness of the drug’s manufacturing must also be routinely inspected. Drug inspectors work at pharmaceutical manufacturing plants and are very important.
|Average Starting Salary||$50,000 – $70,000|
Chemical/Drug Technicians: The typical workplace of a chemical Lab technician is a laboratory or manufacturing facility where they conduct experiments and evaluate chemical substances and data. These professionals help the engineers with a variety of chemical processes and tests. Additionally, they are responsible for creating reports on the experiments carried out as well as assuring the appropriate operation and troubleshooting of lab equipment. To be a competent drug technician, you must have excellent analytical and observational abilities.
|Average Starting Salary||$40,000 – $50,000|
Medical Representative: Medical representatives (MRs), who work for pharmaceutical companies, communicate with doctors to inform them about recently released medications. They perform similar duties as marketing directors for a company’s goods. Because MRs are the ones that drive sales of manufactured medications, this is a crucial position. They must be completely knowledgeable about all the drugs that their company produces.
|Average Starting Salary||$50,000 – $70,000|
Click to know about Medical Courses in Canada After 12th
Business Prospects After BPharm
One of the main advantages of a B. Pharm. is that it is one of the few bachelor’s degrees that prepares students to start their own business. The majority of B. Pharm students pursue three main businesses: running a pharmacy, working as a wholesale supplier of pharmaceuticals, and starting a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- Open a Pharmacy: After completing BPharm, this is a great income option to be involved in buying medicine from pharmaceutical companies and selling it to retail medical stores and hospitals.
- Start a medicine manufacturing firm: This is a more capital-intensive business venture, but it can also be rewarding. You can start a manufacturing company that manufactures generic or branded medicines.
- Start a pharmacy clinic: This is the type of clinic where you can provide pharmaceutical care to patients. You can also offer other services, such as health counselling and vaccinations.
Higher Education After BPharm
After completion of their BPharma, students can also continue their further education for growth and a high salary. Here are a few of the popular degrees students can opt for after their BPharma program:
- M.pharma or master of pharmacy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmacy Practices and Drug Store Management
- Pharmaceutical Management MBA
- Pharm.D or doctor of pharmacy
- PG Diploma – Clinical Trial Management
- Diploma – Clinical Research
- Master of Science (MSC in Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
- Diploma – Drugstore Management
Also check Is there an MBBS in Canada?
Leading Countries & Universities to Pursue BPharm
Here is a list of some leading universities in their countries that are offering BPharma degrees abroad:
|Harvard University||United States|
|University of Nottingham||United Kingdom|
|University of Auckland.||New Zealand|
|University College Dublin||Ireland|
|University of Toronto||Canada|
|John Hopkins University||United States|
Eligibility Requirements for Pursuing BPharma Abroad
Students who finished their 10+2 graduation with a mix of maths, chemistry, physics, or chemistry, physics, and biology are eligible for the BPharm degree. Additionally, different institutions will call for students to achieve a minimum grade in each of the three needed subjects. Only those who have succeeded in the aforementioned subjects will be eligible for pharmaceutical employment with the highest salaries.
Skills Acquired After B Pharmacy
A student of B Pharmacy can acquire a lot of skills. These are as follows:
- Medicinal and scientific research skills
- Communication skills and Interpersonal skills
- Curiosity and Persuasive skills
- Science wizard and technical skills
- Business skills like marketing, organizing
- Therapeutic and counseling skills
- Medical writing and ethics
- Adaptation ability to dynamic situations
- Determinant and consistency skills
Top Recruiters For B.Pharmacy Graduates
Some of the top recruiters for B. Pharmacy graduates are as follows. Interested students can apply for jobs in these companies.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Aurobindo Pharma
- Cadila Healthcare
Here are the leading countries where you can pursue B Pharm courses:
United Kingdom (UK)
After earning their B Pharmacy degree, students who want to continue their education in pharmacy can enrol in the Master of Pharmacy (M Pharm) program.
Ans. Pharmacy degree holders can also find employment in the commercial or public sector as pharmacists, drug inspectors, food inspectors, medical underwriters, or even operate a pharmacy thanks to a variety of profitable Pharmacy career opportunities.
The highest package after B Pharmacy in India is up to INR 4.30 lakh. In the USA, the salary of a pharmacist is approximately $117,000 per year.
This was all the information about the best career options after BPharm. If you are also looking to pursue a career in Bachelor of Pharmacy and looking for the best country for your admission, contact Leverage Edu at 1800 57 2000.