B.Com Information Technology is a three-year undergraduate degree programme that focuses on computer technology, computer science, and its application in the commercial domain to the graduation level, among other things. The course’s main goal is to train students in both theoretical and practical aspects of various domains such as software development, software testing, software engineering, and so on. Graduates of the B.Com Information Technology programme can find work in various settings, including banks, IT firms, tax departments, and many others. BCom IT graduates are also preferred in almost every workplace, including the private and public sectors.
|Full-form||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Type of Course||Graduation|
|Eligibility||50% aggregate weightage in 10+2 level exams|
|Course Duration||3 years|
|Average Fees||INR 25,000- INR 1,00,000 per annum|
|Jobs Offered||Graphic Designer, Hardware & Network Expert, Information Architect, Computer Support Specialist, Information Security Coordinator, System Analyst, etc|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Indian Railways, Internet Technologies, Atomic Energy Commission, Bharat Electronics & Communication Limited, All India Radio|
This Blog Includes:
BCom IT: Course Overview
According to Wikipedia, information technology is “The use of computers to store, retrieve, or store data or information. In contrast to personal or entertainment technologies, IT is typically used in the context of business operations. As a result, IT is regarded as a subset of information and communications.”
The three-year B.Com Information Technology programme is divided into six semesters. The course’s key topics include business management, information technology, IT architecture, macroeconomics, and many others. The course has many job opportunities in almost every industry, including the private and public sectors. Accounting, information technology, economics, and taxation are among the job responsibilities of the course. The course emphasises B.Com as the primary parent course, and thus emphasises commerce and business studies as a direct stream.
B.Com IT graduates must have certain skills to succeed in their professional careers and advance in their fields. The skill sets possessed by graduates will assist them in academics, capturing a well-paying career, and evolving as the best working professional in their job profile. B.Com Information Technology graduates must have the following skills:
- Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Research Skills
- Creativity Skills
In order to be admitted to the B.Com IT course in India, aspirants must have fulfilled the given criteria:
- The aspirants should have completed their undergraduate degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from any recognised board or university in any relevant discipline.
- In addition to the essential criteria, students must have passed the standard entrance examination with good grades from any reputable institute in order to be admitted to B.Com Information Technology.
- There are no age restrictions for enrolling in the B.Com Information Technology programme.
BCom IT: Entrance Exams
There are numerous entrance exams in which students can apply for a B.Com Information Technology degree. The following are some of the most important entrance exams for the B.Com Information Technology programme:
The admission process to secure admission to the BCom IT course is given below:
- Candidates are chosen for admission based on merit or through an entrance examination.
- Students are eligible for the entrance examination based on their 10+2 grade point average, which should be greater than 50%.
- In the case of entrance exams, students must apply to take them before filling out the admission form for the respective college.
- Following the completion of the entrance exam procedure, a merit list is released of those who will be called for counselling or admission by the relevant college or university.
- The final allotment of seats occurs after the counselling of selected students is completed.
- To apply for the course, other candidates must go to the college website and fill out an application form.
The admission procedure that a student must follow in order to gain admission to any foreign college is outlined below:
- Create a personal statement that explains your interest in the subject.
- A teacher provided a school reference (LOR).
- Submit a Preliminary Application Online
- Complete the University’s Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ).
- Submit academic transcripts in accordance with the course requirements.
- Most applicants must complete a subject-specific written admission examination prior to or during the interview.
- At the time of the interview, a reasonable level of spoken English is required.
Top Colleges and Fees
Here is a list of colleges that you can apply to pursue a degree in BCom IT. The list has both Indian colleges and International Universities that you can target. Check them out:
|Name of college||Average annual fees|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University||INR 8000|
|Delhi College of Arts and Commerce||INR 8,500|
|Kaamadhenu Arts and Science College||INR 8,100|
|Karpagam Academy of Higher Education – KAHE||INR 18,550|
|Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar College||INR 10,816|
|SRS Information Technology Institute||—|
|Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College||INR 26,965|
|AJK College of Arts and Science||INR 16,500|
|Insoft Institute of IT and Management||INR 18,710|
|Karim City College||INR 2,233|
|Bharathidasan College of Arts and Science||INR 5,500|
|QS World Rankings 2023||College Name||Location||Fee in INR|
|5||Harvard University||United States||35,54,730|
|3||Stanford University||United States||13,32,500|
|56||London School of Economics and Political Science||United Kingdom||19,62,800|
|4||University of Oxford||United Kingdom||33,27,800|
BCom IT: Syllabus
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year|
|Business Management||Management Information system||E-Commerce|
|Economics||System analysis and design||System development|
|Financial Accounting||Auditing tools||Applications of IT|
|Information Technology||IT Architecture||Workforce Management|
|Advanced Business Statistics||Business Laws||Marketing strategy|
|Management Accounting||Control of Financial Information system||Commercial programming|
|Communicative English||Macroeconomics||Evidence-based Management|
Jobs and Salary
Graduates of this course can pursue careers in a variety of fields, including:
- Financial Information Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Assistant Auditor
- Probationary officer
- Hardware & Network Expert
- Information Security Coordinator
- Online Editor
A B.com Information Technology professional’s annual salary is estimated to be around INR 4,00,000.
|Job Profile||Average salary in INR per annum|
|Graphic Designer||3,00,000 INR|
|System Analyst||6,50,000 INR|
|Computer Support Specialist||3,00,000 INR|
|Strategic Information Planner||10,00,000 INR|
|Information Architect||18,00,000 INR|
Want to study abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Leverage Finance help you.
The B.Com Information Technology course has numerous applications both in India and abroad. Graduates interested in expanding their knowledge of information and technology can pursue an M.Com Information Technology degree in India. Following a B.Com in Information Technology, some options for further education include
Also Read: Bachelor’s of Information Technology
Preparation Tips for BCom IT
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the BCom IT course:
- Time Management: One of the most effective remedies for helping students perform better in exams is effective time management. Students should create a timetable at least a week before the exam and stick to it if they want to do well in exams.
- Detailed Understanding of the Exam Structure: While preparing for the exams, graduates should thoroughly understand the exam pattern and test structure to gain a clear understanding of the exam patterns and develop a time-bound exam preparation strategy.
- Make a Month-By-Month Preparation Plan: After reviewing the course syllabus for the examination they are preparing for, students can create a timetable or daily routine.
This course covers topics such as business management, software testing, economics, financial accounting, and software engineering and development.
B.COM with Computer salaries in India range from 0.2 Lakhs to 7.5 Lakhs per year, with an average annual salary of 2.2 Lakhs.
One of the main reasons why so many students choose B.Com. is that it is one of the most affordable graduate courses that also offer good career opportunities. It is an excellent value-for-money degree programme. Most B.Com. degree courses now cost between INR 10,000 and INR 50,000.
This was everything you need to know about the BCom IT course. If you’re planning to study abroad, contact our Leverage Edu experts and book your 30-minute free counselling session at 1800 57 2000.