King’s College London Masters faculty holds a distinction in providing top-notch higher educational services amongst highly recognised global universities. The UK university was established back in 1892 under the reign of King George IV by Arthur Wellesley. Since then, it is holding its educational ground to offer distinctive online and regular postgraduate courses in disciplines like Arts and Humanities, Science, Law, and Business to name a few.
Given the fact that King’s College London (KCL) is ranked 4th in the list of top universities in the UK, there are more than 40% of international students currently enrolled in the institution for higher education. Therefore, let’s explore the article to find out more about King’s College London Masters courses and its application process, along with other relevant information worth noting.
|Name of University||King’s College London (KCL)|
|Year of Establishment||1829|
|Type of Institution||Public University|
|Ranking 2023||THE (Times Higher Education) Ranking: #35
QS Global University Ranking: #37
The Complete University Guide (UK) Ranking: #22
|Acceptance Rate||13 to 15%|
|Total Masters Courses||250+|
|Type of PG Programmes||Postgraduate Research/Taught/Online|
This Blog Includes:
- King’s College London Masters Course Duration and Fees
- Masters Faculties at King’s College London
- King’s College London Masters Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply to King’s College London for Masters Programme?
- King’s College London Masters Acceptance Rate
King’s College London Masters Course Duration and Fees
There are more than 200 master’s degree specialisations to choose from while applying for a King’s College London Master. The data tabulated below highlights the major degrees and their average annual fees to note before moving ahead with the university admissions.
|Masters Courses||Duration||Average Annual Tuition Fees|
|MA (50+ Courses)||2 to 4 years||INR 19.42 to 28.85 Lakhs|
|MS (45+ Courses)||1 to 3 years||INR 23.11 to 38.56 Lakhs|
|Other PG (35+ Courses)||1 to 4 years||INR 22.62 to 43 Lakhs|
|M.Phill (30+ Courses)||1 to 3 years||INR 22.62 to 27.88 Lakhs|
|MIM (20+ Courses)||1 to 3 years||INR 24.26 to 38.96 Lakhs|
|LLM (10+ Courses)||1 to 4 years||INR 25.56 Lakhs to 2.98 Crore|
|MSN (8 Courses)||1 to 3 years||INR 21.5 to 32.33 Lakhs|
|PGDM (7 Courses)||6 months to 1 year||INR 13.18 to 30.96 Lakhs|
|PG Certificate (6 Courses)||37 weeks to 1 year||INR 8 to 20.48 Lakhs|
|M.Pharm (1 Course)||4 years||INR 29.72 Lakhs|
|M.Pharma (1 Course)||1 year||INR 32.14 Lakhs|
|MPH (1 Course)||1 year||INR 28.85 Lakhs|
Masters Faculties at King’s College London
The KCL master faculties are available for a wide range of courses and disciplines. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for a postgraduate course or research programme at the university, then you may move ahead with any of the following streams:
- Arts and Humanities
- Nursing, Midwifery, and Palliative Care
- Life Sciences and Medicine
- Psychiatry, Psychology, and Neuroscience
- Natural, Mathematical and Engineering Sciences
- Dentistry, Oral, and Craniofacial Sciences
- Social Sciences and Public Policy
King’s College London Masters Eligibility Criteria
Once you have decided as to which stream you want to apply for, make sure to check and fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the institution for the desired course of study. Although the criteria will be distinctive from course to course, you must fulfil the set academic and language proficiency score requirements before application.
Academic Eligibility Criteria
The common academic eligibility criteria for a King’s College London master are as follows:
- A UG qualification certificate from a recognised university with a minimum stated qualification marks described on the university’s website as per the desired course’s requirements.
- A school leaving certificate from a recognised board (by the Government of India) like CBSE/ICSE/State Board, etc.
Eligibility Criteria Based on English Language Proficiency Test
Since English is the major language of education in London, students need to appear for an English language proficiency test as a means of admission to KCL.
|Proficiency Test||Minimum Score|
|PTE||Overall: 75 score
Communication Skill: 69 score
|IELTS||Overall: 7.5 score band
Other Skill: 7.0 score band
|TOEFL||Overall: 109 score
Writing Section: 27 score
Other Sections: 25 each
How to Apply to King’s College London for Masters Programme?
Here are some simple steps that you may follow while proceeding with your King’s College London application process for postgraduation:
- Step 1: Check the whole list of masters courses available at the website https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study-at-kings/postgraduate-course-a-z-list
- Step 2: Browse your desired master’s courses on the official KCL website and make your choice.
- Step 3: Read the course guidelines related to eligibility that must be followed before application.
- Step 4: Browse the specified tuition fees and if there is an availability of any funding or scholarships from the university.
- Step 5: Check if the online application form is available or not. If yes, then complete the master’s application form on the official portal by attaching the required academic documents, proficiency test score, and two academic references.
- Step 6: Do not forget to keep track of your application after submission.
King’s College London Masters Acceptance Rate
The King’s College acceptance rate for Masters differs from the specialisation applied for. However, it is important to note that the overall acceptance rate for the university’s PG courses is 13 to 15%. This value is as per the previous intake ratio of the college.
Must Read: King’s College London Acceptance Rate
King’s College London is ranked 4th in the list of top universities in the UK. While the university stands tall at #37 in the QS World University Ranking 2023 list.
Yes, a Master’s degree in any department from King’s College London holds great value. Given the prestigious position in the list of QS Global Universities 2023 of #37, this public university of the UK is highly coveted universities in the world for its postgraduate courses.
On average, the acceptance rate of King’s College London for international students is 13 to 15%.
During the course of time, King’s College London has produced countless notable alumni like-
Dev Pragad: CEO of Newsweek Group, Sir Kier Starmer: QC MP, Leader of the Labour Party, and Margo Marrone: Founder of the Organic Pharmacy, to name a few.
The King’s College London is located in the prime location of the city at Strand, London WC2R 2LS, United Kingdom.
Hopefully, this informative blog on King’s College London Masters has inspired you to apply for the university’s upcoming intake. But if you are clueless about how to start your study abroad journey, our Leverage Edu experts are here to assist you. They will help you in picking the best course and university and sort out the admission process to ensure that you send a winning application! Call us at 1800572000 for a free session with us today!