A dependent visa is also known as a spouse visa or a couple visa. This visa allows dependent members of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, or citizens of New Zealand to live and work in Australia. The members include spouses, children, or other members. To be eligible for a dependent visa in Australia, the applicants must meet the requirements such as they will have to provide proof of relationship, meeting health and character requirements, and also should not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government. To know more about this type of visa the applicants must check the below article.
This Blog Includes:
Check About Australian Spouse Visa Processing Time 2023: Fee
What is Dependent Visa Australia?
This visa allows an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, or a New Zealand citizen to stay in Australia temporarily as a de facto partner or spouse. While applying for this visa the applicant must be in a good relationship with their partner or spouse. This visa will lead to a permanent partner visa. The candidates must be outside Australia while applying for this visa.
Categories of Dependent Visa Australia
Check below what are the different categories of dependent visas in Australia:
- Partner Visa
- Partner Visa (Subclass 820/801)
- Partner Visa (Subclass 309/100)
- Child Visa
- Child Visa (Subclass 101)
- Adoption Visa (Subclass 102)
- Parent Visa
- Parent Visa (Subclass 103)
- Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)
- Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 864/884)
- Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804)
- Other Types
- Career Visa (Subclass 836/116)
- Remaining Relative Visa (Subclass 835/115)
- Orphan Relative Visa (Subclass 837/117)
Application Process of Dependent Visa Australia
Check below how to apply for a dependent visa in Australia:
- Firstly, the candidates must ensure that they satisfy all the eligibility requirements. If not then their visa application might get rejected.
- Gather all the required documents in digital format.
- Before applying the candidates must create an Account for the application process
- After this, the candidates can apply for the visa application online through the Australian Department of Home Affairs website.
- Lastly, the candidates can apply and submit their application and wait for the response.
Advantages of Dependent Visa Australia
Applicants can check the advantages of a dependent visa in Australia given below:
- Work in Australia
- Study in Australia
- Travel in and out of Australia several times
- Can attend an unlimited number of hours of English classes, in place of only 510 hours
- Individuals can also make use of Australia’s public healthcare scheme and Medicare
- Family members including dependent children are also included in the application and their visas will also be approved provided their health and character requirements are fulfilled
Candidates can also check the Australian Student Visa Checklist: Eligibility & Application
Dependent Visa Australia Document Requirements
To apply for the Australia visa the candidates require some important documents. Check them listed below:
- Self Identity proof and also proof of relationship with the sponsoring member of the family
- Valid passport or travel document
- Proof of financial support
- Medical Examination and health insurance
- Police clearance certificate
- Proof of English language proficiency
Eligibility Requirements for Dependent Visa Australia
Check below the requirements to be eligible for a dependent visa in Australia:
- Should be a dependent family member of the Australian visa holder
- The Australian family member must sponsor the applicant
- Must meet the health and character requirements
- The applicant should not owe any debts to the Australian government
Check below the basic eligibility requirements for a partner visa. The applicant should be the spouse or partner of an
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Eligible New Zealand citizen
Cost of Dependent Visa Australia
The cost of a this visa in Australia ranges from AUD 1870 to AUD 48 365. This depends on the type of visa such as:
|Partner Visa (Subclass 820)
|Partner (Provisional) (Subclass 309)
|Child Visa (Subclass 101
|Adoption Visa (Subclass 102
|Parent Visa (Subclass 103)
|Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)
|Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 864/ 884)
|Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804)
|Carer Visa (Subclass 836/ 116)
|Remaining Relative Visa (Subclass 835/115)
|Orphan Relative Visa (Subclass 837/117)
Students can also check Jobs in Australia for Indians [2023 Detailed Guide]
Yes, a spouse of an Australian citizen or permanent resident can work with a dependent visa.
Yes, the candidates can apply to extend their dependent visa if they meet all the eligibility requirements. However, the process of extension depends on the type of visa.
Is there a limit on the number of applicants that can be included in the visa application?
We hope you now understand about dependent visa Australia, the application process, documents required, cost, etc. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!