The Government of Maharashtra offers ample scholarships to underprivileged deserving students so that they do not face any difficulty in achieving higher education. Many students in India are unaware of how to get a scholarship to study abroad, and many deserving students miss out on studying at some of the prestigious universities across the world.
There are many scholarships offered by the Maharashtra government but the scholarship for students to study abroad is Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship.
|Scholarship||Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship|
|Administered by||Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance, Government of Maharashtra|
|Scholarship Award||Up to 100% tuition fees and exam fees|
This Blog Includes:
Eligibility Criteria for Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship
Students have to check the terms and conditions of the scholarship before applying to see if they are eligible to avail the benefits of this scholarship. The eligibility criteria are discussed in detail below:
- Students from Scheduled Caste or Neo-Buddhist category must be a resident of Maharashtra.
- The annual income of the applicant’s family should not be more than 6 lakhs.
- The age limit is 35 years for PG courses and 40 years for PhD.
- Students who are already studying in the first, second or third year in a foreign institution can also apply for the scholarship. Second and third-year students will not receive a scholarship for the complete period.
- Students should have been admitted to a university with a World University Rank within 300.
- Students who have earlier availed the benefit of this scholarship for their postgraduate courses abroad can also apply again for PhD courses.
- The applicant’s annual family income should not exceed INR 8 lakhs.
- Only the first two children of a family are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Students in part-time, correspondence or distance courses are not eligible to apply.
- For candidates interested in pursuing medical courses, the foreign university should be approved by the Indian Council of Life Sciences.
How to Apply for Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship
Candidates interested in availing the benefits of this scholarship and using the benefits offered can follow the steps below to apply for the
Students can follow the steps mentioned below and apply for the scholarship to study abroad:
- Interested candidates need to visit the official website and click on the login page.
- After that, candidates should sign up by clicking New Applicant Registration
- Fill out the registration form on the screen.
- Verify Email ID and phone number.
- Complete the Aadhar authentication process.
- The registration process is complete, and candidates can log in using their newly created username and password.
- Candidates should now fill out the form, submit the required documents and complete the process by clicking ‘Submit’.
- Keep a printout of the completed form for your records.
Also Read: Scholarships for Undergraduates in USA
The registration process for Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship will only be completed once candidates also provide the necessary documents with the form. Students must submit the following mandatory documents with the application form:
- Caste certificate and Caste Validity Certificate issued by the concerned authority.
- Proof of Income issued by the concerned authority.
- Proof of passing post-graduation degree.
- Unconditional offer letter from the institution with less than 300 QS world ranking.
- Copy of the Prospectus of the University.
- Required agreements and guarantees.
- Letter of Recommendation from two Gazetted officers.
- Estimated year-wise expenditure for the entire course.
- Completed application form.
Benefits of the Scholarship
These are the benefits of the Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship for foreign education:
- Upto 100% of tuition fees and exam fees are covered under this scholarship.
- Candidates pursuing professional courses in government-aided and non-government-aided colleges with an annual income of less than INR 2 Lakhs 50 Thousand will receive 100% tuition fee coverage.
- The candidates who are applying for the professional courses in partially aided/ unaided and permanently unaided colleges with an annual income of less than INR 2 Lakhs 50 Thousand will receive 50% tuition fee coverage.
- The candidates who are applying for professional courses in government-aided and non-government-aided colleges with annual income between INR 2 Lakhs 50 Thousand and INR 8 Lakhs will receive 50% tuition fee coverage.
- Candidates pursuing non-professional courses in government-aided/ Non-government aided/Partially aided/ Unaided/ Permanent Unaided college/ institution with an annual income limit under INR 8 lakhs gets 100% tuition fee coverage.
- An education expenditure allowance of INR 5000 each will also be granted to eligible candidates.
- Books and stationary allowance of INR 5000.
Yes, the Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship is only for students belonging to Schedule Caste or Neo-Buddhist category.
The eligibility criteria for the Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship are discussed in detail in this blog and includes details like age limit, income cap, etc.
Yes, you can apply for the Maharashtra Government Scholarship for study abroad as the age limit is 35 years of age.
In this blog, we have discussed the Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship which is offered by the Maharashtra government for students aiming to study abroad. We hope candidates find this blog useful in applying for this scholarship.
For more such updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu Indian scholarships, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
How many students are selected through this scholarship?
How many students are selected through this scholarship?