Kotak Kanya Scholarship is a scholarship programme by Kotak Mahindra Groups under which the Kotak Education Foundation works for providing benefits and awards to meritorious female students. These scholarships are provided to female students who come from underprivileged backgrounds. The Kotak Kanya Scholarship programme is for students who have passed class 12th and helps them pursue their higher education without any hurdles. The main objective of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to deserving girls and help them study further. It is one of the best Indian scholarships that can be availed by Indian female students. Here is a quick overview that will give you a better understanding of the scholarship programme.
|Name of the Scholarship||Kotak Kanya Scholarship|
|Authority of the Programme||Kotak Mahindra Groups|
|Article Type||Scholarship Programme|
|Reward||Cash Prize Upto INR 1.5 lakh|
This Blog Includes:
The following are the key dates for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023. Every year, the Kotak Education Foundation begins accepting online applications in the first week of August. The application deadline is September 30, 2023.
|Application Start||August 2023|
|Last Date of Application||30th September 2023|
|Result Announcement||November 2023|
|Scholarship Distribution||November 2023|
One of the best Indian scholarships, Kotak Kanya Scholarship is a programme exclusively for girl students. To receive the benefits of this scholarship a student must check the eligibility criteria before applying for it. The list of eligibility criteria is mentioned below, let’s have a look at it one by one:
- Any female student can apply for this scholarship scheme.
- The candidate must have obtained an 85 percentile or a CGPA of at least 85% in their class 12th exam.
- Students from any stream can apply for this scholarship.
- The candidate’s university should be approved/ recognised by the NAAC/NIRF.
- The annual family income of the student should be less than or equal to INR 3,50,000.
- The Kotak Mahindra Group and its affiliated companies do not accept applications from children of employees for this scholarship programme.
To receive the benefits of this scholarship programme a student needs to fill in the application form. The steps to fill in the application form are very easy and simple and the candidate must register themselves to start the form-filling procedure.
- Visit the official website of the Kotak Kanya Scholarship. You will get the details of it on your screen.
- To register for your scholarship programme click on the “Apply” button.
- Now fill in all the details required for the scholarship.
- For the next step log in using your mobile number and email ID.
- As soon as you log in you will be redirected to the scholarship page.
- Start filling in all the details of the scholarship form by clicking on the ‘Start Application’ button.
- The next step is to scan the documents and upload them.
- Once you are done reading the terms and conditions of the scholarship, click on the accept button.
- Finally, submit your form after reviewing it.
- The application form is downloadable and you can keep a copy of it for your future reference.
While filling out the application form you will need certain documents. Make sure you have these documents ready with you before you start filling out the application form for the scholarship:
- Mark sheet of recently qualified examination
- Mark sheet of class 12th examination
- Bonafide Certificate
- Provisional letter of seat allotment from the college
- Fee structure and fee receipt for the current academic year
- Family/ Guardian’s proof of income
- Details of bank account
- Passport-size photograph
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- In the case of single parent/ orphan child, the death certificate of the parent
- Income tax return documents of the parents (if available)
Also Read: Tata Scholarships
The academic merit and financial background of candidates will be used to choose recipients for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2023-24.
The selection process is multi-stage, as detailed below:
- The initial selection of applicants will be based on academic merit and financial standing.
- The top performing (female) students will have to give two interviews.
- The scholarship shall be awarded at the sole discretion of the Kotak Education Foundation.
The scholarship will be active and will last until the girl student’s professional graduation degree or professional courses studied concurrently with graduation completed.
However, in order to renew their scholarships in subsequent years, scholars must meet the following criteria:
- There should be no dropouts (from normal academic sessions).
- There should be no disciplinary concerns.
- Students should receive the cut-off marks for scholarship renewal. The Kotak Education Foundation will determine the requirements.
- The scholarship will be renewed at the sole discretion of the Kotak Education Foundation each year.
Each selected female scholar will receive a scholarship of up to Rs. 1.5 lakh* per year until she completes her professional graduating courses/degrees. The scholarship amount under the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 can only be used to cover academic expenses such as tuition, hostel fees (applicable exclusively to on-campus hostels), internet, laptop, books, and stationery.
Note: Terms & Conditions apply. Scholarship selection and amount are subject to Kotak Education Foundation’s discretion based on eligibility conditions.
Ans. The Kotak Kanya Scholarship is provided by the Kotak Mahindra Groups to academically bright girls so that they can pursue their higher education without any financial hurdles.
Ans. The selected students are awarded INR 1.5 lakh which is subject to various terms and conditions.
Ans. To avail of the benefits of the Kotak Kanya Scholarship Programme you have to check the eligibility criteria that are required for this scholarship programme.
Ans. The Kotak Kanya Scholarship is provided to deserving students every year till the completion of their course.