Kotak Kanya Scholarship is a scholarship programme by Kotak Mahindra Groups under which the Kotak Education Foundation works for providing benefits and awards to meritorious female students. These scholarships are provided to female students who come from underprivileged backgrounds. The Kotak Kanya Scholarship programme is for students who have passed class 12th and helps them pursue their higher education without any hurdles. The main objective of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to deserving girls and help them study further. It is one of the best Indian scholarships that can be availed by Indian female students. Here is a quick overview that will give you a better understanding of the scholarship programme.
|Name of the Scholarship||Kotak Kanya Scholarship|
|Authority of the Programme||Kotak Mahindra Groups|
|Article Type||Scholarship Programme|
|Reward||Cash Prize Upto INR 1.5 lakh|
This Blog Includes:
One of the best Indian scholarships, Kotak Kanya Scholarship is a programme exclusively for girl students. To receive the benefits of this scholarship a student must check the eligibility criteria before applying for it. The list of eligibility criteria is mentioned below, let’s have a look at it one by one:
- Any female student can apply for this scholarship scheme.
- The candidate must have obtained an 85 percentile or a CGPA of at least 85% in their class 12th exam.
- Students from any stream can apply for this scholarship.
- The candidate’s university should be approved/ recognised by the NAAC/NIRF.
- The annual family income of the student should be less than or equal to INR 3,50,000.
- The Kotak Mahindra Group and its affiliated companies do not accept applications from children of employees for this scholarship programme.
Must Read: SOF Girl Child Scholarship Scheme: Eligibility, Registration Process
To receive the benefits of this scholarship programme a student needs to fill in the application form. The steps to fill in the application form are very easy and simple and the candidate must register themselves to start the form-filling procedure.
- Visit the official website of the Kotak Kanya Scholarship. You will get the details of it on your screen.
- To register for your scholarship programme click on the “Apply” button.
- Now fill in all the details required for the scholarship.
- For the next step log in using your mobile number and email ID.
- As soon as you log in you will be redirected to the scholarship page.
- Start filling in all the details of the scholarship form by clicking on the ‘Start Application’ button.
- The next step is to scan the documents and upload them.
- Once you are done reading the terms and conditions of the scholarship, click on the accept button.
- Finally submit your form after reviewing it.
- The application form is downloadable and you can keep a copy of it for your future reference.
While filling out the application form you will need certain documents. Make sure you have these documents ready with you before you start filling out the application form for the scholarship:
- Mark sheet of recently qualified examination
- Mark sheet of class 12th examination
- Letter from the college acknowledging the student as bonafide
- Provisional letter of seat allotment from the college
- Fee structure and fee receipt for the current academic year
- Family/ Guardian’s proof of income
- Details of bank account
- Passport-size photograph
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- In the case of single parent/ orphan child, the death certificate of the parent
- Income tax return documents of the parents (if available)
Also Read: Tata Scholarships
The Kotak Kanya Scholarship is provided by the Kotak Mahindra Groups to academically bright girls so that they can pursue their higher education without any financial hurdles.
The selected students are awarded INR 1.5 lakh which is subject to various terms and conditions.
To avail of the benefits of the Kotak Kanya Scholarship Programme you have to check the eligibility criteria that are required for this scholarship programme.
The Kotak Kanya Scholarship is provided to deserving students every year till the completion of their course.
Stay tuned with our Indian scholarships page for more information related to the various schemes. And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.