L’Oreal India has taken an active initiative for the past few years now in providing financial assistance to young women who desire to build their careers in scientific fields. The scholarship program is aimed towards young females minds who come from a financially weak economic background but aim to make a career in science.
This programme was started in 2003 to motivate young women to pursue science as a career.
|Scholarship||L’Oreal For Young Women In Science Scholarship|
|Administered by||L’Oreal India in partnership with UNESCO for Women in Science|
|Scholarship Award||Upto INR 2.50 lakh|
This Blog Includes:
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship
The L’Oreal India young for women scholarship is granted to the underprivileged women and young girls who are economically weak and are unable to pursue higher education in science.
The candidates who wish to apply for the scholarship have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidates who apply for the scholarship should have passed their class 12th in science stream from India in the academic year 2021-22.
- The women and young girls applying for the scholarship must have scored a minimum of 85% in their PCM / PCB / PCMB in class 12th.
- The annual income of the applicant’s family should be less than INR 6 lakh.
- This scholarship program is only valid for young women and girls who want to pursue a career in science. The candidates must be taking admission to undergraduate bachelor’s programmes in science-related fields in the academic year 2022-2023 only.
- The candidates applying for this programme must keep in mind that students who have a one-year gap after class 12 will not be eligible for the scholarship.
The candidates applying for the scholarship must submit an admission letter from a recognized college or university in India for the final selection process. If the candidate is able to fulfil all the criteria mentioned above, she will be eligible for the scholarship.
Also Read: Tata Scholarships
Application Process for Scholarship
The candidates applying for the L’Oreal For Young Women In Science Scholarship need to register themselves first on the official website of L’Oreal India. A detailed process to apply for the scholarship is given below:
- Candidates need to visit the official website which will then redirect them to the application page.
- The interested candidates can register first by using their Gmail/Facebook account. Once registered, they need to complete a 5 step process to carry out their application process.
- The candidate needs to provide some necessary documents at the time of their application process. The documents are mentioned in detail below.
- Those students whose applications are selected will go through a telephonic interview process which will further determine if they are eligible for the scholarship or not.
- After the telephonic interview a jury round of interviews is conducted. In that round, any one parent/guardian of the candidate would be required to attend the interview via video call.
- Once all is done, the scholarship will be announced within 30 days of completion of the jury round.
Documents Required to Apply for the Scholarship
The candidates who wish to apply for the L’Oreal India young for women scholarship need to have certain documents with them while applying for the scholarship. The documents are mentioned below:
- Self-attested copy of age proof (Aadhar card, birth certificate, passport, voter ID, etc.)
- Self-attested copy of the candidates’ parents’ income
- An income certificate which has to be issued by a governmental body
- Salary slips which have to be issued by a permanent employer
- Income tax returns form (Form 16)
- Class 10th & 12th mark sheets attested by the school authorities
Benefits of the Scholarship
The selected candidates of the L’Oreal India young for women scholarship will be awarded an overall scholarship sum of up to INR 2.50 lakhs for their academic expenses during their graduation.
Apart from this, the students will also be awarded in equal instalments based on the submission of proof against academic promotion with each passing year.
Young girls and women who want to pursue higher education in the science field can apply for the scholarship. The candidates should have their income certificate, proof of identity and address, class 10th and 12th mark sheets and so on. You can read the above blog and learn more about the documents that are required to apply for the scholarship.
The L’Oreal For Young Women In Science Scholarship is available for young girls and women who belong to an economically weak background. Girls who want to pursue their bachelor’s degree in the field of science are eligible for this scholarship.
The candidates who wish to apply for the scholarship need to register themselves online through the official website of L’Oreal India. A full application process section is mentioned in the blog.
In this blog, we have discussed the L’Oreal For Young Women In Science Scholarship in detail including eligibility criteria and application process. We hope candidates interested in this scholarship can use this blog to good effect.
For more such updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu Indian scholarships page, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.