Centre of Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT) enacted Cultural Talent Scholarship Schemes (CTSSS) in the year 1982 at National Level. The main aim of the scholarship schemes is to provide talented children training, who practice traditional Performing Arts or are getting specialised training in various cultural fields such as traditional forms of music, dance, drama, literature, sculpture, craft, etc.
The scholarship scheme ‘Award of Scholarships to Young Artistes (SYA) in Different Cultural Fields’ has also been transferred to CCRT. The SYA scheme provides 400 scholarships to students belonging to the age group of 18 to 25 years of age.
|Name of Scholarship||Award of Scholarships to Young Artistes in Different Cultural Fields|
|Governing Body||Centre of Cultural Resources and Training|
|Duration of Scholarship||2 Years|
|Total Number of Scholarships||400|
This Blog Includes:
Awards Under the Scholarship
Students who practise Indian Classical Dances, Classical Music, Light Classical Music, Theatre, Visual arts and many more subjects in the art field, are the ones who get the scholarship.
Selected candidates will be awarded INR 5000/- per month for two years. The awardees can cover his/her living expenses on art material, travelling, and all other essentials for practice. It is given mainly to cover training and tuition charges etc.
Relevant Subjects and Fields
There are various subjects and fields in which the scholarship is applicable. The following subjects/field list is mentioned briefly below in points. Students willing to apply must go through the lists of subjects before applying for the scholarship:
- Indian Classical Music: Classical Hindustani Music, Classical Carnatic Music (Vocal or Instrumental).
- Indian Classical Dance/Dance Music: Bharatnatyam, Kathak, Kathakali, Odissi Dance/Music etc.
- Theatre: Specialised aspect of theatre act which includes acting, directing etc. This excludes playwriting and research.
- Visual Arts: Sculpture, Painting, Creative Photography etc.
- Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts: Puppetry, Fol Songs, Folk Music etc.
- Light Classical Music: Thumri, Dadra, Light Classical based on Carnatic Style, etc.
The eligibility criteria for the scholarships must be fulfilled by candidates who are willing to apply for the Award Scholarships to Young Artistes (SYA). The eligibility criteria are mentioned in the points given below
- Candidates who belong to Indian Nationality.
- Candidates who are between the ages of 18-25. Age relaxation is not allowed.
- Candidates must have general education to pursue their arts training.
- Candidates must show a desire to pursue their training effectively.
- A proficient candidate with training/degree in their chosen field. The scheme is mainly awarded to experienced students.
- The candidate must have at least 5 years of experience with their Institute or Guru.
- Students have to submit their certificates of all previous training duly signed by the institute authorities or Guru. The certificates are to be submitted along with the application.
- Candidates should have knowledge about other connected subjects of arts/discipline.
There are a few documents which are needed to be submitted at the time of application. The list of the documents is given below to assist the candidates:
- Passport Size Photograph
- Printed self-attested copy of Education Qualification (Degrees, Diplomas etc.)
- Self-attested copy of matriculation certificate or equivalent certificate or any other admissible evidence of age.
- Candidates applying for the scholarship in the field of Sculpture, Painting and Applied Arts need to attach copies of their original works.
- Separate application has to be applied online in case there is more than one field for application.
Also Read: Tata Realty Scholarship for Girls
Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions for the Award of Scholarships to Young Artistes in Different Cultural Fields are mentioned below. Students must go through the terms and conditions diligently:
- The date and time of the interview will be shared through e-mail with the candidates.
- The selection of the candidates will be purely based on merit.
- The duration of the scholarship will be two years.
- If there are any changes in the address of the candidate, this must be informed to the ministry in writing. While writing the letter the candidates must mention their subject/field of training and file no. if any.
- The results will be announced on the website and an award letter will be sent to the selected candidates by speed post.
- An advertisement inviting applications will be issued by CCRT.
The full form of CCRT is the Centre of Cultural Resources and Training. The body implements scholarships for students who are willing to pursue training in Performing Arts.
Candidates willing to apply must be between the ages of 18-25. Age relaxation is not allowed.
The students will be awarded INR 5000/- for 2 years in the Award Scholarships to Young Artistes (SYA) in Different Cultural Fields.
In this blog, we have discussed the details of the scholarship. We hope the above-given information regarding eligibility criteria, awards and terms and conditions related to the Award Scholarships to Young Artistes (SYA) in Different Cultural Fields is helpful for the students and can help them initiate their scholarship application.
Stay tuned with Leverage Edu for more information related to the various scholarship schemes. And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.