The Woodstock School is a private non-profit educational institution located in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand. It is the first school in Asia to be accredited by the US Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The school is also accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS). The Woodstock School was established in 1854 and was run by the Americans during the British Raj. Moreover, the school acted as a refuge for the families that opposed British rule in India. The Woodstock school emphasizes both academic achievement and the extracurricular activities of the students. Keep reading to know more about the Woodstock school admission, fees, application process, facilities and more.
|School Name||Woodstock School|
|Accredited By||Council of International Schools (CIS)|
|Curriculum||International Baccalaureate (IB) World School offering MYP and DP|
|Class||Grade 6 to Grade 12|
|Admissions for the Academic Year 2024-2025||21st August 2023|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study at the Woodstock School?
The Woodstock School is a minority charitable educational institution. The school is well known for its emphasis on academic excellence. There are plenty of reasons to study at the Woodstock School. Some of them are listed below:
- The Woodstock school is an IB World School that offers Middle Years Programme (MYP), and an accredited American Diploma Programme (DP)
- The school is open to international students. In fact, several of its students represent countries such as Australia, Bhutan, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, New Zealand and more
- It is a residential school offering plenty of facilities for students. For example, swimming pools, laboratories, basketball courts, etc
- The school’s curriculum enables students to focus on their strengths. That is, through guided choice and individualized programmes of study. Students can choose personalized combinations of subjects
- Moreover, the school offers financial aid to deserving students regardless of their financial conditions
Woodstock School Admission Process
The Woodstock School is located in the first range of the Himalayas. It is a campus surrounded by forest. The Woodstock school is a co-educational minority institution. To receive admission process of the Woodstock School are as follows:
- Visit the official website of the university to fill out the application form
- Submit the application fee for the same. The fee is INR 500. It can be paid online
- There is no need to create a separate profile for the new student in case of siblings
- Those who require financial support must state the same at the beginning of the application process
- After the application form is reviewed the parents will be contacted to inform them of the school’s decision
- If the student is not selected then the admission process comes to an end. However, if a student is selected then the candidate will be invited for the interview and testing
- If a student is not invited for the interview then the application process comes to an end.
- In some cases, the applicant’s name can be listed in the waiting list. Those listed under the waiting list will receive the final decision by the end of the Spring semester (May 2023)
Woodstock Entrance Examination Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The Woodstock School selection process involves an application review, examination and an interview. The exam pattern of the school and the syllabus are listed below:
- First, applicants have to fill out the application form
- Secondly, they have to clear a written test. The test would include details such as Mathematics, English, General Knowledge, and Hindi
- Lastly, a personal interview is conducted on the basis of the selection. The interview session will assess the child’s cognition perspective and leadership skills
- The Woodstock school never reveals the examination syllabus, and outline
Several documents need to be submitted by the student. These documents verify the student profile. Moreover, the details mentioned in the documents are utilized by the school while granting certificates, mark sheets, and more. Below are the documents required for admission to Woodstock School.
- Application form
- Recent passport-size photograph of the student
- The applicant’s passport or birth certificate
- PIO/OCI photocopy, as applicable
- Form denoting the medical history of the student
- Official transcripts/ copies of last year’s report card (last 2-3 classes)
Also Read: DPS Admission 2023
Woodstock School Admission Dates
The Woodstock School Important admission dates are listed below. The important dates can be found on the official website of the school:
|Academic Year Begins||24th July|
|Winter Break||16th December- 23rd January 2023|
|School Year Ends||Last week of May|
|Last Date for Admission 2023-2024||25th May, 2023|
|Admission Office (closing date)||9 June 2023 -17th July 2023|
|Admissions for the Academic Year 2024-2025||21st August 2023|
Woodstock School Fees
The fees for the Woodstock School are set annually. Those who are admitted to the school are required to pay the annual fee, security deposit, and establishment fees. The annual fees include the fee for textbooks, tuition, notebooks, boarding, and lodging, basic laundry, Wifi bills, email facilities, fees for the field trips, and other social activities. Do note that when the fees are not paid in time it can result in restricted benefits for the students or late fee interest penalties.
|Class||Fees (Academic Year 2023-24)|
|Grade 6||INR 18,05,000|
|Grade 7||INR 18,05,000|
|Grade 8||INR 18,05,000|
|Grade 9||INR 18,65,000|
|Grade 10||INR 18,65,000|
|Grade 11||INR 20,05,000|
|Grade 12||INR 20,05,000|
|Establishment Fee(non-refundable)||Security Deposit Fee(refundable)||Class|
|INR 4,00,000||INR 3,90,000||All classes|
Facilities at Woodstock School Mussoorie
The Woodstock School offers several facilities to students. These facilities are provided for the overall development of the students. Some of the main facilities provided by the Woodstock School are as follows:
- Outdoor learning: The outdoor learning environment and the extended expeditions are meant to support students to create lifelong relationships with the natural world.
- Centre for Imagination: The Center for Imagination helps students to discover their potential.
- Personal Counseling: It provides a safe and confidential space for students to speak with a caring expert.
- Global Alliance for Innovative Learning (GAIL): The GAIL helps students to grasp cultural variety and helps students to see things from a different perspective.
- Sporting Facilities: Extracurricular activities are given importance for the overall development and well-being of students. For example, sports like badminton, basketball,
- cricket, etc are emphasized.
A. The Woodstock School is a leading International boarding school situated in the Mussoorie. It is an IB school accredited by the US Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
A. The fees of the Woodstock School is between INR 18 lakh to INR 20 lakh per annum. Do note that the fee varies depending on the class of the student.
A. Woodstock School is neither affiliated to ICSE or CBSE. It is an IB school accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS).
The Woodstock School is a school located in Mussoorie.It is a residential minority education institution. The admission for the Woodstock School for the academic year 2024- 24 commences on 21st August 2023. To discover more articles like this one, consult the study abroad experts at Leverage Edu.