Hindi is one of the most commonly used languages in India and ris the fourth most spoken language in the world. Just like any other language, Hindi is also taught in different manners like reading lessons, speaking lessons, and advanced level courses like a degree in Hindi. So, here are some of the popular Hindi courses that you can study depending on your proficiency.
This Blog Includes:
There are several types of Hindi courses that you can choose to study. Depending on your level of understanding of the language and your plans for the language. If you are only interested in knowing how to use Hindi in everyday life, a simple speaking course is for you. But if you are planning to pursue Hindi as a career option, you can choose to study Hindi after graduation.
Online Hindi Classes
Here are a few online platforms that provide hindi courses, have a look:
- Duolingo: The app provides AI-based personalized Hindi lessons with bite-sized interactive lessons. The courses are free of cost.
- Verbalplanet: This app provides one-to-one tutors to students who wish to learn Hindi from scratch to an advanced level. It is a paid service.
- Skillshare: This app provides web courses to students from speaking Hindi to learning different courses in Hindi. The courses in Skillshare are free and paid, depending on each of them.
- Hindi Online Class: This is a dedicated educational Institute for teaching Hindi on skype. It has a fun way of teaching through movies and talk shows.
- Learning Hindi!: This is a website that has detailed short lessons for learning Hindi from scratch. It’s completely free of cost.
Here Are 10 Super Cool Jobs For People Who Know A Foreign Language
You can get Hindi lessons from the aforementioned websites. But if you are planning to learn it by yourself, here are some tips that will help you in the process:
- Buy an English to Hindi translation book – Getting dedicated access to different words in the Hindi language can be very helpful during discussions and conversations.
- Start with understanding the basics- Just like the alphabets in English, there are alphabets in Hindi. Start by understanding and pronouncing them. You can follow the same procedure to learn Hindi as you learned any other language.
- Practice speaking with native speakers – Practice speaking with those who are fluent in speaking Hindi and ask them to point out your mistakes so you can fix them the next time.
- Practice every day – Take time out every day, even if it’s for a few minutes to practice Hindi. Remember that practice can only make you fluent.
Different Kinds of Courses
If you are already fluent in speaking and writing Hindi, there are several advanced level courses for you that can help you pursue a career in Hindi. You can choose from certification courses, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, and diplomas in Hindi.
Certificate Course in Hindi and Top Colleges
Several colleges in India provide certification courses in Hindi. Some of these are:
|Certification course in Functional Hindi||Mysore University
SR Government College for Women, Punjab
Manner Thirumalai Naicker College
|Certificate course in Hindi||Aligarh Muslim University
Benaras Hindu University
|Creative Course in Hindi||MassCo Media, Jhandewala
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Oprn University
Do You Know About These 10 Most Spoken Languages In The World?
Other Courses offered in Hindi
Several top universities offer degree courses in Hindi. You can pursue different courses in Hindi and top colleges offering Hindi courses:
|B.A. in Hindi||3 years||Minimum 45% from a credited institution in Class 12th.||1. Lady Shree Ram College of Commerce
2. St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
3. Miranda House, New Delhi
4. Presidency College5. Hindu College
|M.A. in Hindi||2 years||Minimum 50% from a credited institution in Bachelors.||1. Lady Shree Ram College of Commerce
2. Miranda House, New Delhi
3. Hindu College, New Delhi
4. Hansraj College5. Jain University
|Ph.D. in Hindi||4 years||Minimum 60% from a credited institution in Masters.||1. Jamia Milia Islamia University
2. Indira Gandhi National Open University
3. University of Hyderabad
4. Jawaharlal Nehru University
5.University of Delhi
|Diploma in Hindi||1 year||Minimum 45% from a credited institution in Class 12th.||1. Andhra University – AU
2. Annamalai University
3. Banaras Hindu University – BHU
4. Devanga Arts College Punjab University
|PG Diploma in Hindi||1 year||Minimum 50% from a credited institution in Bachelors.||1. SRM Institute of Science and Technology
2. Jamia Millia Islamia University
3. Indira Gandhi National Open University
4. Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
5. Christ University
In order to get admission to universities for Hindi courses, you can follow this routine. Although different universities have different criteria for admission, several parts of it remain the same:
- Confirm the course you want to do
- Shortlist universities that offer that course
- Fill the application form for at least 3-4 universities
- Make sure you are eligible for their course
- Qualify the admission round of test and interview, if any
- Wait for cut offs or admission list to be declared
- If you qualify, then take admission in college by completing further procedures
There are several career options that you can choose from. These are some of the options for a career after Hindi courses and their fees:
|Career Options||Average Salary per Annum|
|Content Writer||2.9 LPA|
|High School Teacher||3.16 LPA|
|Secondary School Teacher||3 LPA|
|Human Resources||4.1 LPA|
Must Read: How to Become a Language Translator?
These were the details on popular Hindi courses that can help you from learning the language from scratch to actually building a career in it. Several of these courses can fetch you a great career while a few of them can help you become proficient in Hindi while conversing with people. For any study abroad-related queries, you can always count on Leverage Edu for the best services and support to you.