The doctoral research degree, or PhD, is the highest level of study and typically requires 3 to 5 years to complete. The candidate concentrates on research and produces a thesis that makes a unique contribution to the field. PhDs are special degrees under federal statutes, laws, or regulations. It is possible to pursue a doctorate either full- or part-time. A Master of Arts or MPhil in Sanskrit from an accredited institution or university is the prerequisite for enrollment in this programme for any candidate. For more information about PhD in Sanskrit read this article.
|Course Name||PhD in Sanskrit|
|Full form||Doctor of Philosophy in Sanskrit|
|Eligibility||Merit-Based/ Entrance Exam|
|Admission Process||Merit Based/ Entrance Exam|
This Blog Includes:
- About PhD Sanskrit
- Why Study PhD Sanskrit?
- Top Institute for PhD Sanskrit in India
- Syllabus For PhD in Sanskrit
- Eligibility Requirements
- Admission Process for PhD in Sanskrit
- Distance Education PhD Sanskrit
- Career Prospects
- Salary For PhD in Sanskrit
- Employment Area
About PhD Sanskrit
PhD Sanskrit is a minimum 3-year doctoral programme that focuses on spoken and written Sanskrit literature at the research level. After Completing of PhD in Sanskrit, degree holder can teach their chosen subject at the university level or work in a specialized position in their chosen field.
Why Study PhD Sanskrit?
For its students, PhD Sanskrit provides a number of benefits. The following are some reasons why picking it is worthwhile:
- PhD Sanskrit is a course for advanced students. This course is required for anyone who wants to understand the finer points of the Sanskrit language.
- The course teaches crucial knowledge about the Sanskrit language’s history, philosophy, evolution, literature, and culture. Students who are enthusiastic about conducting in-depth research on the Sanskrit language are most suited for it.
- A student gains a variety of abilities through the course. Problem-solving, coming to logical conclusions, offering rational advice, time management, and so forth are a few of these.
Must Read: PhD Admission Guide
Top Institute for PhD Sanskrit in India
The average course cost ranges from INR 1000 to INR 2,000,000. The goal of the course is to provide an understanding of the Sanskrit language’s linguistic abilities, including all technicalities and verbal or written proficiency. The following prominent Indian universities offer PhD programmes in Sanskrit:
|Institute Name||Location||Average Fee|
|Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi||INR 42,000|
|Banasthali University||Rajasthan||INR 45,000|
|Allahabad University||Allahabad||INR 45,000|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya||Bhopal||INR 50,000|
|Assam University||Assam||INR 56,000|
Syllabus For PhD in Sanskrit
The syllabus may differ from university to university, but here is the most common subject that you need to study in PhD Sanskrit Program
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year|
|Fundamentals of research||Language learning||Vedic culture and literature|
|Research Techniques and Methodology||Development of the Sanskrit language||Vedanga literature|
|Documentation||Documentation skill||Purana literature|
|Sanskrit Sahitya ka Itihas|
Must Read: PhD English Comprehensive Guide
Some of the requirements for PhD Sanskrit admission are listed below
- The applicant should have successfully finished 10+2 from a reputable board.
- The applicant must possess a postgraduate degree in Sanskrit, such as an MPhil or a Master of Arts in Sanskrit.
- Students may apply for admission to the PhD Sanskrit programme if they have finished the required courses or are taking their final exams.
- Candidates must take an entrance exam at the central level or earn a passing grade in an exam at the university level.
- For admittance to different universities, practical or professional experience is also taken into consideration.
At the National, state, and university levels in India, there are numerous Entrance Exam through which students can enrol in distance-learning PhD programmes. The list consists of the UGC NET, PET, CSIR NET, and other exams.
- UGC NET
- CSIR NET
- AMU Entrance Exam
- State Level Eligibility Test (SLET)
- BHU RET
- JNU Entrance Exam
- DU Entrance Exam
Admission Process for PhD in Sanskrit
The following factors need to be taken into account for PhD Sanskrit admission in a good college:
- Do thorough research on the different colleges in the area, then select the finest ones based on your preferences.
- Make social media connections with graduates to learn more about tuition costs and placement trends.
- Visit the college website frequently and follow the application process.
- By acquiring the necessary subject-matter expertise, you can become proficient in the target language.
- Develop strong verbal and written communication abilities with a solid command of grammar and vocabulary.
- Well-prepared for entrance exams.
- For the PI round, develop good communication abilities.
To secure admission to PhD in Sanskrit students are required to submit all the mentioned below documents:
- Resume/ Cv
- Academic Transcripts
- Research Paper
- Address proof
- Entrance Score Card
- Migration Certificates
- Passing Certificates
- Age proof
- Passport size Photograph
- No Obligation Certificate
Distance Education PhD Sanskrit
Doctoral research degrees, or PhDs, are the highest level of education and typically take three to five years to complete. The candidate concentrates on research and produces a thesis that makes a unique contribution to the field.
Institutes Offer Distance Education
Students can enrol in economical distance learning PhD programmes, and they can study for this degree either full- or part-time. Here is the list of some universities that help you with PhD in Sanskrit Program
- CCS University
- GB. The Pant University of Agriculture and Technology
- Guru Nanak Dev University
- HPU Shimla
- Hyderabad University
- Jain University
- Jaipur National University
- Jamia Islamia
- Kerala University
- Mahatma Gandhi University Kerala
- Punjab Agricultural University
- Rajasthan Technical University
The doctoral Sanskrit degree programme is known as Sanskrit or Doctor of Philosophy in Sanskrit. It is subjective in character and thoroughly conducts the research. Doctoral candidates must submit their “thesis” after completing their programme of study in order to be awarded the appropriate degree. After completing a PhD Degree you can secure a good job in various positions like Philosophical Journalist.
- Human Services Worker
- Development and test Engineers
- Independent Consultants
- Electrical Product Design Engineer
- Engineering Technologist
Salary For PhD in Sanskrit
Salary for a PhD Degree holder depends on the experience, here is a rough idea of PhD in Sanskrit Salary in India:
|PhD in Sanskrit Salary||Amount (INR)|
|Highest Salary||10 LPA|
|Lowest Salary||3 LPA|
|Average Salary||6 LPA|
Must Read: PhD in History
After completing your PhD in Sanskrit program students can explore various job opportunities here are some of the opportunities mentioned below:
- Scholarly journals.
- Publication companies.
- News sources.
- Scholarly institutions.
- Colleges and universities.
- The human services sector.
- Law offices.
A. The following are the PhD in Sanskrit electives that are available to all students:
Ayurveda and Pura.
Ans. You must possess a Master’s degree in Sanskrit or a closely related discipline with a minimum of 55% overall marks or an equivalent grade in order to be eligible for a PhD programme in Sanskrit. Candidates who have an MPhil in Sanskrit may also be taken into consideration by several universities.
Ans. You must first earn your master’s degree in Sanskrit before moving on to pursue your doctoral degree in the same field.
This was all about the PhD in Sanskrit if you are also planning to pursue PhD Program and wanted to get admitted to a good college, reach out to Leverage Edu for better assistance call on 1800 57 200