The full form of AIDS is Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. AIDS is a condition brought on by HIV and is considered the final stage of HIV infection. Under this deficiency, a person’s immune system is weakened and is unable to fight against any illness or infection. Also, the infected person is more prone to spread numerous contaminations. The illnesses could be Thrush, Pneumonia, TB, Skin Disorders, Cytomegalovirus, and Toxoplasmosis. However, if not treated timely, AIDS ultimately leads to death.
Must Read: National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
Some Common Symptoms of AIDS
AIDS is an infection caused by a virus, the symptoms of an acute HIV infection could be similar to that of normal fever or other viral disorders:
- Joints and muscles pain
- Swollen Lymph glands
- Red rashes
- Night Sweating
- Sore throat, etc
List of Symptoms of AIDS in Advanced Stage
Below-mentioned are the advanced symptoms of AIDS:
- Blurred eye-sight
- Chronic or persistent diarrhoea
- Dry cough fever over 37-degree Centigrade (100° Fahrenheit)
- Sweating during permanent nighttime fatigue
- Small white colour spots on the mouth and tongue
- Shortened breath
- Swelled glands lasting weeks
- Loss of weight
Treatment for AIDS
- There doesn’t seem to be a definitive or ideal cure or therapy, but with the right diagnosis, care, and support, one might fight it and live a generally safe and happy life.
- Someone needs to do the necessary actions and put up with any potential negative outcomes.
- Drugs are used to stop the virus from reproducing.
- Antiretroviral therapy (ART) is a proven HIV/AIDS treatment.
We hope this has gathered you with some vital information about AIDS. For more such articles, visit our page and learn about various short forms.