The full form of NACO is National Aids Control Organisation. NACO is a government-led organisation in India that takes care of the epidemic in India under the Ministry of Health and family welfare.
It also seeks to broaden HIV+ individuals’ healthcare coverage as well as to protect and respect their human rights. It envisions an India in which every HIV+ person has access to healthcare and is treated with dignity.
What are the Objectives of NACO?
Mentioned below are the objectives of NACO:
- To prevent and control the spread of HIV/AIDS in India.
- To provide federal and state-level technical assistance to the National AIDS Control Programme (NACP).
- to raise HIV/AIDS awareness among the general public, high-risk groups, and other target populations
- To raise funds for the National AIDS Control Program’s execution.
- Coordination and collaboration with national and international organisations in the implementation of the National AIDS Control Programme
Roles of NACO
- The National AIDS Control Organisation is in charge of raising awareness about HIV/AIDS and assisting people in preventing it.
- It also offers assistance to persons impacted by HIV/AIDS.
- The National AIDS Control Organisation also aims to improve the lives of people living with HIV/AIDS.
- The National AIDS Control Organisation also conducts HIV/AIDS research and prevention.
- The National AIDS Control Organisation also gives financial help to HIV/AIDS patients.
Also Read: Full form of PD
Hope now you know all about the full form of NACO. Visit the General Knowledge page to discover more intriguing articles like these.