ID Full Form is Identity Document. A document containing information that can be used to confirm a person’s identification is called an identity document. Passports, licences, national identification cards, and birth certificates are a few examples of identity documents. These records normally feature the person’s picture along with details like name, date of birth, and address. They might also contain other data, including a person’s fingerprints or other biometric information. A government agency often issues the identity document, which may need to be shown as identification in a variety of circumstances.
The following details are often seen on an identity card for a person:
- Parent’s Name
- Permanent Address
Government agencies with the power to create various forms of identification, like Aadhaar cards, passports, driving licences, etc., also issue photo IDs.
Use of ID Card
Uses for IDs include:
- Your identity when opening a bank account or making a loan application.
- Checking one’s age before buying anything that has an age restriction, such as alcohol or smoking.
- Proving one’s identification when registering to vote or casting a ballot.
- Presenting as identification when applying for a passport or driver’s licence
- Used to verify employment and establish eligibility for government subsidies
- Utilised to conduct formal security checks for entrance into particular locations, occupations, or activities, as well as for events or destinations
Types of IDs (Identity Cards)
To verify a person’s identification, a variety of identity documents are frequently employed, including:
- Passports: Documents used for international travel that are distributed by governments to their citizens.
- National ID cards are identification documents provided by the government of a nation to its inhabitants.
- A driver’s licence is a document that the government of a nation issues to its citizens after they have met specific requirements. It serves as both identification and permission to drive a car.
- Birth certificates are official records that attest to a person’s identity and age and are issued at the time of birth.
- The government of a nation issues its residents with social security cards, which are used as forms of identity and as evidence of their eligibility for social welfare programmes.
- A resident permit is given by the government of a nation to a foreign national who resides there legally.
- Voter ID cards, which are given out by the government of a nation to its residents who are eligible to vote and serve as identification and residency documents.
This was all about the ID Full form. Visit the General Knowledge page to discover more intriguing articles about full forms. Get in touch with the experts at Leverage Edu in order to kickstart your study abroad journey