The full form of CRISIL is Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited. During its years of establishment, CRISIL was at the forefront of credit ratings in India. It is a type of Indian consulting firm that offers risk analysis, policy advice, and ratings. Furthermore, CRISIL provides ratings to a wide range of industries including banks and infrastructure projects. Moreover, CRISIL is also a branch of S&P Global which is a popular American corporation.
|Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited
|Year of establishment
History of CRISIL
Here is an overview of the history of CRISIL:
- CRISIL was founded in 1987 and supported by ICICI and UTI (Unit Trust of India Ltd.).
- In 1992, it became the first firm to rate financial institutions’ asset-backed securities & debt instruments.
- CRISIL announced its famous partnership with Standard and Poor in 1996 which subsequently made the latter its major shareholder in 2005.
- In 2011, CRISIL introduced the Gilt & Gold Index as well as solar scoring.
- CRISIL bought a UK-based company in 20212 to extend its services to major financial firms.
- CRISIL finally ranked India’s first commercial mortgage-backed securities.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of NAAC?
What is the Purpose of CRISIL?
CRISIL, a famous global analytical company, is headquartered in Mumbai, India.
- CRISIL offers analysis and solutions to lenders, borrowers, and creditors to help make sound financial decisions.
- It enhances transparency in the financial sector by mitigating risks in the financial markets.
- It caters to eight different countries including the UK, the USA, India, China, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
- CRISIL also shares constructive solutions by offering unbiased insights.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of IMD?
Who Owns CRISIL?
As mentioned earlier, CRISIL is owned by S&P GLOBAL, INC.
Operations of CRISIL
CIRISIL operates in four diverse areas including:
- CRISIL offers credit ratings for numerous entities.
- It conducts research on different industries which is then used by investors to make informed decisions.
- Grading of sectors such as education and healthcare is another operation of CRISIL.
- Risk and policy advisory services by CRISIL are also beneficial for clients.
Popular Full Forms
We hope this has helped you understand the full form of CRISIL and everything related to it. If you want to know more, find 300+ general full form list on our blog. In the world of short forms, you can rely on the Leverage edu page to know about more full form like this! Connect with us study abroad experts to achieve your international dream today!