The full form of CBT is Computer Based Test. The term “computer-based test,” or “CBT test,” refers to the use of computers to administer exams instead of paper and pencil. The internet or a computer-aided facility can be used to administer such a test online. Typically, organisations conduct this test or examination to assess or evaluate a candidate’s performance, competence, or capability. The CBT online test streamlines the evaluation process for teachers by incorporating elements like multiple-choice questions, descriptive replies, analytics-based questionnaires, etc. Based on the test mapping & results, the instructor can be confident in the student’s level of knowledge.
It is beneficial to educational institutions because it has extra features like section-specific feedback and auto-grading.
Advantages of CBT
Computer Based Test or CBT has many advantages, some of which are mentioned below:
- The computer-based test allows an organisation or educational institution to conduct an exam on a large scale.
- It gives the flexibility to the examiner to adjust the difficulty level according to the group of students.
- CBT allows a well-organised and smooth process of the examination as it eradicates the hassle of collecting and storing answer sheets.
- It even helps students with special needs as they are able to take advantage of features like text-to-voice applications, braille keyboard, magnification, etc.
Features of CBT
Mentioned below are some of the features of computer-based tests:
- Provides role-based access to teachers, admin and students
- Easy report generation
- AI-based analysis
- Offers proctoring solutions to avoid cheating
- High assessment accuracy
- Allows the user to access the system through mobile/laptop.