“Between the paving stones come blooms so bold and tall, giving off their aroma to the summer-infused breeze. For these seeds of humble size and hue are the ninjas of the botanical world, born to shout loud of their graffiti-petaled beauty”, probably the most accurate lines to describe summer and how much an individual can progress during this time of the year. For high school students, this is one of the most essential periods where they can gain ample experience which can help them proceed in life. From developing various skills to exploring new subjects or activities, summer programs provide students with a platform to learn a multitude of things. Usually running for a period of one to eight weeks, the students get a chance to participate in various activities. In this blog, we will shed light on some of the summer programs for high school students. But before that, let us get an overview of how these programs are beneficial.
Benefits of Summer Programs
The primary objective of offering summer programs for high school students is to provide an opportunity for personal as well as professional development in a short span of time. Listed below are some of the major benefits of opting for such programs:
- It is a great way to keep the students active. In a technologically dominated world, getting students to be part of learning as well as physically developing activities is usually a daunting task for both parents as well as a teacher. Summer programs are thus an excellent way to get students to explore a number of activities outside their homes.
- It gives students a chance to make new friends and learn better social and communication skills. With the right guidance and activities, the students gain confidence, an attribute necessary for a successful career.
- Students also develop new skills and come across new ideas that are sure to broaden their thinking abilities and their vision as a whole.
Summer Programs for High School Students[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
Every year, thousands of summer programs are organized by schools across the world to make students a part of the process that helps nurture them. Listed below are some of the major summer programs for high school students:
- American Collegiate Adventures: Offered to students from both US and other countries, this program lasts for 1-5 weeks. Community Service, Culinary, Fashion, Photography, arts, etc. are some of the activities which the students can opt for under this summer program for high school students.
- Bentley University Summer Athletic Camps: Known popularly as New England’s best teaching campus for athletics, the university offers summer programs for high school students in sports such as volleyball, basketball, field hockey, etc, in its state-of-the-art facilities to help students learn the true importance of sports and sportsmanship.
- Academic Connections at the University of California, San Diego: Hosted for 3 weeks, students are given the option of choosing one academic subject they want to study in-depth. The students are taught the subject by faculty members of the institute or by the graduate students. Unlike other summer programs for high school students, the candidates are required to score a minimum aggregate GPA of 3.3 or more. These programs are available for students from standard 9th to 12th.
- Boston Leadership Institute: This institute is responsible for offering the renowned award-winning, STEM summer programs for high school students. Organized by decorated and qualified professors and teachers of the Boston area, the summer program covers fields such as Engineering, Medicine, Science, etc.
Apart from the above-mentioned programs, there are few other renowned summer programs for high school students which have been listed below:
- California State Summer School for Mathematics and Science (COSMOS)
- Concordia Language Villages
- Carnegie Mellon University– Summer Programs for diversity
- UConn Pre-College Summer
- National Youth Science Camp (NYSC)
Hopefully, this blog has provided a helpful insight into some of the different summer programs for high school students. If you want to pursue an academic program from universities abroad but are not sure about how to get started with it then the experts at Leverage Edu will lend you a helping hand. The counselors will help to select a university through the AI-enabled platform.