Technology is what has helped humans get so advanced in today’s time! As technology is essential in every way, it is important that both men and women get into the field to showcase their work. We are here to tell you about the Tech Women Scholarship for MBA in the Netherlands offered by the Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences to encourage wider female participation in the field of technology. Keep reading to find out how you can apply for this scholarship, its eligibility criteria and more!
This Blog Includes:
Tech Women MBA Scholarship: Background
Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences offers the tech women mba scholarship to eligible female candidates to bridge the gender gap in higher managerial positions as well as to encourage women to enter the male-dominated field of Information and Technology across the world. According to the current data of the EU:
- In European Union, Only 1 in 3 managers is a woman and this number decreases as we reach senior management positions.
- Only 17% ,that is, 1 in 6 ICT specialists in the EU is a woman.
- When it comes to leadership positions in the technology industry, only 5% are women.
- Gender pay gap in ICT is also a cause of concern in the EU, women are paid 20% less than men.
To tackle this underrepresentation across the technology industry, Wittenborg University has launched a scholarship programme called the Tech Women MBA Scholarship. The scholarships are inspired by initiatives like Women-in-Tech Netherlands and Women-in-AI. Let’s find out more details-
Tech Women MBA Scholarship
Women candidates from a technological background interested in pursuing MBA with specialisation in Data Analytics or the MBA with specialisation in Digital Transformation at the University can get financial assistance through the Tech Women MBA Scholarship programme.
The Tech Women MBA Scholarship provides unlimited scholarship awards of 5,000 euro each for the MBA with specialisation in Data Analytics or Digital Transformation. The scholarship also covers partial tuition fee waiver for the duration of 1.5 year of the MBA programmes.
Here is the Eligibility Criteria for Tech Women MBA Scholarship-
- The gender of the applicant must be female
- Open to all nationalities
- IELTS or TOEFL requirement: IELTS 6.5, TOEFL: 90
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to hold a strong bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a technology or science field to be accepted in the mentioned MBA programme at WUAS.
- Work experience: Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a technology/science field is a requirement (references required)
- Strong personal application letter with motivation
The scholarship is available for MBA specialisations in Data Analytics and Digital Transformation. Here are the details for the programmes-
|Course Name||MBA in Data Analytics||Data Transformation|
|Course Duration||18 months||18 months|
|Intakes||6 Entry- points every year||6 Entry- points every year|
How to Apply?
To apply for the Tech Women MBA Scholarship, the applicants must send an MBA personal application letter and the programme application documents by email to email@example.com.
The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Copy of academic papers, all levels
- Copy of passport or EU ID card (colour scans)
- 1 scanned passport-size photo
- Two recommendation letters
This was all about Tech Women MBA Scholarship by Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences. It is vital that women also get ahead in tech-related jobs to help them gain the deserved recognition in the field. Let us know what you think about the scholarship in the comments down below. For more updates on international scholarships, follow Leverage Edu on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and LinkedIn!