The UGC-NET [University Grants Commission-National Eligibility Test] is a pan-India entrance exam that is conducted bi-annually in the months of June and December. Just like CSIR NET, the main aim of this test is to select candidates for the posts of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professors in colleges and universities across the country. For providing better clarity, we have collated the important information pertaining to the UGC NET JRF exam in this blog.
This Blog Includes:
|Online Application for UGC NET||March 2021|
|Last Date for Filling Online Applications||March 2021|
|Admit Card||June 2021|
|UGC NET Exam Date||June 2021|
|Declaration of Result||July 2021|
|Offer Validity||3 years|
|Financial Assistance||The selected fellows will be awarded 28,000 INR per month along with a contingency grant, HRA and reader assistance.|
|Frequency||Bi-Annually (June and December)|
|Registration Fees||General – Rs 1,000
General-EWS/OBC-NCL: Rs 500
SC/PWD/ST/Transgender – Rs 250
Note – Dates will be updated as soon as the official notification is out!
What is NET JRF?
NET JRF is conducted to select candidates for the posts of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professors. CSIR Net is for those who hold a degree in the Science stream whereas, UGC NET JRF is for Humanities, Science, and Social Science stream graduates. Earlier, CBSE(Central Board of Secondary Education) conducted this examination on behalf of UGC. However, since 2018, the responsibility has been shifted to NTA (National Testing Agency).
NET JRF Eligibility Criteria
Whether you are applying for UGC NET JRF, PhD entrance exams or RRB paramedical, it is important to fulfil the eligibility criteria as defined by the concerned authority. Given below are the important eligibility criteria for NET JRF:
- Applicants belonging to Gen/Gen-EWS/Unreserved categories should have completed their Master’s degree with at least 55% of marks.
- Those hailing from SC, ST, OBC, Transgender Community Students, and PwD background must have secured 50% marks in their postgraduation degree.
- PhD holders who completed their master’s degree by 19th September 1991 must-have secured 50% marks.
- For NET JRF, the age of candidates should not be more than 30 years.
- There is age relaxation for the following JRF candidates:
|OBC-Non Creamy Layer||Up to 5 years|
|Prior Research Experience [Subject to the period spent]||5 years|
|LLM Degree Holders||3 years|
|Armed Forces [Subject to the time spent]||5 years|
NET JRF Examination Pattern
The NET JRF exam consists of 2 papers, both conducted in online mode. While Paper-I is common for all, domain-specific questions are asked in Paper-II. Furthermore, in both the papers, MCQs are asked. Let’s go through the examination pattern as prescribed by NTA in detail.
NET JRF Syllabus
In order to crack NET JRF, apart from a subject-specific curriculum, one needs to pay special attention to Logical and Analytical Reasoning. Paper-I consists of topics like Reading Comprehension, REsearch and Teaching Aptitude, Data Interpretation, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), etc. On the other hand, the syllabus for Paper-II depends on the subject you choose. To understand the curriculum in detail, head on to our blog on UGC NET Syllabus!
NET JRF Scholarship Amount
|JRF Fellowship Amount||For the first 2 years, Rs 31,000 will be awarded yearly. For the remaining portion, Rs 35,000 will be given.|
|Contingency Amount [Humanities and Social Sciences]||Initial 2 years – Rs 10,000
Thereafter, Rs 25,000 will be awarded.
|Contingency Amount [Science]||Initial 2 years – Rs 12,500
Thereafter, Rs 25,000.
|HRA||The amount can vary from one university to another.|
How to Apply for NET JRF?
- In order to apply for UGC NET JRF, applicants need to visit the official website of UGC NET.
- Fill all the information with proper credentials. Keep a note of the system generated number for future references.
- Upload your scanned photograph [10kb to 200 kb] and signature [4 kb to 30 kb] in JPG/ JPEG format.
- Pay fee through SBI MOPS and print the receipt.
- Keep 4 print-outs of the confirmation page once you are through the payment mode.
Hence, in this throat cutting competition, one needs to devise a well-concocted strategy in order to score well in the UGC NET JRF Exam! Are you apprehensive about choosing the right educational career? Take the expert advice from the counsellors at Leverage Edu through an E-meeting and get assistance from filing applications to SOP preparation!