Data Science is considered to be one of the most sought after fields in India nowadays. With a scope of having a secured and a flourished career, students are highly opting for this course. It is a 2 year programme, divided into 4 semesters. Let us know about MTech in Data Sciences as a career.
This Blog Includes:
About MTech in Data Science
Data Science is a field that is focused on finding insights from huge sets of raw and structured data. This field helps to find the answers to the things we do not know of. One of the great parts of doing this course is that students, no matter what Engineering branch they had, are eligible to pursue it. Students have to learn various things about the theoretical and practical knowledge of Data Assessment.
To study MTech in Data Science, some of the topics that are taught during the course are:
- Data Science programming
- Data Analytics
- Data Mining
- Big Data
The candidates who want to get a degree in MTech Data Science must fulfil certain eligibility criteria. Given below are some basic requirements:
- The applicants have to pursue a B. Tech/ BE in any stream of Engineering from a recognised Institute.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 50% to qualify
- The candidates appearing for the final exam or waiting for the final result can also apply for the course.
MTech Data Science Admission Process
The selection of applicants for admission to MTech in Data Science is done either through direct admission or through entrance exams such as GATE. The important information of this course are given below:
|Admission Process: GATE||Some of the Colleges, both private and government, accept GATE scores for MTech Data Science admission, The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of GATE scores, and the admission would be given considering class 12th, BTech Marks and entrance exam marks.|
|Admission Process: State Entrance Exams||Many states conduct their own entrance exams for M.Tech admission. The admission will be given on the basis of the candidate’s merit|
|Admission- Direct||Private colleges offer direct admission in M.Tech Data Science. Candidates with/ without GATE scores can apply for admission. The admission will be granted on the basis of past academic performance.|
Also Read: Data Science Courses in Canada
Admission Process Abroad
Universities abroad offer admissions into MTech Data Science based upon the application sent by candidates. There are various exams and other requirements that are to be met to start your application to your dream university. Check out the process here:
- Select a suitable university and course. While choosing these things, also look at which country is the best for Data Science and how is your future going to be there post course completion. If you have no clue how to do that, then Leverage Edu experts are here to help you out.
- Based upon the MTech Data Science course you pick, there will be some subject proficiency exams that will be a part of your application like GMAT, GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, etc. Signup for Leverage Live and start your preparation today.
- SOP is another important factor of your application. Write carefully.
- Next step is to collect LORs, transcripts and other required documents and fill in the application form online.
- After evaluating your profile, the university will ger back to you!
MTech Data Science Course Fees
The fees for M.Tech Data Science depends on the college, its ranking and the scholarship received by the candidate. The fee of the course for MTech in Data Science in India ranges between INR 55k to 2.2 lakh.
Colleges in India
- Indian Institute of Technology, Dhanbad
- Jaypee Institute of information technology
- JECRC university
- National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
- Kalinga Institute of industrial technology
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
- BITS Pilani
- Christ university
Top Universities Abroad
Universities that offer Masters in Data Science abroad are below:
- Harvard university
- Yale university
- John hopkins university
- University of Pennsylvania
- Duke university
- Stanford university
- University of washington
- University of southern california
- Columbia university
- University of vermont
M.Tech in Data Science Career Choices
After finishing M.Tech in Data Science, the applicants can take different career paths. The various job options include –
- Data Engineering
- IT Developing
- Software Engineering
- Data Programming
- IT Analyst
Also Read: Data Science Courses in India
This is all the information you need to decide about your career in MTech in Data Science. If you want to know more about the course and its application process, then reach out to our Leverage Edu experts today!