The Australian government will increase the post-study work rights of foreign students in order to improve the supply of competent workers. This makes it possible for qualified international graduates to remain and work in Australia for an additional two years. This will make international students to stay longer in Australia and find employment to utilise their skills.
Source: Australian Government: Department of Home Affairs
Graduates international students who studied in fields where there are actual skill shortages are eligible for the extension. Although qualifying courses have not yet been made public, they will fill current skill gaps in the business. Relevant disciplines of study for international students include accounting, engineering, nursing, and information technology.
Australia Extension of Post-Study Work
Post-study employment rights for specific degrees in fields where skill shortages have been established will expand from:
- For certain Bachelor’s degrees, two to four years are required.
- For certain Master’s degrees, three to five years are required.
- For certain PhDs, four to six years are required.
These two-year extensions provide qualified student graduates more time to work in their fields and start their careers.
In order to handle the increased demand and shorten visa delays, the Australian government is also investing A$36.1 million in visa processing. This is a wonderful illustration of how committed the nation is to its foreign students.
Student Visa for Australia
You must first apply for a student visa in order to study in Australia. Although the process is straightforward, there are a few things you should be aware of before you start.
- You must first acquire an acceptance letter from an Australian university.
- In addition, you must complete the English language requirements.
- Furthermore, you must show that you have the financial resources to fund your education.
For more such updates, follow Leverage Edu News Updates.