Artificial Intelligence Chemistry is a growing field where computational methods have rapidly become major tools for pharmaceutical, theoretical, and biological chemists. Due to this, mathematical models and numerical analysis that work at the back of these methods are increasingly important and play a direct role in the progress of many sectors of chemistry.
|Course Name||Artificial Intelligence Chemistry|
|Admission Procedure||Application Form; Entrance Exam or Merit Depending on the Specific University|
|Eligibility||10 + 2 from Recognised Board; Science with Physics, Chemistry & Maths; Minimum English Language Requirements|
|Job Positions||Professor, Chemical Researcher, Biochemist|
This Blog Includes:
- What is Artificial Intelligence Chemistry?
- Why Study Artificial Intelligence Chemistry?
- Skills Required for Artificial Intelligence Chemistry
- Typical Work Duties of a Computational Chemist
- Eligibility Requirement for Artificial Intelligence Chemistry
- Top University for Artificial Intelligence Chemistry
- Career Scope after Artificial Intelligence Chemistry
What is Artificial Intelligence Chemistry?
Artificial Intelligence Chemistry uses quantum chemical calculations as an essential tool in many areas of chemical research. It is a branch of chemistry that uses the assistance of a computer to solve complex chemical problems. The field of artificial intelligence chemistry exploits methods of theoretical chemistry that are incorporated into computer programs, to calculate the interactions, structures, and properties of molecules.
Better hardware or technology, as well as improved methods, have enabled computational chemistry to tackle an ever wider range of problems and questions. This has resulted in both, a better rationalization of observed behaviour and an improved prediction of chemical reactivity.
Why Study Artificial Intelligence Chemistry?
Advances in automation, artificial intelligence, and big data have revolutionised the practice of chemistry in academia as well as in the industry.
Computational methods allow predictive insights into the behaviour of complex molecules and systems. Hence, artificial intelligence chemistry has increased the ability to predict reaction outcomes and helped to heap on to the existing knowledge in the field.
Skills Required for Artificial Intelligence Chemistry
A strong candidate aspiring to have a career in computational chemistry will have skills such as
- Knowledge of various levels of code development, programming, and software architecture skills
- An understanding of theoretical principles, that include thermodynamics, kinetics, and quantum chemistry
- Problem-solving skills
- An interest in solving basic and applied research problems
- Should be able to adapt and integrate computer software in order to solve new categories of problem
Typical Work Duties of a Computational Chemist
For those of you who have ever wondered what the job role of a computational chemist is, we have jotted down a few of the duties they perform.
They apply new hardware and software capabilities for data collection as well as its analysis
- They develop computer models that are simulations of biochemical and chemical entities as well as their processes
- They perform and interpret statistical analysis of big datasets
- They create visual representations of molecular interactions, reaction pathways
- They characterise new compounds and processes that support patent claims
- They help to develop synthesis processes
- They design experiments
- They can also opt to teach courses and train students
Eligibility Requirement for Artificial Intelligence Chemistry
To pursue a course in artificial intelligence chemistry there are certain eligibility requirements that an aspirant must meet. We have pointed out some of them below.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Candidates must have completed Bachelor’s from a recognized institution
- Candidates must have completed their class 12 board examination with Chemistry, Physics, and Maths as the core subjects.
How to Apply?
- The students will have to fill out an application form available on the university website
- The students will have to prove all minimum eligibility by providing relevant documents
- The students will have to pay a one-time application fee
- The students may also have to submit a Statement of Purpose
- Apart from this, they will have to submit their Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Students are requested to visit the official university website for a specific application
Apart from the basic eligibility criteria, the application procedure to get admission to a course in artificial intelligence chemistry depends on the institute the student intends to pursue the course. The admission procedure may differ in each college the student is applying for. The candidates are suggested to inquire about their respective courses from the institutes to which they are applying. However, the basic process requires the candidate to register themselves and fill up an application form available on the college website. The aspirant must ensure to take note of the last date for sending in the application form. The candidate will then have to produce their previous academic transcripts for verification by the college authorities. Some colleges also conduct entrance exams to gauge the candidate’s aptitude in the course they are applying to. Almost all colleges accept application forms in online mode, making it fairly easy for candidates to apply.
- Application Form
- Statement of Purpose
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Students are requested to visit the official university website for specific document requirements
Top University for Artificial Intelligence Chemistry
|University Name||Course Name|
|Imperial College London||Digital Chemistry|
|University of Oxford||Theoretical and Computational Chemistry|
|UC Berkeley||Computational Chemistry Concentration|
|Yale University||Theoretical Chemistry|
|UC San Diego||Theoretical and Computational Chemistry|
|MIT||Computational & Theoretical|
|Stanford University||Theoretical Chemistry|
Want to study abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Leverage Finance help you!
Career Scope after Artificial Intelligence Chemistry
The aspirants and students who go after a career in artificial intelligence chemistry can opt for a varied of career choices, some of them are as follows:
- They can become a professor, a chemical researcher, or a biochemist.
- They can work in the areas of pharmaceutical, industrial chemistry and petroleum.
- They can also opt for government jobs available at national laboratories and government agencies.
- They can also perform their own research.
Computational chemistry is used to predict the reaction mechanisms of new experiments. Because there are heaps of experiments that have been studied, various algorithms of computer programs have enough big data to predict the reaction mechanisms of new experiments.
Computational chemistry has two broad areas: molecular mechanics and electronic structure theory. However, these both perform the same basic calculations, ie computing the energy of any particular molecular structure.
Yes, to become a theoretical physicist, the aspirant usually requires a doctorate in mathematics or physics. They may also require post-doctoral experience and several years of job experience in applied physics. Thus it must be noted that working towards the goal of becoming a theoretical physicist can take many years of learning as well as experience.
Delve into pursuing a course in artificial intelligence chemistry if you want a bright future in the field of chemistry. We know choosing the right course and university that runs parallel to your interests is very important. For this, I’m sure you’ll be pleased to take the assistance of an AI-based tool at Leverage Edu that gives you personalised suggestions based on your skills, qualifications and interests. Contact our experts at Leverage Edu they will assist you in your study abroad endeavour. To get a free consultation from us call us at 1800 572 000 now!