A Short Term Study Visa is a visa which is formulated for the student who wishes to study or pursue a course/programme for the duration of six to eleven months. Any course which is for less than a duration of 6 months can be pursued via a visitor visa.
Short Term Study Visas cannot be extended or converted into educational visas. Anyone above the age of 18 can apply for a Short Term Study Visa. Some obligations come along with the study visa which cannot be abided in any form.
This Blog Includes:
Benefits of the Short Term Study Visa
The benefits of the short-term visa are-
- It is a great opportunity for the executive and students willing to pursue short programs.
- It allows the applicants to study at reputed institutes around the world.
- An individual gets exposure to cultural change
Short Term Study Visa UK
Before starting the application process, you need to register yourself on the UK official website and choose the “Short Term Study Visa” type. All the necessary details for applying for a short study course in the UK are given below.
|Eligibility Requirements||An applicant is required to be above 16 years of age and can only stay there for a time duration of 6 months to 11 months and must leave within 30 days (about 4 and a half weeks) of competition. There must be limited funds to support your stay and study in the UK and you should be offered a Signiant place by a legit student sponsor.|
|Required Documents||– Online application form
– Payments of the visa application and copy submitted for the immigration Health documents
– Passports & travelling documents
– Immigration permission
– Disease/medical certificates such as TB, and Covid 19.
– Accommodation details
– Copy of funds
|Restrictions and Guidelines||– One is not allowed to take employment/internships or any places during that time.
– It is not allowed to bring dependents
– No health insurance is provided. Hence, it is advised to take care of health and medical supplies while this time.
– One must leave the territory within 30 days (about 4 and a half weeks) of the course/ program competition.
Also Read: Canada Student Visa for Indians
Short Term Study Visa USA
If you are planning to take some time out in the US and study some good courses for a short period, then you must apply for a Short Term Study Visa which is popularly known as a “type B2” visa. There are different types of visas available but Type B2 would allow you to study a program from six to twelve months.
|Eligibility Requirements||One must take admission in the course which is registered by the US government. Apart from enrolling, a good level of English is very significant. A mandatory amount of funds is required to be carried.|
|Required Documents||The important documents are as follows;
– A valid passport & visa
– Accurate confirmation on DS 160
– Form I20
– Copies of payments
– Non-Immigration certificate
|Restrictions and Guidelines||– Students are not allowed to get employed off-site. However, they can get enrolled in on-site internships with certain conditions with the legal authorities.
– They can only study the course which is valid for up to twelve months.
Short Term Study Visa Australia
Studying Abroad or student exchange programs are the two ways which allow an individual to study at a reputed university in Australia. One can study the course for up to a year. And exchange programs are only valid if the university has a tie-up with the Australian government.
|Eligibility Requirements||You need to qualify “subclass 500 student visa”. And the course must be registered by CRICOSOne must have a good command of English and have cleared results in exams such as TOEFL, IELTS and PTE.|
|Required Documents||– Proof of skills in English
– Offer Letter
– Confirmation of Enrollment
– Apt funds in the saving Account
– Health Scheme
– Character Requirement
|Restrictions and Guidelines||One can only stay up to 12 months on a Short Term Study Visa. Students can work up to 48 hours in 14 days.|
How to Apply for a Short Term Study Visa?
Candidates need to follow these common steps to apply for a short-term visa to study abroad:
- One of the significant tasks is to get a visa. Try to get a visa before avoiding the last-minute rush.
- Make sure to collect all the documents before the show as evidence. Make a list of the documents that are required inside out during the form-filling process.
- Apply for the visa on the official website and book an appointment. Book a place venue for the biometric process.
- After scheduling the appointment, present the required documents and evidence to proceed with further verification.
- Book the tickets and get ready to pursue your dream course in your favourite institute.
The short-term visa validity to study abroad generally applies for a 15-day tenure and can be extended up to 6 months period.
Some of the famous countries that allow short-term visas for Indian students to study abroad are the UK, USA, Canada, and Australia.
Yes, Canada allows students to migrate to their country to pursue a diploma on a short-term visa.
If you are going to apply for a Short Term Study Visa to begin your overseas education journey. However, the visa process is a tedious yet mandatory task in which you must not take any risks. Our Leverage Edu experts are here to help you with the application process. So, connect with us today for a FREE Consultation call or call us on 1800572000.