International students who want to study in China will have to apply for a China student visa. There are mainly 2 types of China student visas available – the X1 visa (for studying in China for more than 180 days), and the X2 visa (for studying in China less than 180 days). Just like any other visa, to obtain a China student visa applicants will have to meet the eligibility criteria. This includes meeting the financial requirements. After that, the student can arrange documents, and apply for the visa. In this blog, we have included detailed information about the China student visa financial requirements.
This Blog Includes:
- Types of China Student Visa
- China Study Visa Requirements
- Family Visa Requirements
- China Student Visa Financial Requirements
- For further information check out the video below;
- Do I Need to Go Through a Language Test?
- China Student Visa Process
- Processing Time
- China Student Visa Validity
- China Student Visa Fees
- What to Do in Case of a China Student Visa Rejection?
Types of China Student Visa
Before checking the China student visa financial requirements. It is important to be aware of the different types of china student visas. The China visa categories are named in alphabets. The China student visa types are as follows;
- X1 visa- The China X1 visa is a long-term student visa granted to those who want to study in China for longer than 180 days. That is, students wanting to enrol in Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD can apply for this visa.
- X2 visa- The China X2 visa is a short-term student visa granted to individuals who want to study in a short-term program (less than 180 days). To extend this visa, students will have to apply for a visa extension 1 month before the visa expiry date.
China Study Visa Requirements
Several documents are needed to study in China. Here we have provided a list of documents needed to apply for a China student visa. Note; the China student visa financial requirements is one of the important requirements of the student visa.
- Passport with a minimum of 6 months validity
- Proof of legal status (if applicable)
- Visa application form and photographs of the applicant
- Copy of previous Chinese visas/passports
- Other necessary documents asked by consulate officers
- Original and a copy of the admission letter
- Copy and original of the application forms to study in China. That is, the Form JW202/Form JW201)
- Bank statements issued in English with a balance meeting the China student visa financial requirements. It is possible to present the scholarship certificate instead of the bank statements.
- Physical examination form as proof of good health
- Additionally, the X1 visa applicants must apply for a residence permit within 30 days of entry to China.
Family Visa Requirements
International students studying in China are permitted to bring their family members. However, the family members will have to apply for their visas, separately. That is, an S1 visa permits a person to stay for more than 180 days. On the other hand, a China S2 visa permits a family member to stay in the country for less than 180 days with no medical assessment or residence permit.
China Student Visa Financial Requirements
To obtain a student visa in China applicants will have to meet the China student visa financial requirements. The student will have to provide their bank statements to show that they possess the minimum bank balance. This is to ensure that the student has sufficient funds to cover their expenses during their stay in China. The amount does not include the tuition fees. The fruition fees will have to be paid separately. Those who do not have sufficient funds can provide a scholarship certificate meeting the requirements.
|China Student Visa Financial Requirements
|$2500 for every school year
For further information check out the video below;
Do I Need to Go Through a Language Test?
Those wanting to study in China have to take a language proficiency test before the visa application process starts. The reason is, that the language proficiency test is needed to gain admission to a university. However, the language proficiency test can be in English or Chinese.
China Student Visa Process
Apart from being aware of the China student visa financial requirements, an applicant must also know about the student visa financial requirements. The China student visa process is as follows:
- First, accept a place at a university. For this, the student will have to pay the tuition fee and secure their place before they are provided with an admission letter.
- Next., the university will provide the student with the JW201/ JW202 form. The JW201 form is meant for those with scholarships, and the JW202 form is for self-funded students.
- Complete the form provided by the university, and gather the essential documentation
- Next, submit the visa application form to the nearest Chinese embassy or consulate.
- Lastly, receive the result of the visa application. Note; the time taken is less than a week.
- After the student has arrived in China, he/she must register with the existing entry admission bureau. This has to be done within 30 days of arriving in China. In this step, the student visa will be replaced by a temporary resident permit. With the residence permit the student can stay in China for the duration of their studies.
- While converting the student visa to a temporary residence permit, the applicant will have to undergo a medical examination. The medical test takes around RMB 622 or $88. Citizens belonging to certain countries will have to do a medical examination before arriving in China.
You can check out the video below to learn about the China student visa interview questions;
The China student visa processing time is quick. Generally, the processing time taken by the Chinese embassy is 1 week. However, students usually get a response within 4 days. Students can also take advantage of the express service. The express service gets the China student visa processed within 2-3 working days. It is best to take into account unexpected delays and apply a month before the date of arrival in China.
China Student Visa Validity
The China student visa validity would depend on the student visa type of the applicant. The China student visa validity for an X1 visa is more than 6 months. Those who have received the temporary residence permit can stay in the county for 5 years. On the other hand, those with an X2 visa are only allowed to stay in the country for less than 6 months. However, a visa extension is possible.
China Student Visa Fees
The Chinese student visa fees will vary depending on the country of the applicant. The China student visa fee for India is approximately ¥341.58. Paying the visa fees is one of the China student visa financial requirements.
What to Do in Case of a China Student Visa Rejection?
China has strict visa policies and a low acceptance rate. Hence, the visa may be rejected. In case of a China student visa rejection, the applicant can choose to reapply after fixing the errors or appeal the decision. However, it is important to note that the Chinese authorities are not obliged to provide the reason for a student visa refusal. Nevertheless, we have provided the common reasons for the China student visa rejection.
- Mistakes in the application form
- Not providing essential documentation
- Lack of financial resources
- Not providing satisfactory proof of return to the home country
For studying in China the student must have a bank account balance of more than 2500 USD. X1 visa applicants must have sufficient bank balance to get their visa approved.
The minimum bank balance needed for a China visa depends on the visa type. For example, its $2500 for every school year for a China student visa. For exchange visits/study tours (F visa) the amount needed is US$6000.
To provide proof of funds the applicants can either submit a financial guarantor letter or bank statements. The financial guarantor letter is provided by the person who will finance the student during their education. A letter has to be submitted with the name, job, source of funds, etc.
|UK Visa Requirements for Indians
|Super Priority Visa UK
|Permanent Resident Visa Canada 2024
|UK Spouse Visa: Fees, Documents, Rules
|Can You Study in the USA with a B2 Visa?
|All About France Visa and Its Types
We hope you now understand the China student visa financial requirements. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!