Digital marketing is one of the top ten skills that companies are looking for. Digital marketing has grown in popularity with the introduction of the digital age and social media because it allows firms to quickly and inexpensively reach a bigger audience. Due to this reason, digital marketing as a course has become a popular choice among students as it promises a great employment rate and career opportunities.
In this article, we’ll discuss what digital marketing in the USA comprises and how to get started as one.
This Blog Includes:
- What is Masters in Digital Marketing?
- Why Study Masters in Digital Marketing in USA?
- Universities Offering Masters in Digital Marketing in USA
- Scholarships to Study Masters in Digital Marketing in USA
- Admission Process for Masters in Digital Marketing in USA
What is Masters in Digital Marketing?
Pursuing masters in digital marketing in USA can help you gain important skills required to become a digital marketing specialist. These skills include – creative and analytical skills, advanced knowledge of online marketing tools and strategies, critical thinking, great oral and written communication skills etc.
After completing a master’s in digital marketing in USA, students can work at job designations such as SEO specialists, SEM specialists, email marketers, social media marketers and strategists, content marketers, digital marketing specialists etc.
Also Read: Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing
Why Study Masters in Digital Marketing in USA?
If you are aspiring to be a part of the marketing world, then studying masters in digital marketing in USA can help you on both fronts, be it personal or professional. The digital marketing courses offered by the universities of the USA lead in the global rankings. This is the very reason that the demand for digital marketing courses in the USA is seeing exponential growth in terms of becoming popular among students.
Digital Marketing is quite a lucrative career option in terms of both salary and personal growth. Some of the facts that support this are-
- It is projected that by 2029, the digital marketing sector due to the high demand for digital marketers by businesses will employ around 18,000 to 19,100 people.
- According to trends, there has been massive spending in the area of digital marketing. This implies clearly that students with a high level of creativity, strong communication and computer skills can get the best job opportunities in the USA.
- Studying for a master’s in digital marketing in the USA can increase your chance of employment as experts suggest that graduates with a digital marketing degree have a high employment rate as compared to the students who have pursued MBA in the USA. Some universities have even stated an employment rate of 95% for digital marketing students.
- One of the reports stated that as much as 74% of employers treat degrees from the USA in great regard because of its global reputation. Therefore, needless to say, pursuing master’s in digital marketing in the USA can benefit you in getting great career opportunities in your home country as well.
Universities Offering Masters in Digital Marketing in USA
The following table represents some of the best universities to pursue a master’s in digital marketing in USA:
|Name of the University||QS Ranking 2023||Popular programs||Program Duration||Average Fees Per Year (in USD and INR)|
|University of Pennsylvania||13||BS in Marketing Management||3 years||USD 80,072.85
(INR 63.69 Lakhs)
|University of Illinois||19||Marketing in Our New Digital World
Digital Marketing Analysis
Digital Media and Marketing
|Certificate Course – 8 weeks||USD 3,840
(INR 3.06 Lakh)
|University of Southern California||67||MS in Digital Social Media||MS – 2 years||USD 63,840
(INR 51.02 Lakh)
|NYU Stern||30||MSc. Integrated marketing||2 years||USD 62,175.15
(INR 49.7 Lakh)
|Sacred Heart University||202||MS Digital Marketing||MS:1 year||USD 28,050
(INR 22.44 Lakh)
Scholarships to Study Masters in Digital Marketing in USA
The USA offers many scholarships to students to help them realize their dreams. Scholarships can be really helpful if you want to pursue your education and are facing some financial difficulties in paying your tuition fees or living expenses. So if you are planning to pursue master’s in digital marketing in the USA then you can surely consider the following list of some of the major scholarships that can help you realize your dream.
|Name of scholarships||Amounts (in USD and INR)|
|Asian women in business||$25000
INR 20.62 Lakh
|Global student scholarship||$1000
|RD Sethna Loan scholarship||$10000
INR 8.24 Lakh
|Western union foundation global scholarship program||$25000
INR 20.62 Lakh
|Self-score International scholarship||$5000
INR 4.12 Lakh
|Ivy parker memorial scholarship||$2000
INR 1.64 Lakh
INR 1.64 Lakh
Also Read: Digital Marketing Course Syllabus
Admission Process for Masters in Digital Marketing in USA
The admission process can be quite an overwhelming task for students. But having a clear strategy and the will to work for getting accepted can make this herculean task an easy one. Make sure if you are planning to study Masters in Digital Marketing in USA you stay updated with the important information of the universities and any other relevant updates.
Following are the basic eligibility criteria to get admission to Masters in Digital Marketing in USA-
- The universities in the USA ask for a four-year bachelor’s degree in a relevant course/subject. Applicants with three years bachelor’s degree are not considered.
- Since the USA is an English-speaking country, therefore, it requires international students to provide proof of English language proficiency by taking standardized tests like IELTS, TOEFL or PTE.
- The minimum GPA required by the universities of the USA is 3.0-4.0. This is equivalent to 83-86% and 7.5-8.5 on a CGPA scale of 10.
You can make the complicated admission process easy by reaching out to Leverage Edu:
- We will help you select your course through our trusted AI Course Finder.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with your application process at the respective university.
- Documents such as SOPs, Essays, LORs and IELTS, TOEFL etc. are an important part of your university application. So you’ll have to gather and compile all the necessary documents.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with the application process for accommodation, student visas, and scholarships/student loans after submitting your application and the required documents.
- The time has come to wait for your offer letter which usually takes around 4-6 weeks.
Following is the list of general documents that you would be required to study masters in digital marketing in USA:
- Marksheets/academic transcripts from your previous educational institutions
- Scores of English proficiency tests- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE etc.
- Scores of SAT/ACT are required for UG courses.
- Scores of GMAT/GRE are required for MBA.
- GRE for Master and Doctoral programs.
- Research proposal if the student is planning for a PhD.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendations (LORs)
- Other admission essays as required by the university. For example, many universities ask for video essays.
- One page (concise) Resume/CV
Ans. Australia- A$79,115 (INR 45.04 Lakh), Germany – Euro 52,930 (INR 47.11 Lakh), Norway – Euro 49,101 (INR 43.70 Lakh)
Ans. Universities like Stanford, Yale, New Haven, etc. offer full scholarships to students in order to help them realize their dreams without any financial hurdles.
Ans. It is not that difficult to get a USA study visa but you must spend a lot of time preparing all the required documents as it will be an important part of your study abroad journey.
Planning to study abroad? Then Leverage Edu can help you realize this dream as we will be helping you at each and every step. Register on our website or simply call us at 1800-572-000.