The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is open to professionals seeking a master’s degree in the field of development who have the necessary expertise. Many of the expenses associated with studying abroad are covered by the JJ/WBGSP. Moreover, recipients promise to return home and aid in the social and economic advancement of their own nation. The scholarship is open to women and men from developing countries who apply to master’s degree programmes in development-related fields and who have relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts.
|Scholarship Name||Joint Japan World Graduate Program|
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduates|
|Age Limit||45 years|
|Period of Scholarship Award||2 years|
|Website||JJ/WBGSP Participating Programs for 2023 – 2025 – World Bank|
This Blog Includes:
- Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Award
- Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Duration
- Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship: Application Procedure
- Application Guidelines
- Scholarship Country for the Joint Japan World Graduate Bank Scholarship Program
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Award
A completely financed scholarship for international students is the Japan Joint World Graduate Scholarship. For two years, all expenses will be covered, including
- Economy Class Air Travel from your home country to the host university.
- US $500 (INR 41,110) Extra for Each Trip.
- 100% of the cost of your Graduate Programme
- Medical Insurance
- Monthly sustaining a sum sufficient to cover all living costs (Accommodations, Food, etc., including Books)
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Duration
The Joint Japan World Graduate scholarships are offered for the two years duration of the graduate programme. The benefits of a Joint Japan World Graduate Scholarship include tuition fees, monthly living allowance, round-trip travel expenses, Health Insurance, and Travel Reimbursement.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more such updates!
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship: Application Procedure
The Joint Japan World Graduate Scholarship has a simple application process. We have jotted down all the steps to apply for this scholarship as well as the eligibility criteria and documents required.
Each year, the Joint Japan World Graduate Scholarship launches a call period during which candidates can submit applications for the scholarship. The application rules for the specific call you are applying for will include the following eligibility requirements.
Candidates must be:
- There is no nationality restriction, the men and women from Japan can apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates should be fit in terms of Health.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree and must have received their degree three years before the Application deadline.
- Candidates must have three or more years of work experience, after getting a bachelor’s degree, in a field associated with development.
How to apply?
You must have an unconditional offer letter for a master’s degree at one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred or partner programmes in order to be eligible to apply for a scholarship for the preferred programme.
- On the official website of the Joint Japan World Graduate Scholarship, under a list of programmes, the Master of Science in Urban Management and Development from IHS is mentioned.
- Applications for the Joint Japan World Graduate scholarship must be submitted online, along with two letters of recommendation from professionals and an unconditional offer from the programme the applicant wishes to enrol in.
- Please make sure that any documents sent through email or postal service will not be accepted in lieu of those submitted through the online application form. Multiple scholarship applications will result in disqualification for the applicant. Candidates who submitted applications for multiple master’s programmes must select just one.
To apply for Joint Japan World Graduate Scholarship following documents are required:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copy of your graduation degree
- 4 Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
You can also apply to Leverage Edu scholarships and win up to ₹ 3,00,000* to study in the UK, Canada & US
You must first apply and be unconditionally accepted for admission to at least one of the Participating Programs in order to be eligible for a Joint Japan World Graduate scholarship. You must upload an unconditional Letter of Acceptance from a participating Master’s Program in your Application.
Once the scholarship is available, applications are submitted online. Depending on the participating programme, there are 2 application windows:
• Application Window #1: JJWBGSP Participating Programs will accept applications from January 16 through February 28 at noon (Washington time).
• Application Window #2: The second application window will be open from March 27 through May 26 at noon Washington time.
Applications are being accepted for JJWBGSP Participating Programs through Window #2.
Visit the Application Guidelines official website (link provided below) as soon as possible for comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Country for the Joint Japan World Graduate Bank Scholarship Program
Countries for which Joint Japan World Graduate Scholarship provide scholarship are listed below in the tabular form:
|Countries||Africa, Japan, United States, Europe and Oceania|
|Business||World Bank Group|
|Financial Protection||Scholarship with full funding|
You have to meet all the eligibility requirements and application guidelines to grant Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program.
Candidates must have scored a minimum 3.0 out of 4.0 GPA in order to apply for the scholarship.
Joint Scholarship Programs are offered to certain disadvantaged groups within the framework of special themes in cooperation with Public Institutions and International Organizations.
International students can benefit from the assistance of consultation services. We at Leverage Edu are here to support students throughout the entire process, from submitting an application to getting admitted to the top university to locating a scholarship. Contact us immediately at 1800572000 for a 30-minute free counselling session.