The National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) is offering several scholarships to international students for the academic year 2023-24. These scholarships are essentially for master’s and doctoral students. Students who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the relevant scholarships. However, the benefits vary depending on the scholarship type. The deadline for the scholarship application is 24 November 2023. GRIPS excels at providing interdisciplinary education for public sector future leaders and conducting research. Therefore, the university is offering scholarships to outstanding applicants.
GRIPS Masters and PhD Scholarships Eligible Courses
Students pursuing master’s and Ph.D. scholarships are eligible for the scholarships allocated through GRIPS. Below is the list of courses that are eligible for the scholarships.
- One-year Master‘s Program of Public Policy (MP1)
- Two-year Master’s Program of Public Policy (MP2)
- Public Finance Program (PF)
- Maritime Safety and Security Policy Program
- Macroeconomic Policy Program (MEP) (One-year Program or Two-year Program) for externally funded or self-financed applicants only
- (MSP) for externally funded or self-financed international applicants only
- Five-year Ph.D. Program (minimum 3 years) in Policy Analysis Program (PA)
- Three-year Ph.D. Programs- GRIPS Global Governance Program (G-cube) or Science, Technology, and Innovation Policy Program (STI)
GRIPS Masters and PhD Scholarship Eligibility
GRIPS will determine the scholarship allocations on the basis of the eligibility criteria. The general eligibility requirements for the scholarship are as follows:
- For the Master’s Programs and Five-year Ph.D. Programs with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent are essential
- Similarly, for the three-year Ph.D. Programs the master’s degree or its equivalent is essential.
The detailed scholarship eligibility criteria is mentioned in the PDF Below:
GRIPS Masters and PhD Scholarship Benefits
The GRIPS Masters and PhD scholarship benefits vary on the basis of the level of the study and the scholarship program. Below is the list of the scholarships allocated through GRIPS.
|One-year Master’s Program of Public Policy (MP1) / Two-year Master’s Program of Public Policy (MP2)||Japanese Government (MEXT) ScholarshipAsian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP)|
|Public Finance Program (PF)(Customs)||Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme (Scholarship Programme)|
|Public Finance Program (PF)(Tax)||Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP)|
|Policy Analysis Program (PA) (5year)||Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship|
|GRIPS Global Governance Program (G-cube)||Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship|
|Science, Technology, and Innovation Policy Program (STI)||Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship|
|Disaster Management Program||ICHARM Research Assistantship|
Interested students can apply for the GRIPS Scholarships 2023-24 by visiting the official website of the University. Next, students can register online and submit the relevant documents for scholarship consideration. That is, submit SOP, LOR, research proposal, and WOC Nomination form. The deadline for the scholarship is 24 November 2023.