The Jagdish Bhagwati Fellowship is organised by Indian Government for Indian students who are interested in studying abroad at Columbia Law School. Columbia Law School offers Jagdish Bhagwati Fellowship to support students who are willing to pursue a specialisation in International Trade, Trade Law, Public Interest and Human Rights.
The school offers courses in various fields, co-taught by professors Jagdish Bhagwati (Economics) and Petros C. Mavroidis (Law). The Law School also provides other divisions of Columbia University as specialised seminars in trade law, international law and other related fields.
|Scholarship Name||Jagdish Bhagwati Fellowship|
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based, Need-Based and College Specific|
|Offered By||Indian Government|
|Number of Scholarships||Not applicable|
|Eligible for||International Students only|
This Blog Includes:
Awards for Jagdish Bhagwati Fellowship
The students who qualify Jagdish Bhagwati Fellowship will be awarded financial aid by the Government of India to study at Colombia Law School. The selection will be based on the academic background of the individual. Students who will get selected for the LLM program will be applicable for the Jagdish Bhagwati Fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria for Jagdish Bhagwati Fellowship
There are a few eligibility criteria that must be followed by each applicant before applying for the Jagdish Bhagwati Fellowship. The following eligibility criteria are mentioned briefly in the pointers given below:
- The student must hold a Law (a degree that states you are qualified to practise law in your jurisdiction).
- The students must have the offer letter from the Colombia Law School for the LLM program.
- The student must have experience of at least one year in Law practice.
The applicants who want to register for the Jagdish Bhagwati Fellowship must go through the details and important documents related to the application process given below. The requirements are as follows.
- The applicants must fill out and submit the application available on the official website of the university.
- The application must be submitted with all the supporting documents required in the selection process for the scholarship program.
- Students must give all the information and submit the application before the deadline.
Must Read: Quad Fellowship for STEM
Some of the documents are mandatory for the application for the Jagdish Bhagwati Fellowship. The following is the list given below for the students:
- Personal Statement
- All post-secondary transcripts and diploma certificate
- Letters of Recommendation (Two)
- TOEFL scorecard
After the students submit the application for the scholarship program, they have to wait for a response from the scholarship authority. The selection of the applicants will be based on multiple factors. The following factors are given below:
- The evaluation of the Personal Statement will be done by the authorities.
- The CV of the candidate will also play an important role in the selection of the candidate.
- Candidates must fill in all the relevant details in the personal statement which will increase the chances of their application selection.
- The students who get shortlisted for the selection will be called for an interview by the selection committee.
Terms and Conditions
There are a few terms and conditions set by the scholarship authorities. Students must go through the terms and conditions mentioned below before applying for the scholarship program:
- An applicant having any other Bachelor’s degree other than Law are not applicable for registration.
- Applicants who are in the final year of their degree will be accepted under exceptional cases.
- If you are an applicant in the final year of your graduate studies, your personal statement must demonstrate that you are willing to pursue your career goals immediately and you cannot wait for an additional year for the same.
- Having excellent English language skills is essential for admission to the Colombia Law School.
- The Colombia Law School considers on TOEFL scores of an individual as they want engagement with students in the Native English language in a proficient way.
- Students must be academically strong. The Colombia Law School wants its students to be able to keep up with the academic discourse followed.
Must Read: Fellowships in India
The scholarship is offered by Indian Government to Indian students to pursue Law.
Students will be awarded full or partial funding for the courses students are willing to pursue.
There are 3 fellowships available for students for each academic year.
If you are planning to study abroad in the upcoming intakes get in touch with our study abroad experts at 1800-57-2000. And stay tuned to our scholarships page for more information related to various scholarship schemes to study abroad.