The Duolingo English Test (DET) is one of the most widely recognized English proficiency tests in the world. The test is conducted online and can be taken from anywhere in the world. Due to its convenience, accessibility, and affordability, most students choose to take the DET exam today. The difficulty level of the exam ranges from moderate to high, so it may seem challenging for some to pass the exam on their first try. However, with adequate practice and preparation, you can easily ace the exam. Read the article to learn more about Duolingo exam preparation.
|Name of Exam||Duolingo English Test|
|Number of Attempts||3 (within a month)|
|Difficulty Level||Moderate to Tough|
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: SAT Scholarships
What is a Good Score in the Duolingo English Test?
A score of 110 in the DET exam is a good score. It is acceptable for admission to most universities abroad, and it demonstrates your English proficiency to university authorities and shows that you are able to communicate effectively with an international audience.
Top 5 Tips To Score Better in the Duolingo English Test
Students taking the Duolingo English Test for the first time may find the exam challenging. That’s why it’s important for students to prepare well for the exam. We’ve curated and shortlisted some of the best DET preparation tips and tricks for you to help you breeze through your exam prep and boost your chances of scoring better scores in the DET exam.
- Keeping abreast of the exam pattern will help you understand the exam’s requirements and what you need to do to score higher. This will also help you understand the types of questions that may be asked, the amount of time you should devote to each question, and the difficulty level you can expect when tackling each section.
- The more you solve sample papers, the more skilled you will become at solving even tricky questions. This will also improve your understanding of the exam and your overall speed and accuracy. It will help you feel more confident tackling more challenging questions and give you an idea of the question types and their difficulty levels.
- You can enhance your vocabulary by consuming more English content, such as newspapers, books, cinema, podcasts and so on. It will widen your grasp of the language.
- You can inculcate a habit of daily reading. It will help you comprehend the context in which specific terms are used. You will be able to grasp the meaning of those terms much more clearly this way. Another strategy to improve your overall English is to engage in everyday conversations with people who speak English. The more you converse in English, the better you will become at grasping the language’s intricacies.
- You must refer to grammar books to study and revise the fundamental grammatical principles. This will not only improve your grammar but also help you understand its correct application.
Also Read: CAT vs GMAT
Best Duolingo Preparation Books
It is important for students to refer to the best available books for DET preparation. When purchasing books, keep in mind the following:
- The books should be updated according to the latest curriculum and pattern.
- The information in the books should be up-to-date.
- The books should be authored by prominent authors.
- The books should include plenty of sample papers for practice.
To help clear your confusion, we have curated some of the best books that you can purchase to ace your DET exam.
Here are some of the best books for DET Exam preparation.
|Name of the Book||Author/Publisher||Price||Purchase Link|
|English for Everyone: English Grammar Guide: A Comprehensive Visual Reference||DK||INR 1789||Click Here|
|English Grammar & Composition Very Useful for All Competitive Examinations||S.C Gupta||INR 231||Click Here|
|Oxford Modern English Grammar||Bas Aarts||INR 1924||Click Here|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis||INR 84||Click Here|
Also Read: GATE vs GRE: Which is Better?
The Duolingo English Test is one of the most convenient and reasonably priced English proficiency tests available. It assesses your overall English speaking, reading, writing, and listening abilities. The difficulty level of the test ranges from moderate to high, so thorough preparation is essential.
Ans. A score of 110 is generally considered to be a good score for many foreign universities. You can easily achieve 110 or higher on the Duolingo English Test if you are familiar with the exam format, complete as many practice tests as possible, read more books, and improve your English writing skills.
Ans. The score range of the DET exam is 0 to 160.
Ans. The Duolingo English Test lasts for 1 hour.