Listen to the audio below and answer the following Detail Questions to boost your listening skills 👇.
This requires you to understand explicit details and facts.
Detail questions are typically phrased as follows:
• What is X?
• What resulted from the invention of the X?
• According to the professor, what is the main problem with the X theory?
What actions of human movement are made consciously?
a. Contracting muscle cells to focus your vision
b. Coordinating groups of muscles to breathe in and out
c. Moving food through your digestive tract after you have eaten
d. Contracting muscles to move your bones in order to walk
Tips to Remember
- These questions align with the main idea of the recording, and you should ensure that your chosen answer makes sense within the context of the main theme.
- Focus on important facts rather than extremely specific details like numbers or names.
- Do not choose an answer only because it contains some of the words that were used in the conversation or lecture.
- When selecting your answer, exercise caution to avoid being misled by false friends. False friends are answer choices that incorporate keywords from the passage in a manner that seems correct but is not. They can either directly contradict the information in the passage or simply not make sense in the context.
Are you preparing for TOEFL? Check out this video to improve your listening skills for the TOEFL exam given below👇.
Download the Leverage App today.
Need help to prepare for TOEFL? Check out the best TOEFL preparation courses in the market offered in a live training environment by trusted educators. If you want to ease your study abroad journey, then call us at 1800-572-000.