Masters in landscape architecture is a multidisciplinary course that spans 1-2 years. It focuses on the art of urban planning, architectural designing, park planning, and construction. As governments and citizens around the world continue to realize the importance of pleasing outdoor spaces, landscape architects find themselves in great demand. In this blog, we will explore the top universities offering this course, basic eligibility requirements, career scope, job options, and more.
|Name of the course||Masters in Landscape Architecture|
|Examination type||Semester system|
|Eligibility||A Bachelor’s degree in the same or related field|
|Job profiles||Artist, urban landscape designer, heritage consultant, landscape project manager, etc.|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Masters in Landscape Architecture?
- Studying masters in landscape architecture helps students in developing their creative design skills.
- This course offers a brilliant opportunity for students to contribute to designing, planning, and constructing aesthetic landscapes and beautiful cities.
- Masters in landscape architecture also allows students to acquire skills
- This course can increase your potential job opportunities ranging from fields like landscape architecture to environmental conservation and urban planning.
- Students get a chance to meet and collaborate with professional engineers, planners, and architects.
- By learning about different innovative design solutions, students pursuing a masters in landscape architecture learn how to solve complex challenges with ease.
Top 15 Universities to Study Masters in Landscape Architecture
Here is a list of universities around the world that offer masters in landscape architecture along with their qs rank and tuition fees.
|Name of the University||QS Rank||Course Name|
|UCL||9||Landscape Architecture MA|
|Harvard University Graduate School of Design||–||Master in Landscape Architecture I|
|Illinois Institute of Technology||469||Master of Landscape Architecture|
|The University of Manchester||32||MLA Master of Landscape Architecture|
|RMIT University||140||Master of Landscape Architecture|
|University of California Berkeley||10||Master of Landscape Architecture|
|The University of British Columbia||34||MASTER OF LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE (MLA)|
|The University of Melbourne||14||Master of Landscape Architecture|
|The University of Edinburgh||22||Landscape Architecture MLA|
|Texas A&M University||134||Master of Landscape Architecture|
|University of Oregon||721 – 730||Master of Landscape Architecture|
|UNSW Sydney||19||Master of Landscape Architecture|
|The University of Western Australia||72||Master of Landscape Architecture|
|University of Michigan||33||MASTER OF LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE|
Students seeking admission to master in landscape architecture must satisfy the eligibility criteria. Although it depends on the university and course, here is a general overview of the same:
- Interested candidates must have completed their 10+2 education from a recognized board.
- Students must obtain a bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture, interior design, or urban design field with at least 50-55% marks.
- Applicants must also clear an English Language Proficiency Test (Duolingo, TOEFL, IELTS) with the desired score.
Apart from satisfying the eligibility requirements, candidates are required to submit a few documents as part of their application. This includes:
- A filled university application form
- Academic transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation (LOR)
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of finances
- A valid passport and visa
- All academic transcripts
- Work experience (if any)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency tests
To get admission into masters in landscape architecture, here is what the entire application process might look like:
3. If you feel unsure about which university to shortlist, you can consider using Leverage Edu AI University Course Finder.
4. Once you have made the decision, create a new student profile on the university website.
5. Start filling the application form by simply entering the required personal and academic details.
6. After that, upload the documents required.
7. Double-check all the details and documents. Finally, pay the application fee as specified on your screen and submit your application.
Scholarships for International Students
|UCL||UCL Global Masters Scholarship||£15,000|
|The University of Melbourne||Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions||$20,000 – $16,000,000|
|The University of Edinburgh||Chevening Scholarships||–|
|UNSW Sydney||India Future of Change Scholarship||$10,000 per year|
|University of Melbourne||Graduate Research Scholarships||100% fee remission|
Career Scope in Masters in Landscape Architecture
Interestingly, the scope in masters in landscape architecture is wide all over the world. It opens doors to a world of exciting opportunities. Nowadays, people need skilled and professional architects to turn their dreams into reality. Graduates in this field can pursue different career paths such as designing urban parks, working with renowned architectural firms, becoming a licensed professional, urban planner, or taking the path to higher studies.
In simple words, the scope is vast and the possibilities are limitless. Owing to the growing emphasis on constructing aesthetic outdoor spaces, this course offers a promising future.
Jop Options After Masters in Landscape Architecture
Here are a few common job options that students generally pursue after completing masters in landscape architecture.
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Urban landscape designer||$85,752 – $107,500|
|Environmental manager||$685,632 – $84,532|
|Project manager||$77,696 – $87,696|
|Landscape architect||$74379 – $98800|
|Heritage consultant||$67,000 – $99,357|
|Urban designer||$67010 – $81,250|
Students who wish to pursue a masters in landscape architecture must fulfill the following eligibility criteria. This includes completing a bachelor’s degree in the same or related field with at least 50% marks.
Masters in landscape architecture cover a wide range of topics such as technical drawing, plants and their application, social factors in environmental design, cultural landscape, and so on. It should be remembered that the range of subjects covered under this course also depends on the university in which the student is currently enrolled.
Yes, as mentioned earlier, landscape architecture has a wide scope. Graduates of this field are generally involved with designing, planning, and management aspects of outdoor spaces.
This blog covers all the information you need to know about Masters in landscape architecture. If you have queries or suggestions, drop them in the comments below. For further help, our expert team at Leverage Edu is available to assist you. Drop us a call at 1800572000 today to get an absolutely free counseling session!