Candidates who are aiming to start their career in fashion and therefore are aiming to apply for fashion stylist jobs must check the guide below. Many types of fashion stylist jobs are available in the market such as designer, sales, merchandise, store manager, retail manager, technologist, etc. Candidates can apply for such jobs in foreign countries like Australia, Canada, France, Germany, etc. Check the guide below to know more about the eligibility, roles and responsibilities, skills, and education requirements for fashion stylist jobs.
This Blog Includes:
- Benefits of Fashion Stylist Jobs
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Fashion Stylist
- Types of Fashion Stylist Jobs
- Salary Offered for the Position of Fashion Stylist
- Employment Sectors for Fashion Stylist Jobs
- Skills Required to Get Fashion Stylist Jobs
- Top Countries Offering Fashion Stylist Jobs
- Part-Time Fashion Stylist Jobs
- Eligibility to Get Fashion Stylist Jobs
Candidates can also check The Essential Career Guide to Becoming a Fashion Stylist
Benefits of Fashion Stylist Jobs
There are many reasons to choose fashion stylist jobs. Check below the benefits of fashion stylist jobs:
- It is a creative and interesting work as the candidates do not have to sit at a computer, and type documents, so it is not a boring task at all.
- This job provides the opportunity to do work from home. People can work at flexible times.
- If the candidates have excellent English communication skills then they can work all over the world by staying at home.
- Fashion stylists can work in different areas such as they can conduct offline image consultations, personal shoppers, creating looks for designer models, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Fashion Stylist
Check below the roles and responsibilities assigned to a fashion stylist:
- In order to become a fashion stylist you will be required to work with fashion designers, tailors, models, photographers, hair and makeup retailers, artists, publicists, journalists, and public personalities.
- Fashion stylists are responsible for choosing the clothing and accessories for those associated with journalism, concerts, advertising, films, music videos and television shows.
- The stylists are required to conduct a detailed study on Fabrics, fashion accessories and clothing fabrication.
- They have to remain up to date on the latest trends and designs by attending various shows, showrooms of brands, and numerous events in the industry.
- They are required to develop professional relationships
Apart from fashion stylists, the candidates must also check Makeup Artist Courses: Requirements, Syllabus & Scope
Types of Fashion Stylist Jobs
The most common types of fashion stylist jobs that are available are:
- Personal Stylist Assistant
- Fashion Consultant
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Editor
- Fashion Illustrator
Salary Offered for the Position of Fashion Stylist
Check below the salary offered for the position of fashion stylist:
|$53,686 per year
|$57,352 per year
|Public Relations Manager
|$60,834 per year
|$64,944 per year
|$66,023 per year
|$67,216 per year
|$69,407 per year
Candidates can pursue the degree of Master of Fashion Management: Programs & Universities
Employment Sectors for Fashion Stylist Jobs
The following are a few sectors that employ a lot of fashion stylists.
- Personal design
- Fashion magazines
- Fashion shows, fashion houses
- Websites devoted to fashion
- Platforms for social media
- Fashion labels
- Brands of clothing
Skills Required to Get Fashion Stylist Jobs
To become a fashion stylist the candidates are required to possess some specific skills such as creative vision and a determined attitude. Check below the important skills to get fashion stylist jobs:
- Candidates should be well-versed in current fashion trends, companies, runway events, and labels.
- You should have the ability to alter one’s physical appearance and personality.
- Candidates are required to follow proper workplace ethics.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills.
- Fashion stylist aspirants should be ready to accept risks & should be dedicated to their job.
- Candidates are required to be well-versed in areas such as marketing and advertising.
- Students must possess Photoshop and Microsoft application skills.
Top Countries Offering Fashion Stylist Jobs
Check below the top countries offering fashion stylist jobs:
|€1K – €2K per month
|€1K – €2K per month
|447,700 CNY per year
|$56,742 per year
|£29,938 per year
|€1,863 per month
|$55,000 to $65,000 per year
|CHF 58 500 per year
Part-Time Fashion Stylist Jobs
Almost all fashion stylist jobs in India are full-time. Therefore, a part-time stylist will not get career opportunities. However, in the USA it is possible to find part-time stylist jobs. For example, Part-time stylist jobs are open in the Maurices company. A part-time stylist can earn approximately: $15.74 – $15.74 hourly wage in the USA.
Eligibility to Get Fashion Stylist Jobs
To get fashion stylist jobs the candidates satisfy all the requirements to enter the professional world. Here are the key criteria for becoming a fashion stylist.
- The candidate must have completed at least a bachelor’s degree.
- They must have an undergraduate or graduate degree in the field of design.
- The institution or college must be recognized by the UGC from where the candidate has completed their degree.
- The candidate must have scored a minimum of 45-50 per cent of the total marks in the qualifying degrees.
- If the aspiring candidate has any previous work experience, internships, or jobs related to this field then they will have an advantage.
Fashion stylists can work both full time and part time or they may also be self-employed. However, the number of hours and their schedules can vary. Some can work from 9 -5 or they may even work in the evenings and weekends or some may even do overtime.
Yes, they are not only required to travel for photoshoots or events but they may also need to travel to showrooms and also to meet clients for different projects.
The fashion stylists are paid 5 lakhs per annum annually on an average basis. The salary may include tips, bonuses, and overtime pay.
Yes. A fashion stylist is a desirable career but competitive career. Those with creativity and drive can find plenty of job opportunities. In India, fashion stylists earn approximately INR 1,21,000 per month.
This was all about the fashion stylist jobs. For more such blogs on jobs abroad, follow Leverage Edu.
You might also like to read: