Where are the world’s top colleges located? In a lot of countries in the world such as USA, UK and Canada. But also Greece! You will find highly regarded universities in Greece that stand shoulder to shoulder with some of the most prestigious brands in international higher education.
Greece’s universities, colleges, medical schools, engineering schools, and law schools are well-known and well-regarded in the academic and educational communities, and they continue to provide esteemed Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD courses for bright, ambitious adventurers like you. Feel free to select from some of the most demanding degrees offered by Greece’s top colleges.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study in Greece?
- Best Universities to Study in Greece
- Eligibility Criteria to Study in Greece
- Application Procedure to Study in Greece
- Documents Required to Study in Greece
- Visa Process to Study in Greece
- Cost of Studying in Greece
- Cost of Living in Greece
- Best Universities in Greece: Top Alumni
Why Study in Greece?
Here are some of the top-notch reasons to choose Greece as your Study abroad destination:
- You will enjoy a cost-effective way of living and free education.
- An opportunity to explore magnificent World Heritage Sites and enjoy gorgeous beaches.
- Your taste buds will be delighted by Greek meals and drinks.
- Respect the fidelity and hospitality of the Greeks.
- Enjoy the pleasant climate all year round.
Best Universities to Study in Greece
Check out these best universities in Greece:
|University Name||QS World Ranking 2023|
|University of Crete||#591 – #600|
|Aristotle University of Thessaloniki||#651 – #700|
|National Technical University of Athens||#422|
|University of Lonnina||#330|
|University of Thessaly||#964|
|National and Kapodistrian University of Athens||#422|
|University of Patras||#801 – #1000|
|University of the Aegean||#1022|
|Athens University of Economics and Business||#1001 – #1200|
University of Crete
The University of Crete is one of the top-notch universities in Greece with 16 departments that provide undergraduate and graduate degree programmes with a wide choice of required and elective courses leading to specialities in each field, as well as doctoral research and research training (PhD). Many conferences, seminars, short courses, summer schools, public talks, lifelong learning programmes, and other activities scheduled throughout the year coexist with the degree programmes.
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
The strategic goals of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, as outlined in its vision and mission, are to be a leading institution that stands out among numerous Greek and foreign universities on all fronts, including education, research, culture, and connections to society. The Aristotle University of Thessaloniki offers a large number of postgraduate study programmes, some of which are interdepartmental and interinstitutional as well as some of which work with other universities in Greece and overseas. The Inter-University Center for Recognition of Foreign Academic Titles is the proper entity for recognising a foreign university degree.
National Technical University of Athens
The National Technical University of Athens is set up to train engineers in accordance with the continental European system, with a focus on a strong foundation. After obtaining 300 credit units, it takes five years to complete the coursework required for a Master’s degree. Because of its well-organized educational and research system, the calibre of its staff and students, and the sufficiency of its technical infrastructure, NTUA is able to produce valuable work and maintain an excellent reputation on a global scale. Graduates of NTUA played a crucial role in both pre-and post-war reconstruction in Greece. According to common consensus, the graduate engineers working for public and private technical services and businesses were and are on a level with their European colleagues. Numerous people have been chosen for prestigious teaching and research positions at renowned universities throughout the world.
University of Lonnina
It is a private higher education institution that expanded quickly in the following years. There are currently 13,523 undergraduate students enrolled in 17 academic Departments at the University of Ioannina. At the Master’s and Doctoral levels, there are a variety of organised postgraduate study programmes available that mix taught and research components. While 2,217 students are now pursuing their doctoral degrees, another 1,300 students are enrolled in full-time study programmes leading to a Master’s degree. It is considered to be one of the best universities in Greece.
University of Thessaly
The University of Thessaly is currently the third-largest university in Greece, with 37 Departments and 8 schools. It has a distinct character and holds a significant place in our country’s educational system. Thessaly University offers 105 undergraduate and graduate programmes, as well as extracurricular modules in specialised business and research disciplines. According to international standards, it is renowned for its remarkable scientific accomplishments and good research performance. Numerous skilled researchers work in the superbly equipped Laboratories of the various Departments and Research Units.
Eligibility Criteria to Study in Greece
Below mentioned is the Eligibility Criteria to Study in Greece for Bachelor’s and Masters’s Programs:
- Minimum GPA from a recognized university school
- English language proficiency test ( PTE Academic, TOEFL, C1 Advanced, IELTS)
- Certificate in Greek for all Bachelor’s degrees. Greek language proficiency is a requirement for all undergraduate students at Greek universities. If you are accepted to a Bachelor’s programme but do not speak Greek, you must complete 1 -a year preparation programme.
- Bachelor’s degree from a university that is recognised
- You require a minimum of two to four years of professional experience (this is only to apply for MBA programmes)
- GMAT scores of at least 500 English language proficiency certificates (C1 Advanced, TOEFL, PTE Academic, IELTS) with a minimum score of 7 in all bands (applies mainly to MBAs)
- On a scale of 1 to 10, a minimum of 7.5 grade points.
Application Procedure to Study in Greece
In order to apply for higher education in Greece, here is the application process to apply for the same:
- Candidates must choose a program that they want to pursue on the basis of that check out the admission requirements for the program they want to apply for.
- Get ready with all the necessary documents including SOP, LOR, Resume or CV, Passport and also passport size photograph.
- Candidates must have their English Proficiency test scores including the scores of TOEFL and IELTS.
- After following the above-mentioned steps candidates can now submit the application.
- In the end, apply for the Greek Study Visa the process for applying Visa is mentioned below, you can refer to that.
Documents Required to Study in Greece
In order to study at the best universities in Greece, get ready with the aforementioned documents mentioned below:
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- English Proficiency Test Scores: IELTS or TOEFL
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Valid Passport
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- SAT exam score (Some universities consider the SAT scores)
- 2 passport-size photographs
- Attestation letters: minimum of two
Visa Process to Study in Greece
You will need to submit a paper application if you want to get a student visa for Greece. However, you must confirm that you are a qualified applicant for the visa before submitting your application. This is the procedure for obtaining a student visa to study at the best universities in Greece:
Downloading the Greece student visa application form is a good place to start.
- Print the form, then complete it.
- Gather all the necessary paperwork in accordance with the specified checklist.
- Include some recent pictures as well.
- Send the documents and the application to the Greek Embassy.
- At the time of submission, make the necessary payment.
Cost of Studying in Greece
The estimated cost of studying in Greece is Euro 1500 (INR 1,35,508) to Euro 2000 (INR 1,80,677). Both public and private universities can be found in Greece, and they both provide a wide variety of study programmes at all levels of higher education.
Cost of Living in Greece
The average cost of living in Greece is Euro 890 (INR 80,359) to Euro 1000 (INR 90,291)
|Rent||Euro 579 (INR 52.3K)|
|Groceries||Euro 205 (INR 18.5K)|
|Entertainment||Euro 356 (INR 32.1K)|
|Basic Amenities||Euro 107 (INR 9.6K)|
Best Universities in Greece: Top Alumni
Below listed are some of the Top Alumni from universities in Greece:
- Lydia Kavraki
- Nikos Kyrpides
- Yannis Hamilakis
- Emmanouil Dermitzakis
- Panagiota Fatourou
- Eleftherios Goulielmakis
Ans. The National Technical University of Athens is one of the best universities to study in Greece.
Ans. Greece provides high-quality and inexpensive education. Also excellent career opportunities.
Ans. Yes, Greece is an affordable destination for International students.
We have covered everything for students planning to study in Greece. If you are looking forward to study abroad at any of the above-mentioned universities in Greece then call our Leverage Edu experts for assistance. For more information regarding the admission process, the application process and documentation requirements call us at 1800572000 immediately for a 30-minute free counselling session.