BBA in New Zealand is a three-year undergraduate degree that trains a student in business management. It includes subjects such as Accountancy, finance, marketing, human resources, and operations. The course is perfect for students who want to become entrepreneurs or managers. Students of BBA in New Zealand acquire several business skills such as digital proficiency, financial data interpretation, customer satisfaction, and psychological insights. New Zealand is home to 8 global universities and holds 7th world rank for its education system. Hence, the country is one of the most preferred destinations to study BBA. Keep reading to know more about BBA in New Zealand’s scope, salary, fees, requirements, and more.
|Course Name||Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)|
|Eligibility Requirement||12 years of school education|
|Popular Universities||Digital business manager, Accountant, Economist, and Project manager, among others|
|Documents Required||SOP, LOR, Visa, and IELTS/TOEFL score|
|Jobs after BBA||Digital business manager, Accountant, Economist, Project manager, among others|
|Top Recruiters||Design Line, KPMG, Aurora Energy, etc|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study BBA in New Zealand?
There are several reasons a student should choose to pursue a BBA in New Zealand. Some of these reasons are as follows:
- Home to 8 universities that come under QS World Ranking 2023.For example, the University of Auckland, Massey University, University of Otago, and University of Waikato.
- Offers cost-effective, and affordable BBA program. Moreover, the degree is globally recognised.
- New Zealand has a low crime rate and is the world’s cleanest livable country
- Students can work part-time and can apply for a post-study work permit
Also read: Study in New Zealand for Indian Students
BBA in New Zealand: Eligibility Criteria
The general eligibility requirement for BBA in New Zealand is as follows:
- Academic requirement– Complete 12 years of school education and meet the academic qualifications listed by the university.
- English requirement- International students who have English as a second language need to prove their proficiency for the same. For this, the student can clear the IELTS( 6/9) TOEFL (85-90)exam.
- Visa requirement: A New Zealand visa is required to study abroad. To be eligible for the visa the student needs to submit proof of financial support, proof of acceptance to the university, health proof, and character proof.
- Statement of Purpose: A statement of purpose is written by the student explaining the reason he/she wants admission to the university.
- Letter of Recommendation: Lor or Letter of Recommendation is written by the professor/coach of the student recommending the student to the university. A minimum of 2-3 LOR is required to be submitted by the student to the university.
Below is the list of the eligibility requirements of AUT New Zealand for BBA. Eligibility requirements may vary depending on the university.
- To be eligible for BBA a student must have cleared high school from CBSE, CISCE, ISCE, AISSC, or Indian state boards such as Karnataka, West Bengal State Board Examination. Apart from that, a student must also secure an overall score of 75% in 4 subjects including a minimum score of 60% in English.
- Students from other state boards in India need to score a total of 80% in 4 subjects including 65% in English
- Moreover, a student is required to clear a university entrance exam or equivalent.
Top Universities to Study BBA in New Zealand
Here is a list of the top universities to study BBA in New Zealand.
|University Name||QS World Ranking 2023||Average Annual Fees|
|University of Waikato||401-500||15.6 lakh|
|AUT University||486||23.3 lakh|
|Auckland Institute of Studies||=63||24.2 lakh|
|Massey University||292||22.6 lakh|
|Wellington Institute of Technology||236||10.5 lakh|
|Open Polytechnic of New Zealand||87||10.5 lakh|
|Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology||8689||15.3 lakh|
Also read: Top Colleges & Universities in New Zealand
The admission process for BBA in New Zealand is as follows.
- Choose the BBA degree on the AI Course Finder.
- Leverage Edu experts will assist the student to start the application process
- Submit SOPs, LORs, IELTS, and TOEFL scores
- The application process for student visa, accommodation, and scholarships will be started.
- Finally, the student needs to wait for the offer letter which will take around 4-6 weeks.
The main documents required for admission are as follows. Students applying for the BBA need to submit these documents.
- Submit academic Transcripts and updated resume
- A copy of the passport, Visa needs to be submitted
- Proof of financial security and an updated resume also need to be submitted
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores, Letter of Recommendations, and Statement of Purpose
Also read: Study in New Zealand for Indian Students
Syllabus of BBA in New Zealand
The syllabus for BBA in New Zealand for the University of Waikato is as follows. Apart from these core courses a student a take up one or two minor subjects. Note- A minor subject is worth 4 papers with 60 points. Moreover, a student has the option to replace the 9th major paper with Work Integrated Learning papers in the final year.
|BBA Required Fundamental Papers|
|Accounting for Management|
|Introduction to Finance|
|Business Economics and the New Zealand Economy|
|Digital Business and Supply Chain Management|
|Introduction to Management|
|Fundamentals of Successful Marketing|
|Work Integrated Learning Papers|
|School of Accounting, Finance and Economics: Management Internship/ Report of an Investigation|
|School of Management and Marketing: Management Internship/Report of an Investigation|
Choose the Major
These are the major subjects under BBA that a student can choose from:
|BBA Major Subjects|
|Human Resource Management|
|Supply Chain Management|
|Tourism and Hospitality Management|
Scholarships to Study BBA in New Zealand
Some of the popular scholarships a student needs to study abroad are as follows:
- Scholarships for international tertiary students
- Therle Drake Postgraduate Scholarships 2023
- He Whenua Taurikura Postgraduate Scholarships
- Vice Chancellor`s International Excellence Scholarship
- International First Year Scholarship
Jobs and Salary
Here is a list of jobs that a student can apply for after graduation from BBA in New Zealand.
|Designation||Average Annual Salary|
|Accountant||NZ$ 75,000/ INR 38. 92 lakh|
|Digital business manager||NZ$ 90,000/ INR 46.70 lakh|
|Economist||NZ$ 112,931/ INR 58.60 lakh|
|Human resources||NZ$ 88531/ INR 45.94 lakh|
|Operations manager||NZ$ 82835/ INR 42. 99 lakh|
|Project manager||NZ$ 1,15,000/ INR 60 lakh|
|Tourism or hospitality manager.||NZ$177,000 / INR 91.87 lakh|
Here is a list of the top recruiters for BBA in New Zealand.
|Fisher & Paykel|
|Port of Tauranga|
Graduates of BBA in New Zealand can either go for higher education. They can also apply for a starting position in several firms. Some of the career fields a student can apply for our accountant, banker, business consultant, business analyst, customer experience manager, digital business manager, economist, entrepreneur, financial advisor, human resources advisor, international trade advisor, logistics/Supply chain manager, marketing manager, operations manager, policy analyst, systems analyst, project manager, taxation advisor, and tourism or hospitality manager.
The average annual fee to study BBA in New Zealand is around NZ$20,000 – NZ$35,000 (INR 10 lakh to INR 18 lakh) per annum.
Most popular degrees in New Zealand include a Bachelor of Design Innovation (BDI) and a Postgraduate Diploma in Forestry, among others.
Yes. New Zealand is a great place to study business studies. New Zealand universities offer an excellent education to students. Moreover, students would be studying at some of the best B-schools in the world.
In Conclusion, BBA is an excellent degree students can choose to study in New Zealand. To be eligible for BBA in New Zealand students need to clear the 12th examination with a minimum of 75% overall score from a recognised university. Moreover, they would need to clear the university entrance examination. Some of the popular universities to apply for BBA in New Zealand are the University of Waikato and AUT University. Graduates of this course can choose between several career fields such as accountant, economist, and human resource manager, among others. To discover more articles like this one, visit the study abroad experts at Leverage Edu.