Are you a B.Tech student studying in a government college in India? Do you want to get financial assistance to pursue your engineering degree? If yes, then you should apply for the Yashad Sumedha Scholarship 2023. This blog will tell you everything you need to know about the scholarship, such as the last date, eligibility, online application process, documents required, and contact details. Read on to find out how you can apply for this scholarship and get a chance to fulfill your dreams.
|Scholarship Name||Yashad Sumedha Scholarship|
|Conducted by||Yashad Sumedha Organization|
|Eligibility||Students studying in the first semester of B.Tech in any government college.|
|Rewards||INR 20,000 per annum|
This Blog Includes:
Sumedha Scholarship 2023: Overview
The Yashad Sumedha scholarship is a joint initiative of the Yashad Sumedha Organisation and Hindustan Zinc Limited, Udaipur, to support meritorious and needy students enrolled in the first semester of B.Tech in any government college. It covers students belonging to these five districts of Rajasthan: Udaipur, Rajsamand, Chittorgarh, Bhilwara, and Ajmer.
The scholarship aims to promote technical education and empower students from economically weaker sections of society. The selected students will receive a scholarship of INR 20,000 per annum till they complete their B.Tech degree with the first division. It also gives preference to students belonging to BPL families, orphans, single-parent-child, and girls.
Sumedha Scholarship 2023: Eligibility Criteria
Apart from supporting students during college, Sumedha Scholarship also prepares a list of talented but poor students enrolled in different government schools in Rajasthan. To claim the scholarship, the applicant must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be in the first semester of pursuing their B.Tech.
- The applicant must be a resident of any of the following districts: Udaipur, Rajsamand, Chittorgarh, Bhilwara, and Ajmer
- The applicant must have scored more than 75% marks in the 12th standard (an applicant having a lower percentage can also be considered if they meet the preference criteria).
- The applicant must have a cumulative family income of less than INR 2 lakh per annum.
- Applicants already getting assistance need to secure first-division marks to continue their scholarship.
The Yashad Sumedha organization also has preference criteria to identify and approve applicants for the scholarship. Students belonging to any of these categories are eligible for the Sumedha scholarship:
- Students having a single parent.
- BPL (Below Poverty Line) students
- Orphan students
- Obtained percentage.
Among the above criteria, girls are given priority over other categories.
Application Process for Sumedha Scholarship 2023
The application process for the Sumedha Scholarship is conducted online as well as offline. Applicants must complete the following steps to have access to the scholarship:
- Go to the official website of the Yashad Sumedha Organisation.
- Fill out the application form online.
- Print out a hard copy and submit it with the relevant documents to your college or send them to this address: 5, Keshav Vihar, Gopalpura Bypass Road, Jaipur.
- After verifying all the information, the college will send the details to the organization for further processing.
The link for applying online for the scholarship will activate on August 2023, and the list of candidates shortlisted will be uploaded on the official website by October 2023. For further details, students can contact the organization via phone (91-141-2761191) or email.
Applicants must have the following documents ready for verification to get access to Sumedha Scholarship:
- Self-attested copies of their 10th and 12th marksheets.
- Five passport-size photographs of the applicant.
- A copy of PPO (Pension Payment Order), if applicable.
- Income certificate
- A copy of the BPL card, if applicable.
- Death certificate, if applicable
- A copy of the bank’s passbook
- A copy of the fee receipt
- A copy of the Ration Card
A. Students fulfilling the following criteria are considered eligible for the Sumedha scholarship:
A resident of any of the following districts: Udaipur, Rajsamand, Chittorgarh, Bhilwara, and Ajmer.
In the first semester of pursuing their BTech.
Having more than 75% marks in 12th standard.
Having a cumulative family income of less than INR 2 lakh per annum.
Scoring first division marks (for students already covered under scholarship).
A. Students in the first semester of their BTech course can apply for a Sumedha scholarship.
A. The Yashad Sumedha scholarship program is a joint initiative of the Yashad Sumedha Organisation and Hindustan Zinc Limited for supporting meritorious and needy students.
We hope you got all the information regarding the Sumedha Scholarship 2023. Want to know about more such scholarships to study in India? Then stay tuned to Leverage Edu!