Hi kids, it’s Professor Owl🦉. And it’s time for yet another piece of wisdom on wisdom! Confused? Well, I am talking about the TSP Scholarship launched by the Government of West Bengal for its students. Doesn’t matter if you’re in 11th standard or pursuing your PhD, this scheme has something for everyone. Dive in to know more!
The Talent Support Program or TSP Scholarship is an annual scholarship program started by the West Bengal Government. This scheme aims to support the students belonging to the minority communities in the state. Funded by the West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation, it awards eligible students INR 2,550-4,900, depending on their course level. So let’s discover all about this amazing opportunity, including its last date, eligibility criteria and application process.
|Scholarship Name||Talent Support Program Scholarship|
|Beneficiaries||Students from West Bengal belonging to minority communities|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students who scored less than 50% marks in their last Board/University exam|
|Scholarship Amount||From INR 2,550 – INR 4,900|
|Application Deadline||31 October 2023|
|Scholarship Duration||1 year|
This Blog Includes:
🗓️TSP Scholarship 2023: Last Date
The last date to apply for the TSP Scholarship, whether fresh or renewed, is 31 October 2023. Here are some other important dates regarding this scholarship to help you keep track of your application:
|Scholarship Announcement||December 2023|
|Scholarship Disbursement||January 2024|
📌TSP Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria
For the academic year 2023-24, the TSP Scholarship has set out the following eligibility criteria to help students from minority communities achieve their academic goals:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The applicant must belong to any one of these minority groups: Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Sikh, Parsi & Jain.
- The applicant must have secured less than 50% marks in their last Board/University examination.
- The applicant must be pursuing classes/courses from Class 10 to PhD level.
- The applicant’s parent/guardian’s income must not exceed INR 2 lakh.
- The applicant must be pursuing a regular, full-time course of study.
- Only 2 applicants from a family can apply for this scholarship.
- The applicant must not be benefiting from any other scholarship program.
💻How to Apply?
If you fulfill the above eligibility criteria and wish to apply for TSP scholarship for the year 2023-24, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the scholarship’s official website.
- Click on “New Registration” for fresh registration.
- Register yourself using your personal details and obtain a username and password.
- Login to the portal and click on “Apply for Scholarship”.
- Select your scholarship intent (fresh application or scholarship renewal).
- Fill out the application form with all the relevant details and documents.
- Submit the application form and note down your permanent ID for reference.
- Download the application form, print and submit it to your educational institution along with the required documents for verification.
- If your application is approved, the scholarship amount will be disbursed to your designated bank account.
Note: You can track the status of your application by logging in to the portal and entering your Permanent Registration ID.
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Copy of Bank passbook with Account No/ IFSC Code
- Mark-sheet of last qualifying examination
- Domicile of West Bengal Certificate
- Applicant’s Annual Income Certificate of Family
- Recent passport-size photograph
- Minority certificate (Issued by a competent authority)
💸TSP Scholarship: Rewards
If selected for the TSP Scholarship, students receive a range of monetary support for 1 year depending on their financial need and academic record. Given below are the amounts that students receive based on the courses they are enrolled in:
|Class 11-12||INR 2,550|
|Graduate courses||INR 4,880|
|Postgraduate courses||INR 4,900|
To clear any further queries regarding the TSP scholarship, you can contact the respective authorities through the following mediums:
For Message – 8017071714
For Call (Toll-free) – 1800 -120-2130
Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Owl🦉- “That was an interesting read, wasn’t it? I hope that you got all the information you were looking for about this scholarship. And I’ll make sure to keep you updated on any new changes that come through. If you still have any queries, I’ll be waiting in the comment section below.”
Ans. To be eligible for the TSP Scholarship 2023-24, you must:
1. Be a resident of West Bengal, India
2. Belong to a minority community (Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Jain, or Parsi)
3. Have secured less than 50% marks in your previous examination
4. Be enrolled in an accredited college or university
5. Have a family income of less than or equal to INR 2 lakhs per year
Ans. Depending on the student’s year of study and financial need, they receive the following amount through this scheme:
1. For Class 11-12 students – INR 2,550
2. For graduate students – INR 4,880
3. For postgraduate students – INR 4,900
Ans. The last date to apply for the TSP scholarship is 31 October 2023.
Ans. The application process for the TSP Scholarship 2023-24 is online. You can apply through the WBMDFC website.
We hope that this blog covers everything regarding the TSP Scholarship 2023. Discover more scholarships to study in India by subscribing to Leverage Edu today. Thank you for reading!