Education is the only weapon in the world that builds, empowers and helps every individual in society to realise and achieve their aspirations. The Aam Aadmi Yojana Scholarship is yet another step taken by the Government of India in that direction: to help students from poor and rural backgrounds pursue higher education and achieve their academic goals. This blog will cover all the details about this scholarship, such as its eligibility criteria, benefits, and how to apply for it. Read on to know more!
|Scheme name||Aam Aadmi Yojana Scholarship|
|Launch date||October 2, 2007|
|Eligibility Criteria||Children of the beneficiaries of the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY) studying in 9th-12th standard|
|Scholarship Benefit||Rs. 100 per month for each child of the insured (up to a maximum of two children)|
|Claim procedure||Submission of proof of schooling along with the claim form to the LIC branch office or any other authorized office.|
This Blog Includes:
Aam Aadmi Yojana Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria
Part of the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY), the Aam Aadmi Yojana Scholarship is an add-on benefit for the children of the beneficiaries of the former scheme. The AABY is a social security scheme that was launched on 2 October 2007 to provide life insurance and disability benefits to rural landless farmers and other occupational groups. To avail of this scholarship, the applicant must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant’s parent must be insured under the AABY scheme.
- The applicant must be enrolled in 9th-12th standard in a government/government-recognized school.
- The applicant must have scored at least 50% marks in their previous exams.
- The applicant must not be enrolled in any other scholarship.
Under the Aam Aadmi Yojana Scholarship, the children of the beneficiaries of the AABY receive Rs. 100 per month. A maximum of two children from a family are insured under this scheme. This scheme allows the students to continue their education and pursue their career goals, reducing the financial strain on the parents and encouraging them to send their children to school.
To apply for the Aam Aadmi Yojana Scholarship, being covered under the AABY scheme is only one of the conditions. Applicants need to apply separately for the scholarship by following the steps given below:
- Fill up an application form available at the LIC branch office or any other authorized office.
- Attach a copy of all the necessary and relevant documents required.
- Submit the filled application form along with the required documents before the deadline to the LIC branch office or any other authorized office.
Before applying for the Aam Aadmi Yojana Scholarship, applicants must have the following documents ready:
- Application form (filled)
- AABY policy document
- Proof of identity (such as Aadhar card, voter ID card, etc.)
- Proof of address (such as ration card, electricity bill, etc.)
- Proof of income (such as income certificate, BPL card, etc.)
- Proof of schooling (such as school ID card, bonafide certificate, etc.)
- Mark sheet of the previous examination
How to Claim the Aam Aadmi Yojana Scholarship?
Since the Aam Aadmi Yojana Scholarship is automatically applicable on the AABY beneficiaries’ wards, here’s how they can claim this scheme:
- The beneficiary should submit a claim form along with schooling proof to the LIC branch office or any other authorized office within six months from the payment’s due date.
- The claim form needs to be certified by the school’s headmaster or principal where the beneficiary is currently enrolled.
- The claim amount is transferred to the beneficiary’s or their parent/guardian’s bank account through electronic mode.
Aam Aadmi Yojana Scholarship: Deadline
The deadline for applying for the Aam Aadmi Yojana Scholarship is June 30 for the July payment and December 31 for the January payment. The applicants are advised to submit their applications well in advance to avoid any delay or rejection.
The Aam Aadmi Yojana Scholarship is a commendable initiative by the Government of India to promote education among the underprivileged sections of society. The scholarship not only provides financial assistance to the students but also motivates them to excel in their studies and achieve their dreams. The scholarship is easy to apply and claim and has wide coverage and reach. It is a boon for the rural and unorganized sector workers and their families, who can now hope for a better future.
Ans. The head of the family or the earning member of the family between 18 and 59 years of age is eligible to apply for Aam Aadmi Yojana Bima insurance coverage.
Ans. Here are the benefits of Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana provided for different life circumstances:
Natural death – Rs. 30,000
Accidental death – Rs. 75,000
Partial disability/permanent disability due to an accident – Rs. 37,500
The scheme also provides a scholarship benefit to the children of the insured in case of the death of the insured.
Ans. Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana is a government scheme that focuses on providing affordable life insurance coverage to the unorganized sector of the population in India. Launched in 2007 and administered by the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), the scheme targets those who work in unorganized sectors like agriculture, fishery, dairy, handloom, construction, and other similar occupations.
We hope that this blog provides you with all the information regarding the Aam Aadmi Yojana Scholarship. If you have any queries or suggestions, please feel free to comment below. Thank you for your time and attention! To discover more scholarships to study in India, keep following Leverage Edu.