The MOM full form is Minutes of the Meeting. It is a written record of a business meeting. This document is prepared to compile all the important information about the official discussion. A person is delegated the responsibility of taking notes about the action points discussed during the meeting. This designated person is usually known as the executive assistant. However, each member of the discussion also prepares her/their/his MOM to keep a tab on future tasks. This practice is very common in the corporate sector where each employee has to be on her/their/his toes to excel in her/their/his respective roles.
How to Record MOM?
Here are some of the basic steps to record MOM effectively:
- Pre-Planning: This step includes deciding on the meeting’s agenda, sending invites to all relevant employees, determining the mode of record preparation, and designating an individual to prepare MOM.
- Record Taking: It is the second step in which the designated person takes notes using electronic or physical mode. They/she/he must ensure that MOM is prepared with accuracy and clarity.
- Writing the minutes
- Sharing the minutes of the meeting via electronic or physical means.
- Storing of MOM for future reference.
Also Read: Strength and Weakness in Job Interviews 2023
Contents of MOM
The minutes of the meeting must include the following:
- Date, day, and time of the scheduled meeting
- Names of attendees (Present and Absent ones)
- Changes made to the previous MOM which are referred to in the current discussion
- Decisions made or tasks allocated regarding each aspect of the meeting agenda
- The future course of action
- Important takeaways of the discussion
Other MOM Full Form
Other full forms of MOM are as follows:
- Mars Orbiter Mission (India)
- Manufacturing Operations Management (Manufacturing Units)
- Man of the Match (Cricket)
- Microsoft Operations Manager (Computer)
This was all about the Full Form of MOM. Visit our Full FormPage to discover more intriguing articles about full forms. You can also get a consolidated list of 300+ full forms here! Get in touch with the experts at Leverage Edu in order to kickstart your study abroadjourney!