Just like how traditional architects used blueprints to develop structures, the data architects are responsible for designing the blueprints that the business will use for its data management system. Apart from drafting a data management framework to meet the technology as well as business requirements while ensuring proper data security and regulations. The data architects work in numerous industries such as healthcare, the technology sector, government, and entertainment. In this blog, we will discuss how you can become a data architect in India as well as the best ways to build your career.
This Blog Includes:
- Who is a Data Architect?
- Why Do Businesses Need Data Architects?
- What Skills Do You Need to Become a Data Architect?
- Best Colleges in India to Pursue Data Architect Course
- How Can You Become a Successful Data Architect?
- Job Prospects and Salary
Who is a Data Architect?
Data architects are one of the most renowned IT professionals who depend on computer science as well as their design skills so that they can analyze and review the data infrastructure of a business, implement numerous solutions, and plan the future of the databases for the users and the company.
As almost every company depends on data items, a data architect can work in different sectors such as entertainment, technology, finance health care, and government.
Relevant Read: Post-Graduate Diploma in Big Data Analytics
Tasks and Responsibilities of a Data Architect
The tasks and responsibilities of a data architect will depend on their designation. Depending on the industry and organization, you might need to handle different tasks such as:
- Translate the requirements of the business into data warehouses, databases, and data streams.
- Create the necessary procedure to make sure accessibility and data accuracy.
- Plan, analyse and define the framework of the data architect including reference data, security, master data, and metadata.
- Create and implement the proper data management processes as well as procedures
- Research the proper opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop APIs to retrieve the data items.
Why Do Businesses Need Data Architects?
In the modern business world, an organization cannot survive without data items. There are various reasons why an organization needs a data architect to maintain the proper workflow of the company. The reasons are:
- The data architects are responsible for handling the raw data items and converting them into a proper structure.
- They can help businesses understand the meaning of the data items more accurately.
- They make the data items more private as well as secure.
- They support the intelligence activities of businesses.
- They can help with proper data management processes.
Relevant Read: How to Become Data Engineer?
What Skills Do You Need to Become a Data Architect?
If you want to become a successful data architect, you need to make sure you’re developing essential technical skills as well as non-technical skills. These skills will undoubtedly prove extremely beneficial in your professional career path. Here are the skills you should develop in order to become a data architect:
- Data warehousing
- Non-relational and relational databases
- User interface
- DBMS such as MS SQL Server
- Agile methodologies
- ETL Tools
- ETL Tools
- C, C++, Java, Python, Perl
These are the technical skills you need. On the other hand, here are the crucial non-technical skills you should consider to become a successful data analyst:
- Proper communication skills so that you can collaborate and build relationships with others within your department.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to protect the organisation, data integrity, and data security.
- Proper time management skills
- Business skills as well as proper business methods. You also need to pay close attention to the business processes, business cases, strategic planning, etc.
Relevant Read: Data Science Course
Best Colleges in India to Pursue Data Architect Course
Here’s the list of the top colleges in India from where you can pursue your data architecture course. Here’s a table that contains both the private as well as government colleges.
|Goa Institute of Management||INR 17 Lakh|
|MATS University, Raipur||INR 1.5 Lakh|
|DIT University, Dehradun||INR 12.15 Lakh|
|Universal Business School, Mumbai||INR 11.94 Lakh|
|IIT Dhanbad||INR 1.75 Lakh|
|IIT Shillong||INR 60,000|
|IIT Kashipur||INR 60,000|
|IIT Amritsar||INR 25,000|
How Can You Become a Successful Data Architect?
As the data architect doesn’t fall under a regulated profession, you don’t need to worry too much about any specific degree. Many data architects have undergraduate degrees in information technology, computer science, and software engineering. Here are some effective ways you can become a successful data architect.
Make Sure You Have a University Degree
This is one of the most important things you need to remember while becoming a successful data architect. Make sure you get a degree in one of the major subjects such as information technology, computer science, data science, or software engineering. You can also take classes on data architecture, database management systems, computer programming, or software design.
Get Professional Certifications
If you have your focus on the data engineering field, you will find numerous industry certifications as per your needs. It doesn’t matter which professional certificate you choose, make sure you pay close attention. This is because the certifications you choose should be capable of proving beneficial for your career in the future.
Learn Programming Languages
Programming languages are the heart and soul of the data architect industry. If you don’t know the most crucial programming languages such as Python, C++, Perl, etc., you will face super problems while learning more about data architecture.
Complete Your Internship
This is another great tip you should remember while becoming a professional data architect. As this job isn’t entry-level, make sure you gain as much experience as possible before you apply for a full-time job. This way you will be able to prepare for your role. You can also look for proper internships in the IT field.
Relevant Read: Data Science Courses in India
Job Prospects and Salary
When you complete your data architect education with proper marks in your exams, you will be able to secure high-paying jobs both in India and abroad. However, you need to make sure that you study with full concentration.
|India||INR 24 Lakh|
|USA||USD 1,27,000 (INR 1 Crore)|
|UK||GBP 71,000 (INR 71 Lakh)|
|Canada||CAD 1,16,000 (INR 71 Lakh)|
|Australia||AUD 1,60,000 (INR 92 Lakh)|
Ans. To become a successful data architect, you will need at least three to five years of experience. You also need to ensure you’re gaining experience from related fields.
Ans. The popularity of the data architecture course was never dull. Therefore, the students who pursue their careers in this field will undoubtedly receive great job offers.
Ans. Contrary to the popular belief, data architecture is never a stressful career option.
If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.