Amongst the top business schools in Europe and the world, HEC Paris was established in 1881 and is situated in the suburbs of Paris. Known to have one of the largest and most beautiful campuses in Europe, the alumni of HEC Paris have more CEOs than most business schools. The business school is home to over 4,400 students and 8,500 managers and executives that undergo training every year. HEC Paris is globally acclaimed for its flagship MBA, EMA, Master in Management and PhD programs. This blog brings you all the details about the top courses, curriculum and admission process at HEC Paris.
This Blog Includes:
HEC Paris: Quick Facts
|Campus Location||Jouy-en-Josas, France|
|Popular Programs||MBA, MS, Executive Programs|
|No. of Students||4,238|
|Eligibility||GMAT- 690, IELTS-6, PTE-72 (Average)|
HEC Paris has always been known for preparing future leaders. Their alumni have been at the forefront of the global business world. The 2017 Times Higher Education Alma Mater Index stated that HEC Paris graduates are amongst the major CEOs of fortune 500 companies than any other business school in Europe. Here are the core features that the business school is renowned for:
Leadership: The business school has always focused essentially on creating future leaders to excel across different arenas. HEC Paris has undertaken the obligation that their students push their limits and do something good for society. The business school’s emphasis on practical learning can be understood from the fact they organize different events to impart practical skills through many engaging events like MBA tournaments and off-campus leadership seminars.
Entrepreneurship: The university inculcates entrepreneurial skills in their students by providing such an environment. About 25% of their alumni include entrepreneurs with thriving startups. They believe this skill to be really important in life whether you go for a job or a business. The faculty helps in the creation of nearly 400 schoolwide projects and provides resources to their students such as creativity talks, mentoring sessions with experienced entrepreneurs.
Innovative Vision: The university not only provides you with theoretical knowledge of your syllabus but shapes you for the future in such a way that you are more than capable of implementing new ideas and creating an impact on the society for the greater good.
HEC Paris Flagship Programs
Here are the most popular and flagship programs that HEC Paris is internationally renowned for:
- Master in Management (MIM)– Grand Ecole
- MSc Marketing
- MSc International Finance
- MSc Strategic Management
- MSc Managerial and Financial Economics
- MSc Sustainability and Social Innovation
Apart from these, the business school also offers many online and short-term programs across varied specialisations in Business and Commerce.
HEC Paris follows a six-step admission process for its flagship programs.
- Connect with the university: Once you have selected the course, you need to get in touch with the business school by filling up an online form pertaining to the admission process or anything for that matter. You will get a personalised response within the stipulated time period.
- Application Submission: The next step is to fill out your application and submit it before the deadline you wish to apply as the university provides different deadlines. The application should be complete and accurate as there is no space for editing. Your application plays a major role in whether you get selected or not. So, make sure to provide as much valid information as you can in a presentable way.
- Pre-Selection Jury: This is the determining stage in your admission process. During this step, the admission board sits down with your application and considers whether you should be selected or not. There are various factors involved according to which they select or reject an application. Some of such factors are:
- Educational Background: It refers to the academic strength of the candidate and they prefer a candidate from a reputed university.
- Professional Experience: It refers to evaluating the candidate on the basis of professional work he/she has done in the past and whether or not they have a clear career progression or not.
- International Exposure: The admissions team at HEC Paris also focuses on whether the individual has gained global exposure in terms of academics or career both.
- Interview Process: After clearing the jury round, you’ll have to face two interviews with the alumni of their college. They assess your communication skills, aspirations and values. During each interview, you’ll have to give an oral presentation on a topic of your choice which will be followed by a discussion regarding your application and both the interviews have equal weightage.
- Notification For Admissions: After the completion of the interview process, 12 jury members including the Dean, faculty and other esteemed individuals review your application which includes your essays and letter of recommendation and after their final decision you will be notified via email.
There are numerous scholarships offered by HEC Paris for international students. Here is a list of some scholarships that you can apply for:
- HEC Foundation Excellence Scholarships
- Go Clean Scholarships
- HEC Paris MBA Scholarship for excellence
- HEC Foundation Excellence Scholarships
- Jared J. Davis Grant
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarships
Eligibility for MBA at HEC Paris
Since MBA is one of the most popular programs at HEC Paris, here is a general eligibility criterion you must keep in mind while applying for this program:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
- Two years of professional experience.
- GMAT or GRE scores. (Average GMAT score-690)
- IELTS/TOEFL/PTE scores (IELTS-7.0, PTE-72)
Thus, we hope that this blog helped you explore the key details about HEC Paris. Planning to study your masters or PhD at HEC Paris? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to provide you with the best guidance for crafting an impressive application and getting successfully shortlisted. Sign up for a free session with us now!