PTE is a computer-based academic English language test which is aimed at non-native English speakers who aim to study or settle abroad. This test assesses the Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening proficiency of the aspirant. The test is designed in such a manner that it often tests 2 skills at the same time, such as listening and reading, or reading and speaking. The PTE score is valid for a period of 2 years.
- Understand the topic well in the time which is provided to you before the microphone opens up.
- Do not waste any time and begin to speak as soon as the status changes to blue bar.
- Remember that the microphone automatically turns off if you remain silent for three seconds.
- Emphasize your grammar as well as pronunciation.
- For retell lecture, always make notes and write really fast on the important points.
- To describe the image, always figure out in the beginning whether it is a graph, bar, pie, map or a chart.
- In case of any error, correct it and move on without wasting any time.
- Click next only and only when the microphone changes.
- Before the audio clip begins, read the question very carefully.
- Always consider the word count very important and write 50-70 words.
- Focus on the keywords and do not try to write everything as you would be short of time.
- The repetitive words generally convey the central idea to the main idea. Focus on these keywords which may be dates, numbers, times, phrases or names.
- For summarizing the written text, always write continuous sentences and the word limit is 50-70 words. Always check the grammar and punctuation.
- For writing an essay, you should keep in mind that you will have twenty minutes to plan, write and revise the essay.
- Before you read the passage, read the question well.
- Look for the main summary of the passage in order to have a complete idea about the text.
- In case you come across unfamiliar words, try to read the entire sentence and guess the meaning.
- If the paragraph contains a pronoun, then it might be referring to something mentioned in the earlier paragraph.
- Attempt all the questions. Do not leave any question unanswered.
PTE Academic basically assesses the practical English skills you will need to study and/or live abroad. These are a few tips which one can keep in mind if appearing for PTE test in a much efficient manner. Also, maintain your calm during the course of the entire test preparation. This is one way how you can remember the correct answers at the correct time.
Give yourself a fair chance to enhance your analytical and reasoning skills with above-mentioned strategies and tips.
– Team Leverage