The aviation industry has always been amongst the most sought-after career fields for those wanting to build a career in the sky. But the preferred job opportunities have stayed limited to certain professions like pilot, flight attendant, and aviation engineers. But if you are interested in pursuing prospects in the arena of Aviation but don’t want to opt for a conventionally chosen domain, then you should definitely consider the field of Airport Management which is a specialised discipline of Aviation Management. Studying an MBA in Airport Management, you will get to know about the inner workings of an airport as well as varied aspects of its daily operations like management of security, fire safety, passenger forecasting as well as facilitating a smooth transportation of goods, amongst others. Through this blog, we will take a look at what an MBA degree in Airport Management entails, the top universities offering this course as well as the career scope you can avail.
This Blog Includes:
MBA in Airport Management: Overview
An MBA in Airport Management deals with several specific fields of Aviation like Airline Management, Airport Operations Management, Aviation Communications, and Aviation Safety and Security. Students get to learn about the various challenges and issues faced by those working in the airline sector. It will also include the techniques of tackling communications in case of conflicts along with the study of the air laws and regulations to ensure the smooth functioning of the airline.
To understand whether a course is suitable for you or not is the hardest decision mainly because this integral choice would eventually determine your entire future. Similarly, for an MBA in Airport Management, the following skills can help you gauge if this program is the right one for you:
- You must have an outgoing attitude because as a managerial job, it requires professionals who are interactive with good communication skills that prove helpful in coordinating with large groups of people.
- You must have a sense of responsibility and credibility to work in an efficient manner.
- You would be required to mediate at times in a deadlock.
- You would be expected to lead in emergencies. So, quick problem-solving skills, observational abilities and presence of mind are a must which will further help you explore diverse career opportunities after completing an MBA in Airport Management.
Before opting for a course, you must be aware of its course curriculum, what to expect out of it as well as what do you need to invest in it. So, just to help you grapple with the different aspects of an MBA in Airport Management, here is a list of major subjects as well as core areas of study included under this degree.
- Airport Financial Management
- Managerial Communication
- Airport Operations Management
- Airline Marketing and Management
- Airport Support Services and Facilities
- Carrier Operations Management
- Human Resource and Management
- Air Transport Management
- Airport Economics
There are numerous academic institutions across the globe that offer MBA in Airport Management programs and their variants. Below we have listed down some of the major universities providing MBA degree programs in Airport and Aviation Management:
- Lynn University, Florida
- Toulouse Business School, France
- Singapore Aviation Academy
- Middlesex University, London
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Florida
- University of the Highlands and Islands, UK
- Massey University, New Zealand
- St. Louis University, Missouri
MBA in Airport Management: Career Prospects
Completing an MBA in Airport Management, you would have gained crucial insights into the inner workings of an airport as well as how its day-to-day operations concerning security, transportation and other support services facilities are conducted. After completing a specialised degree like this, you can either choose from different job opportunities available in the Aviation industry or you can also go for a doctoral degree in Aviation Management if you want to work in the research and development sector. Below mentioned are some of the major career profiles you can pursue after earning your postgraduate degree in Airport Management:
- Airport Representative
- Airport Ground Staff
- Tour Coordinator
- Customer Care Executive
- Client Servicing Executive
- Business Systems Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Customer Business Manager
- Airport Manager
Hence, we hope that this blog provided you with the key essentials of a degree like MBA in Airport Management. If you are exploring the wide range of Aviation courses after graduation, take the help of Leverage Edu’s AI tool to browse through the different programs available and find a suitable combination of course and university that fits your interests and aspirations and equips you with the right set of skills to make a surefire career in Aviation.